Park / Hasten

Park_2360 Hasten

10 Comments

• Comment System%s's Photo
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    I'm not really suprised by the score, feedback on what could be better would be great though. ;) I'm also going to uninstall the add-ons for my next ride, as they seem to be an issue around here.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Well, the layout is pretty mediocre. You seem to understand how to pace a ride, but it just kind of meanders randomly and the ending seems an afterthought to get back to the station.

The landscape might as well be flat and doesn't add anything to the park. The trees seem to be random, and they sort of form a pattern since they're so evenly placed (draws the eye away from the rides...).

Think about what makes a go cart race fun--is it long, scenic straight-aways by a serene lake?

I can't open the park though, so I don't know what the architecture looks like, but the path layout is strange to say the least. Why the long stretch off in the middle of nowhere that connects under the lift hill?
  • Ling%s's Photo
    >>Start downloading file
    >>See RCT2WWTT
    >>NOPE.JPG

Seriously though, you should have posted it over on NLE, I'd have critiqued the shit out of it for you.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Please take this as constructive critsism even though it is mostly negative.

The main thing I hated is the fact that this was built in 5 years. It pisses me off to see the least amount of time on a park/design.

The path layouts are horrible. You broke up a triplewide path that has architecture close to the paths on both sides. This makes it feel really cramped. The queue line for the woody feels half-assed, as more effort could have been made than just adding a fence around the queue. However, I did somewhat liked the interaction with the queue and coaster.

The architecture is bad. Really bad. This is due to the lack of effort given in to it is the main problem. Try to use deco blocks, poles and posts, and windows to add important detail to the buildings.

The coaster layout was the best thing about the design. The kart layout was bad due to the fact of how expansive it was ( TIP: if you are going to make a ride like a flume or kart expansive like this, make it really well themed ). However, another thing that showed promise is that carousel.

The composition did not make sense. You add a seating area quite far away from a eating place. Why? You could have made more room to make everything more spacious.

The landscaping/Foliage was another thing that really needs improvment. There were no bushes from what I could see. It was mostly flat grass, which is totally unrealistic in most situations.

Simply, for your next project, Take more time than 5 YEARS to create a design. It and improvment at the game may prove you to be successful at another take at a design.

EDIT: I have triple thrill pack, and I can still differentiate between stock RCT2 and WW/TT.
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Thank you, but could I ask where the 5 years comes from? Sorry but I'm not really getting that. I know a lot of it looks randomly placed and thrown together, but this ride was really me transitioning from n00b to CSO and more advanced content. I tried my best to make it somewhat decent looking but being newer with stuff like this it was a challenge. The seating wasn't actually meant to go with the restaurant in the first place, it was meant to be more or less of a place to cool off and enjoy the veiw of the lake. I'm not sure if I actually had any 3D grass objects in the file aswell, and at the time I probably didn't think it looked good having been around NCS so much.

Either way I appreciate the critisism, and I will for sure work on those.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I can't look at it, but I'm assuming he means five in-game years' worth of work. Normally for a design you want to put in 8~10x that.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I can't look at it, but I'm assuming he means five in-game years' worth of work. Normally for a design you want to put in 8~10x that.

Ive hit the 40 yr mark on a log flume and some composition stuff. Im slowwww......
  • Super G%s's Photo
    My Design is at 175 years right now... But I'm a slow builder too.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    A lot of people never pause when building, even when they get up to go do stuff. Also I have to keep my benches really small or I never finish anything. So 40~45 years is pretty much straight work, as I'm paused in between when looking at reference photos or whatnot. Either way, 5 years is not enough.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I'm at year 305 now in my park. ;)

Like mostly said, your park needs a lot more work.