(Archive) Advertising District / Skull Island (second attempt, RCT2)

• DaBug%s's Photo
    I've been trying to use the advice I got here. I still haven't downloaded any parks(still have to get my internet fixed on my gaming computer) but I tried some buildings this time. They're still crap compared to your work, but at least it's an improvement I guess. I bring you: Skull Island

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    (I hope you can still see why it's called skull island :))

Posted Image

Coaster stats: 9.86 excitement, 9.86 (lol) intensity, 5.XX nausea

So what do you think about this park? I still need some good name for the coaster, it's named Crusade atm, but I don't really like that. It's supposed to look like a battle against some pirates. I'm also not sure about the color scheme of the coaster. I like it the way it is, but I'm not sure you like it :-). Also any other advice is welcome. :) :lol:
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    1st pic looks good until you take a hard loks at it you should put some of toons windows in their it would make it way better as for the coaster try to hide it more make it seem like a real roller coaster.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    You've definitely got the fun element in your work down. What you need next is probably a little more order. First off, the coaster looks a bit unrealistic with all those 5-bends in it, try and make it line up more naturally by expanding turns or something. You don't have to look at parks from this site to do that, just pictures of real coasters at rcdb.com or coastergallery.com or coasterphotos.com or something like that. I'd also reduce the number of pirate ships, unless you're staging an ambush or something. ;)
  • DaBug%s's Photo
    Panic:
    I WAS staging an ambush, hence the fire in the village :lol:

As for the 5-turns, I'll get working on that ASAP :-) Shouldn't be really hard
    It's only got 2 of them though if I'm not mistaking (they do look stupid)

Sparker:
    Where would I get those windows?

Thanks for the comments :-)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Wow... ok its not amazing but compared to your last park its awesome
    you deffinetly took on the ideas given to you and its payed off. keep up the good work and we'll have a quality park maker in no time :)
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Though Obviously not the best work I have seen...
    It's good to see that soemone still enjoys playing and building in the game.

You have potential kiddo. Keep at it and you shall gain the "knowledge"...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Unbanked high speed curves are a bad idea.
  • DaBug%s's Photo
    Thanks Gutterflower :) And Raven too :)

Anybody got any good ideas for a name ???
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    go to the custom scenery forum and then click on the only important topic scrool down until you see toons page click on it and download like hell. also check out toons mythos pictures get some ideas off of them. good luck
  • DaBug%s's Photo

Update:

I removed the S-turns. You did mean the 3 in this picture right?

Posted Image

The change actually increased the coaster excitement, raising it to 9.91. Next thing I guess I'll do is try to increase the rating to 10+, but I haven't been able to do that yet without building another ride across it (which I don't really want)
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Ok, a few things.

1. Coaster Stats are not that important to us.
    2. PLEASE Save your pics as Jpeg, Pngs are nice...but not when you have like 6 screens in one post.
    3. Big improvemtn from your last attempt. But i suggest banking that one turn in the screen above, the turn above the tan oval building.

-Ryan
  • DaBug%s's Photo
    The files are bmps, but when I upload them at imageshack they turn into pngs... And I don't really know any other really stable uploaders... I'll try to make them smaller next time... As for the turn, I'll bank it the next time I play again.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    http://www.rctd.ft6.com/uploads/
    http://www.insomniac...rect/upload.php
    http://www.imageshack.us/

Change the file to .jpg in paint or something.
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    looks good...i like how you have the fun island atmosphere in the park...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading