RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

You can send it my way and I'll see if I can open it.

I still save my game every 15-20 mins as a new file. Just to be safe... :)

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Ignore: the notification re-appears in a millisec

Retry: it searches for an error, finds nothing, then closes

I am still using just Open RCT so I feel like it shouldn't affect it.  All I did was use invisible entrance/exit huts and hide a ride's track using tile inspector.

big, sent it your way.

• G Force%s's Photo

You should turn autosaves on, you probably have a recent save of it.  Should be in your mydoucments/openrct2/save.

However, if you were messing with track and stuff, it might be un-openable.  Some of Zach's parks have had this issue in Open.  If yo have no other options, try posting it to github with an error report, and perhaps the devs can give you feedback.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Hate autosaves so I turned that off.  My computer is filled with school stuff so I don't have much room on it for extra files I'll never use (except now, when I actually would use an autosave).

Found the problem, it's a ride I can't delete in pause mode without crashing the game.  Anyone know any good ways to delete rides that won't crash the game?  I tried using ClosedRCT and MOM but no dice.

what ride is it? I can try...

• RCT2day%s's Photo

bigshootergrill is amazing and is better than mint chocolate chip ice cream, Dollywood cinnamon bread, and Millennium Force (combined).

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

Please open an issue on Github and include the park in question, along with the necessary information such as your OpenRCT2 version and which ride is causing trouble.

OpenRCT2 should (as in: ought to) not crash under normal circumstances. (And we try to make sure it doesn't in abnormal circumstances either.)

• nicman%s's Photo

@bigshootergill

Remember how you had the problem with the ratings with the crooked house? I just remembered of what I do to make stuff invisible for custom flat rides. Instead of setting the track type to crooked house, set it to enterprise, the track will still be invisible but you will get better ratings.

Yeah, Liam told me that about a week ago, it doubles the excitement rating. But I usually hack some stats with Son of Beast trainer anyway, so I can make my kart tracks as awesome as I feel like. :)

• nicman%s's Photo

So you build in vanilla just so you can have some temporary good ratings while your building?

No, I build in Open. The ratings are permanently adjusted.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I thought trainers didn't work with OpenRCT2?

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    Go to vanilla -> set ratings with Son of Beast -> go back to building in Open, with ratings permanently changed. (At least, that's how I think it went)
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    That will work - I would have thought it'd be more difficult to keep the park compatible with vanila than to hack the ratings without the trainer, but then again I've not yet tried to do that.

EDIT: Ignore this, I didn't realize there's a cheat to change the ratings now.
  • Gymnasiast%s's Photo

I pushed a small fix tonight to allow up to 256 objects on a tab, up from the old limit of 128, which some of you ran into - specifically parks with lots of objects under the Miscellaneous tab.

Cool. Any idea if it works with Vanilla still?

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

Yes, it was just a cosmetic limitation that isn't tied to SV6.

• Fisch%s's Photo

Thanks so much for that one!

Not sure how long this feature was made available, but I just noticed it. The new "Scenery Picker" on the right side of the Object Selection box. Fantastico! Another slam dunk upgrade boys!

• nicman%s's Photo
    It was incorporated today I'm pretty sure. But it is actually one of the most timesaving features in openrct2. I always found it was a pain using colorable 🌲 trees and such, but this new feature will change my building. And will motivate me to build.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading