General Chat / soccer

• Anolis%s's Photo
    what is your favourite soccer club.
    I don't really have a favourite but atm i like AC Milan
  • Jay_Ho%s's Photo
    Yeah, servus anolis.

hmm, my favourite Club is Bayern München....
    But I like Real Madrid, too, because of the nice famous players...

Jay_ho
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    PSV.

i blame them for taking the safe-route out though against arsenal, goddamn them.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    West Ham. Up the Hammers!

Well, maybe not but I've supported them since I started getting interested in football so they'll always have my backing. But I'm a fan of stylish football in general realy, Arsenal are an amazing team to watch as are Chelsea, Barcelona and AC Milan. The Permiership lacks a player like Ronaldinho or Kaka.
  • ajax*%s's Photo

The Permiership lacks a player like Ronaldinho or Kaka.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Duff, Henry, Robben, Fabregas (give him a year), Okocha... all capable of producing that sort of magic imo.

Anyway, I support Lewes FC (the local team, well, local as in my grandfather was captain for them in the 1950's), Man Utd, and of course my team, Wills Hall @ Bristol Uni, to be known from next year as "The Old Willies". Although we kind of suck, having an annoying habit of giving away 3 goal leads.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Manchester City.

Sean Wright-Phillips.
    Anelka.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Liverpool - The new spanish dream.

Yeah it sucks they are all becoming foreign, but alonso/garcia/cisse are cool.

Watch the game today, against arsenal.. what liverpool defend like hell and watch henry rip them apart. Watch liverpool get another 2 or 3 players out injured.. who will it be? Gerrard again with alonso on top, maybe another striker on the side?

My prediction:

Liverpool 1 - (own goal, they cant score themself, seriously.)
    Arses 3 - (henry, henry, henry)

Rooney, Ronaldo, Duff, Henry, Robben, Fabregas (give him a year), Okocha... all capable of producing that sort of magic imo.

All good players but none of them have the Brazilian flair or consitency of style that Ronaldinho in particular has. There is no one in the permiership that can pull off some of the things he does. Did you not see him against Real Madrid?
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    I'm all up for starting a debate on soccer...I could really do with one.

How about this, Henry is not world-class.

*waits for reprise*

Oh, Themeparkmaster has a valid point. Technically the Premiership is crap. Thats in comparison to the Spanish, Italian and Portugese Leagues. Tactically its in the stone age aswell, hence little or no success against the big European clubs. Meh.
  • Nic%s's Photo

Thats in comparison to the Spanish, Italian and Portugese Leagues.

Portugese isn't anything special. Their players are however.

Henry is not world-class.

6 Months ago I would have disagreed, now I don't. It's obvious he has the potential to be but he is not consitent enough and falters on the big stage. He is the best striker in the English game though no doubt...
  • Anolis%s's Photo
    I envy your soccer leagues.
    The german Bundesliga is terrible :lol:
  • ajax*%s's Photo

Liverpool - The new spanish dream.

Yeah it sucks they are all becoming foreign, but alonso/garcia/cisse are cool.

Watch the game today, against arsenal.. what liverpool defend like hell and watch henry rip them apart. Watch liverpool get another 2 or 3 players out injured.. who will it be? Gerrard again with alonso on top, maybe another striker on the side?

My prediction:

Liverpool 1  - (own goal, they cant score themself, seriously.)
    Arses 3 - (henry, henry, henry)

Can we get richie a taxi for one? :D

Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal

Excellent news as a Man Utd fan. Only 4 points behind the gooners now.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

When that goal when in, It felt as good as when Man Utd score. Alonso great strike too.

All I say, Cristiano is a god....
  • Richie%s's Photo
    :p

Im still in shock over that.. i mean.. wtf?

All 3 goals were amazing, the buildups in the first 2, but Mellor's was just awsome. How far out was he when he hit it?
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    25 yards
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Ah soccer...

My high school's soccer team is one of the tops in the state, would've definitely been state champs this year except that two of our best players got kicked off the team right before tournament because they showed up at a school dance shitfaced out of their minds.

I love watching well-played soccer, it pisses me off that Major League Soccer is the best we can do for having a decent soccer league in the States. I need to get some world sports TV channel or something to see European soccer games.
  • ajax*%s's Photo

When that goal when in, It felt as good as when Man Utd score. Alonso great strike too.

All I say, Cristiano is a god....

Did u just copy the 1st sentence from my post? or coincidence? ???

Anyway, all I say is "Gary Neville is a red, is a red is a red, Gary Neville is a red, we hate scousers"

Looking forward to seeing the goals on match of the day, I'm sky deprived here at uni.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    FIFA's World Player of the Year Shortlist has been announced.

It is: Thierry Henry (France; Arsenal)
    Andriy Schevchenko (Ukraine; AC Milan)
    Ronaldinho (Brazil; Barcelona)

So who's gonna win?

Schevchenko gets my vote.

Opinions?
  • Anolis%s's Photo
    Ronaldinho or Henry

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading