Kumba (#1) - Bad Kraken!

aerialm2770.png
    inthemanual (#4) - Earl Grey

aerialm2779.png
    csw (#5) - Candyland

aerialm2773.png
    Spudzilla21 (#8} - Weise Stadium

How to vote?
    First of all, check out all the entries in this match. If you can't view one or more entries, for example if you don't own LL, then please, do NOT vote.
    Once you've viewed all 4, select your favourite and second favourite in the polls above.
    After 3 days, we will close the poll, the results of the two polls will be added together, and the 2 highest scoring entries will proceed to the next round.
    Comments on the individual parks have been disabled, so please leave your comments below.

Anyone found to be voting on their own match up will be disqualified from voting.

Anyone found to be voting when they cannot view all 4 entries will be banned from NE.

Votes are public and so any cheating of the system, betrayal of honesty or mistrust will be picked up on and will be dealt with.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Please remember, only vote if you can view all entries. CSW's is LL, you will need LL to vote on this match up.

• Lotte%s's Photo

it's a shame i can't vote on this, would've voted inthemanual #1 and kumba #2.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

inthemanual, when did you get so good? That tea cup and the waterfall and everything around it is incredible.  Just wow.

• trav%s's Photo

That tea cup, wtf

• Ling%s's Photo

Holy shit inthemanual.

• FredD%s's Photo

If I had LL, I would have voted Inthemanuel as #1. Wow, really class micro! That tea cup cray...

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Crazy teacup!

• Poke%s's Photo

Inthemanual's is my favourite micro so far. Stunning.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

I get heavy Reve de Parapluie teas here with Earl Grey! I love the rapids ride, and those tea cups were executed beautifully. The whole thing was great to look at and was so vibrant for a mini. The surprise of round 1 for sure. Can't wait to see more from you inthemanual! 

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

I get an "invalid data" when trying to open Candyland.  Any suggestions?

• robbie92%s's Photo
    Jeez AC, "teas"?! Gonna pull out some more Internet Stan slag soon? Will weave snatching finally makes it way to NE? NE's next top hunty?

:p
  • Ling%s's Photo

You need Drexler, Chocotopian.

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

Ah, excellent. Thanks Ling. I'll vote on these tomorrow.

• Ride6%s's Photo

Sadly, I don't have LL these days so I can't vote in this round.

Weise Stadium - Not bad!  I really appreciated the advertising boards.  Sadly an entry with no movement, such as this, isn't really in a great position to win.  It was very very pleasant, and I hope we'll see you put together some larger stuff soon.  There are groups where I think this would've let you progress...  sadly, this was not one of them.  :(

Earl Grey - I wasn't as enchanted with this as a lot of the commentators, but it was certainly impressive.  The coaster layout was just "ok", but that tends to be the nature of the beast on these tiny maps.  Everything else though, was visually spectacular. Transcendence gave me a good laugh for some reason.  I doubt you'll have any trouble rocking the next round.  ^_^  

Bad Kraken! - The back-story adds a horrifying whimsy and certainly set the mood for the 'park' (for lack of a better term).  The ride was pretty 'meh' in terms of layout, but everything was beautifully executed and the sense of humor was undeniable.   

Ride6

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Good ol' Kumba brown.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Unfortunately can't vote.

Kumba: Kudos for writing a back story for the park. The Roman guards were really nice touches. Not sure I agree with the Kraken being airborne; would have preferred there being a clear point where it came out of the water. This is understandable given the size limit. Also really cool use of the rock wall facade [have never seen that object before].

ITM: Clear La Reve influence which I saw immediately, but that certainly doesn't take anything away from the enjoyment that I had when looking at this. I'd say probably my favourite for the round at this point; loved the rapids ride and there were a number of fantastic touches in that cave/underground section. Really top quality and would have gotten my #1 vote.

Spudzilla: Surprisingly impressive, but not really what you want to have in a micro because it's basically a single, rather bland building. Would have also liked to see the stall named, and it might have been an idea to have some frozen staff as players on the field.

Can't view in-game, but those snowflakes look really great csw.

• Ling%s's Photo

I guess I should actually comment.

Bad Kraken - Loved the writeup, loved the little guard details. I too don't understand why the kraken was floating, it weakened the effect quite a bit. I think it also robbed you of some better interaction opportunities; as it stands the water coaster only really has that one particularly abrupt drop going for it.

Earl Grey - Easily the surprise of the tournament, even with your incredibly fast increase in skill over the past few months. The coaster layout is just alright and the river rapids doing that weird angled slow lift doesn't make any sense to me, but everything else - the teapots, the mountains, the foliage, the architecture, and particularly the underground cave sections - was pretty much perfect. I didn't get a particularly strong Alice in Wonderland feel from it but the atmosphere is still incredible and the staff touches gave me a chuckle. You forgot me though. :(

Candyland - I personally think this shouldn't prevent others from voting on the round - the overview really does show everything. The snowflakes were a nice touch and everything was clear enough, but it just needed something else. Using a staff member to make sure the clipped objects animate correctly was a clever solution.

Weise Stadium - Not a good choice for a micro, I think. There's basically just a tiny fraction here, and while the back side did have some nice architectural touches, there wasn't much to look at.

Voted:
    1. inthemanual
    2. Kumba
    3. csw
    4. Spudzilla21

• Faas%s's Photo

Amazing match up! Thanks for making me a part of your awesome micro inthemanual! I hope I'm not up against you in the future, that's for sure! 

• Kumba%s's Photo

Not that happy with my entry... It was a late change and like a Plan C that I did in a few days and hence it has all the stereotypical Kumba stuff like the color brown, frozen staff and a huge head floating awkwardly... I figured my default mode could be enough to get out of R1, which was risky. R1 in general is a bitch in contests like this. You know if you go all-out you might use a lot of your best ideas when it could be an easy win and if you play it too safe you might get humiliated. Lucky for me it seems my gamble paid off and the champ will stay alive. Look out in all upcoming rounds because I do have all my plans set and will be much harder to beat ;)

ITM - Really awesome work. You have improved a ton and your skill with hacks details (frozen staff!!!) and atmosphere are now at a really high level. You win this round and I agree with that. Great work!

cws - From the zoomed out overview... it looks like a horrible entry, but zoomed in... you really did have some pretty cool stuff and clearly put some work into it. I liked the castle a lot.

Spud - As Ling just said, it was really not a good idea for a micro. It's more of a concept I would like to see done on a huge map RCTNW style. Still, you did it pretty well with a few good details. I would like to see you try again on a larger scale.

On to the next one...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading