(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland v3

• Highball%s's Photo
    I didn't want to bump this thread without a screen of some kind, so pictured below is part of the Adventureland Veranda next to the hub.
    Posted Image

The reason I bumped this is to find out if anyone has quarter tile versions of the thatch roof shown below? Not just the straight one shown, but the corners as well. I have the ones from Save RCT2 but they don't line up right.
    Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    it looks great.Much better than the previous screen may i add.It feels more controlled but that may be because less colours are used.As people have said throughout this thread the scale is to big for peeps but have you thought about placing some fixed larger peeps so once finished you'd still get more of a park feel rather than it being deserted
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    I like it a lot Highball. Looks really cool. Nothing really to nitpick other than the expansive brown path in the back, and even that's not too big of a thing. Great work.
  • posix%s's Photo
    how is the scale too big? i don't think that at all.

highball, your screens make me happy everytime you post them. this one's no exception. it looks wonderful.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    ^ from a peep perspective everything is bigger.

it may not be to scale but everything is lovely.
  • lacrosse14%s's Photo

The reason I bumped this is to find out if anyone has quarter tile versions of the thatch roof shown below? Not just the straight one shown, but the corners as well. I have the ones from Save RCT2 but they don't line up right.

Like this?

Attached Files

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Awesomes
  • Highball%s's Photo

Like this?

Yeah but I need them to be the thatch roofs like the one pictured rather than the wooden ones.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    My favourite screen from you.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I knew I had these somewhere.....

Attached File  LVQRTH01.DAT (2.68KB)
    downloads: 142
    Attached File  LVQRTH03.DAT (3.15KB)
    downloads: 136
    Attached File  LVQRTH02.DAT (2.85KB)
    downloads: 145
  • Highball%s's Photo

I knew I had these somewhere.....

Attached File  LVQRTH01.DAT (2.68KB)
    downloads: 142
    Attached File  LVQRTH03.DAT (3.15KB)
    downloads: 136
    Attached File  LVQRTH02.DAT (2.85KB)
    downloads: 145

Thanks, but those are the versions I have now. They don't line up right when you try to stack them and make a roof. I was hoping someone had a corrected version but I'll just see if I can fix them myself. I appreciate the downloads.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Ehh, that's probably why they're in my secondary "seldom if ever used" DAT folder. I figured there must be a reason.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Hah, I had the same problem highball, with levis' thatch roofs not aligning alright.. I made a 1/4 version of the slanted steep thatch roof and the corner piece (didn't made an 'inverted corner piece' (don't know the correct word for it :p );

Nice screen, lovely atmosphere! Is V3 almost done now?

SF
  • Highball%s's Photo

Hah, I had the same problem highball, with levis' thatch roofs not aligning alright.. I made a 1/4 version of the slanted steep thatch roof and the corner piece (didn't made an 'inverted corner piece' (don't know the correct word for it :p );

Nice screen, lovely atmosphere! Is V3 almost done now?

SF

Sweet, thanks SF. Those will do nicely and I'll improvise for the lack of an inverted corner (you got the word right). v3 is nowhere near done. I still have a lot to do on the east side of the park. I'll try to update my first post more often with % updates.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Time for the February update. The past month has found me working on a section I long thought to be finished: Main Street, U.S.A. Some of the facades in this area had always bugged me, but most were to my liking. Now I'm finding that NONE of them are what they could be. So now I'm going back and completely redoing Main Street block by block. I've got most of the southeast block done, and I'm only waiting on pictures to come in of the Center Street facades.

Posted Image
    Shown here is part of Town Square Photography, the Main Street Cinema, and Uptown Jewelers. Note that I've yet to place lamps and I've got to make a custom tree in place of those Chinese cedars.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Looks great as always... except that Disney wouldn't just have the bare scaffolding there. I dunno if you've seen what they're doing lately, but now they're putting up tarp with images of what would be there... kinda cool. Obv not do-able in RCT, but yeah...

How much is left? And is this just one land per map thing or the entire park in one map.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I love that Main Street shot. Your work is so fresh.
  • Highball%s's Photo

Looks great as always... except that Disney wouldn't just have the bare scaffolding there. I dunno if you've seen what they're doing lately, but now they're putting up tarp with images of what would be there... kinda cool. Obv not do-able in RCT, but yeah...

How much is left? And is this just one land per map thing or the entire park in one map.

Yeah, they've been putting up decorative scrims over the scaffolding. Every update I read lately has nothing but refurbs (which is a very good thing, not that I'm complaining) and I was messin around and tried it on one of my old facades.

I've still got a long way to go, so I'd guesstimate about 60% done. All lands are on the same map.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Disneyland Hotel & Fantasia Gardens- 90%
    Pathways from bus stop/monorail, Gardening.
    Main Street, U.S.A.- 50%
    New City Hall/Fire Station, Hub/Town Square improvements, Facade Updates.
    Adventureland- 15%
    Jungle Cruise layout, Enchanted Tiki Room, Festival of the Lion King/Theater in the Wild.
    New Orleans Square- 75%
    Completion of move, new Haunted Mansion, Fantasmic! viewing area.
    Frontierland- 90%
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad move/redesign, Tom Sawyer Island, Diamond Horseshoe.
    Fantasyland- 60%
    New Peter Pan's Flight, Mad Tea Party, new Dumbo area, redesigned Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall.
    Liberty Square- 50%
    Hall of Presidents, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and Columbia Harbour House.
    Discoveryland- 0%
    Initial planning stages; The Rocketteer, Submarine Voyage, Videopolis Theater.
    Tomorrowland- 90%
    Land relocation, new Space Mountain exterior, conversion of Rocket Rods to TTA.

Posted Image
  • nin%s's Photo
    Really inspiring dude, I'm really liking those buildings in the back a lot. My main gripe is the tree with no planter underneath, it just looks a bit weird growing out of the brick like that. The Jewelers overhang seems a bit unsupported as well.

Also, off topic for a minute. I know you're probably busy and all, but would you be willing to supply an old friend some pics from the parks? :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading