H2H7 / H2H7 Awards

• Liampie%s's Photo

Attached Image: h2h7v13.png

Head to Head 7. A new round to the biggest contest in RCT history.

We know, you waited for the awards a long time. It has been a little over a month ago that Heaven's Atlas were crowned the champions after a spectacular season. For the second H2H in a row, the heavenly crew ended up being the best team. But it's not all about who's the best team! What about the parks? The rides? The players? Which ones stood out most? It's time to decide, to reflect and celebrate the past half year, which has been fantastic for the site and RCT in general.

As you can see, the poll above is open. Please take your time to pick your votes carefully. You cannot change your vote afterwards. Also note that votes are public. Voting for yourself is allowed, but we strongly encourage you to vote honestly on the best choice for each category.

Q&A

Q: How long does the voting last?
    A: the poll closes Friday September 11th at 23:59 GMT.

Q: When is the awards ceremony?
    A: Sunday September 13th. Exact time is to be announced soon, but it will be in the evening for Europe and during the day for the Americas.

Q: My favourite hasn't been nominated! The list is biased!
    A: We're sorry. Making a fair list of nominations is more work than it seems, and it's impossible to please everyone. Believe us that we tried to make the list as balanced and fair as possible.

Q: I've voted in the poll, but now the poll is invisible and I want to see the nominations!
    A: The list of nominations can be found below.

Nominations

[nominations coming soon]

• Steve%s's Photo

Finally! Go Heaven's Atlas! Some of these were really tough -- a good reminder of what a fantastic season this was.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Chuckled a bit when I saw 'Good layout?'. Did the same when I saw prodigy in the replacement list.

The best idea category was immensely hard.

Rookie category was interesting seeing as how talented some of the people on that list were. With a captain on it nonetheless.

• G Force%s's Photo

Chuckled a bit when I saw 'Good layout?'. Did the same when I saw prodigy in the replacement list.

Waaaaw

The MVP voting was probably the most difficult to me, no one really stood out especially compared to H2H6 and H2H5.  Best of luck to all nominees.

EDIT:  Where is Cali Screaming for Best Steel Coaster and PoE for Best Architecture?  I know you specifically address things being left out but come on.

• ida%s's Photo

Okay, i read the Q&A bit, but i'm still disappointed by the fact that Port of Entry is nowhere to be found. I considered it one of the best parks of H2H7. The architecture in it was simply breathtaking and the fact that Shotguns built it all by himself is just amazing. I have no idea how it won from Tenochtitlan because the architecture in there was honestly sub-par and random in places. The boats didn't make it for me.

Certainly Port of Entry should have be in the Best Architecture section at least. Yes, i know that there's no discussion possible about it but i do want to know why it's nowhere to be found.

• Fisch%s's Photo
    The MVP voting was probably the most difficult to me, no one really stood out especially compared to H2H6 and H2H5.  Best of luck to all nominees.

I would like to underline the importance of Liam this H2H. I mean his importance as a player by the way. So despite the fact that it's a bit weird to campaign for people in these awards, I'd definitely put him out there as clear mvp for our team and have voted for him in the H2H mvp list accordingly. More than 50% of the work on Tenochtitlan, Diamond Heights and 7 Wonders speaks for itself.

edit:

Also it's a bit of a crime in my opinion that Port of Entry isn't available for the architecture award, despite all the glitching. No offense to the admins though, great work with getting this ready.

• Lotte%s's Photo

2 nominations? I'll take it :p

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

I love the idea of #diamondheights winning 'Most Original Park' :)

• Kumba%s's Photo

California Screamin was the Best Steel Coaster. Shame on you guys for not having it there as a choice. Otherwise it's a good list of nominations.

I agree with Fisch that Liam was the clear MVP, tho overall and not just for his team. Cocoa takes second and the rest is all pretty close. It was amazing how much work some people put in this season.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

yes to both cali screamin nom and poe archy nom. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I would like to underline the importance of Liam this H2H. I mean his importance as a player by the way. So despite the fact that it's a bit weird to campaign for people in these awards, I'd definitely put him out there as clear mvp for our team and have voted for him in the H2H mvp list accordingly. More than 50% of the work on Tenochtitlan, Diamond Heights and 7 Wonders speaks for itself.

Don't think you'll need to campaign for him. The sole fact that his wins alone would have gotten you to the finals says a lot as well. Cocoa is the one I feel needs at least a special mention. He worked on three stupendous parks and nearly soloed one of my favorite parks of the season.

• G Force%s's Photo

My only issue with Liam being voted MVP is the fact that he worked on parks with two park makers who had equal shares and the park he made largely by himself was irrelevant to the result of the contest..  Where as someone like Cocoa or Pac literally carried the parks they worked on.  Its all just on how you define MVP though, is it value or is it performance.

• Fisch%s's Photo

My only issue with Liam being voted MVP is the fact that he worked on parks with two park makers who had equal shares and the park he made largely by himself was irrelevant to the result of the contest..  Where as someone like Cocoa or Pac literally carried the parks they worked on.  Its all just on how you define MVP though, is it value or is it performance.

Believe me the 50/50 shares were given out of generosity whereas he built Seven Wonders within a week because we rescheduled some parks. No offense to either Tolsimir or Steve who were both amazing. 

I agree with Fisch that Liam was the clear MVP, tho overall and not just for his team. Cocoa takes second and the rest is all pretty close.

Second part including Coca I absolutely agree with as well.

______

edit:

Anyway, enough campaigning from me, I don't wanna completely piss everyone off. :p

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Alright, I'll throw my two cents worth into this...

First of all, some of these categories were insanely hard to choose, especially best architecture. PoE was definitely a contender, but man was that hard! I think the other nominations had cleaner archy, but anyway, it's not getting changed. Everyone knows Shogo killed it this H2H, so hats off to him either way. I think high quality architecture was a trademark to this years H2H.

As for MVP, I have to agree with Fisch. Liam was generous in sharing the credit to his co-builders. No offence to Tolsimir and Steve, they were incredible teammates and keys to the team's success, but Liam was the brains behind all 3 parks that were built, and the other guys simply followed his lead. And he went 3 for 3 with his parks. But the quality of all our parks were top notch due to his awesome leadership, insight and direction. He's going to win MVP anyway so I'll stop talking now.

And I was surprised to even be considered for the rookie category, but thanks for considering me :p

Good H2H all around! Looking forward to seeing the results.

• Liampie%s's Photo

And I was surprised to even be considered for the rookie category, but thanks for considering me :p

A 40% share in a regular season winning park wouldn't have gotten you the nomination, but it's quite special for a rookie to have such a significant share in the title-winning park. And it was in a four-way match too...
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Thanks for loving me guys but also i can see the results on mobile so thanks for loving liampie more :)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Thanks for loving me guys but also i can see the results on mobile so thanks for loving liampie more :)

• Steve%s's Photo
    Diamond Heights was actually a solo, we just wanted to fool everyone and it worked so jokes on all of you stop giving Liam all the credit and pay attention to me god damn
  • alex%s's Photo

Nice one for putting this together, great nominations and a really tough call! Given the opportunity I would've voted Worlds Fair for best atmosphere and the dive machine in Meizhou for best steel coaster. I loved the aquatopia in Worlds Fair too, probably would have given that best water ride. Not moaning just wanted to give some honorable mentions!

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Announcement:

The Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, September 13, at 21:00 UK, 22:00 EU, 1:00PM Pacific, and 4:00PM Eastern

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading