• geewhzz
    Percentage of vote: 6.25%
  3. csw 1 vote [6.25%]
    • FK+Coastermind
    Percentage of vote: 6.25%
  4. Spudzilla21 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  • spudzilla21%s's Photo

hahahHAHAHAHA. Fuck me I guess.  What great micros in this one!  My park was a little rushed and I should've added more details like you guys said, but life got in the way.  Kumba's is totes my fav out of this group, itm is second.

• Louis!%s's Photo

1) imanual

Very creative, nice layout, great archy, your best work yet. Easily worthy of getting 1st place. And can the god of tea really be a god of tea if they don't even like tea all that much? :p

2) Kumba

Again, very creative, nice little back story. I know you can do better than this, but you clearly did enough to get through the first round.

3) CSW

When you submitted this, I loved it straight away. You really should go through with this because it was just pure fun and really creative. I loved every little bit of it, it just went up against 2 incredibly strong parks, which is a shame. Great work.

4) spud

Like most have said, odd choice for a micro, but at least you gave the idea a shot. I think with large structures without any rides you need some extra spark. More could've been done to the structure to make it more exciting.

• Lotte%s's Photo

1) imanual

And can the god of tea really be a god of tea if they don't even like tea all that much? :p

a brit not liking tea? this is an outrage

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Jeez AC, "teas"?! Gonna pull out some more Internet Stan slag soon? Will weave snatching finally makes it way to NE? NE's next top hunty?

:p 

Hahaha I've been spending too much time on the pop forums arguing why Britney is better than Xtina. g14.gif But the joke was too good to pass up  :p

How do YOU know about it, hunty?  interesting2.gif

• robbie92%s's Photo

Brit-Knee stan, eh? And I swear, the word hunty never fails to crack me up. Are we going to turn NE into a RCT-ATRL (not that ATRL is the ideal pop forum, but ah well)?

EDIT: As someone who tends to lurk in a few music forums, I consider myself semi-fluent in Internet stan speak :p

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

4. Candyland.

There were some great uses of trackitecture and the colours were very appealing.  However, I found some of the object compromises a bit too far from what they were supposed to be, and the area came across as a bit too chaotic. It was very creative in parts, but unfortunately I feel like a larger area like this would work better (which obviously you can't do for a micro).

3. Weise Stadium.

Very clean and clear, which I appreciate.  A solid, well made structure with all the shops neatly included, and the field smartly hinted at. Having this peepable would've added a lot of atmosphere I felt, or even a few staff members and moving signs as adverts on the field.  Overall, a good entry, but not enough action for me to appreciate it fully.

2. Bad Kraken!

Man this was tough to call. I really did love everything about this. The entire backstory really set the scene and added a brilliantly humourous touch to what would otherwise be an epic disaster. It was great fun to find the characters from the story in the park, and the names of the staff members were very funny.  The whole "using a micro as a moving picture" thing really worked for me, and I feel bad that I'm only giving it second place.

1. Earl Grey.

Wonderful. I too can see where your inspiration came from, but I don't care. The way the coaster swooped in and out of the landscape and then hugged the side of the mountain was fantastic, and the rapid ride, with its complete unpredictability and tiny underground streams to flow through, was amazing.  The whole semi-Chinese, semi-madness was executed perfectly, and the large scenery structures you built were great. An excellent entry. Well done!

• Airtime%s's Photo

At first I was quite impressed with Kumba's entry from the overview thinking it was a little different from his usual stuff then when you open it in game it's same old brown theme. Still really enjoyed it though :p

ITM. Nice switch up of style even if it felt like Turtle or that Lijang thing. I loved the layout though.

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

ITM, by far the best entry yet. I would say, while i've been intrigued by your work, this park has won me over, easily the best demonstration of how far your skills have come and your break-through moment at NE. The only thing that wasn't amazing was how similar it was to La Reve, lol. Otherwise, the coaster was fun without being too much, the details were perfect without being overwhelming, and the tea theme for the water ride has to be on of the best ideas you have had in awhile.

my second vote went to cws, so many cool ideas, and kinda a perfect LL theme for a micro, i loved it

Kumba, i'll say, i just wasn't a fan. Your ideas are still there, as they have always been, but i don't feel your park making is. your self-named design showed you could do real clean crisp details, but i feel like i could put this micro next to something you made 2-3 years ago and see the same trends. IMO, at this point in your rct career, you should be looking to maintain your amazing ideas in the style of modern rct, and this certainly didn't feel like that. 

FK

• Louis!%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Winner: inthemanual with 23.5 points

Runner-Up: Kumba with 15 points

3rd Place: csw with 1 point

4th Place: Spudzilla21 with 0 points

inthemanual & Kumba go through to Round 2

• csw%s's Photo

Woohoo! 1 point! Honestly this is about what I expected. I think I had a good idea but the execution wasn't too great. The lack of use of custom objects really hurt me, especially against the caliber of stuff itm and kumba produced. With a map this small the winning is in the details. And it's hard to do that in LL. Oh well, perhaps next time.

Also, inthemanual is the guy to beat now. Shame I had to draw him first round but can't change that. 

• 5dave%s's Photo

Candyland - csw

Cool idea with some really nice details and structures. A shame there wasn't much to see besides all those sculptures and little landscape. A ride (maybe even a maze incorporating all those landscapes into one) could have tied everything together. Great work on that castle - looks really cool!

Bad Kraken! - Kumba

Typical Kumba work I'd say, haha. Your building structures always look so similar (huge buildings which get thinner to the top) - mostly not my cup of tea (no pun intended ;) ). I don't like the sculpture that much - doesn't look very much like a kraken, more like an angler. But really impressive work on the whole entry nontheless. You really shine with all those crazy details and named staff. Great!

Earl Gray - Inthemanual

Dramatic landscaping - reminds me a bit of PizzaWurscht's entry... Really strong concept, pretty reminiscent of a certain H2H6 park. I loved the tea waterfall, the monastery on the mountain, the foliage and the whole colors of it. Also the shabby underground part was nice too. Can't really find anything bad in this entry - maybe the rapid ride was a bit too crazy to me and I wished the queue was shown in spots on that mountain, otherwise amazing stuff!

Weise Stadium - Spudzilla21

Nice effort on the structure. Maybe not the best thing to do for a Micro, but still it looked quite nice. The roof was a bit to short and I don't like how it's tilted down (it would rain on the guests standing in the rain even more)... Also it was kinda blocky on the outside and not very interesting for a stadium... But good work on this big structure nontheless!

"MFG"

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Interesting how I got more votes on this matchup, but Kumba's park has a higher score.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Poll is still open I guess.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading