H2H3 / Official Waiver Action Thread

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Alright, I'm making a thread for any movement in the H2H teams. This will mainly concern people who are dropped due to inactivity and their replacements.

Officially, there are two moves to report, the first of which has already been announced.

1. Evil WME has replaced Iris as captain and Toon as a parkmaker, becoming a parkmaking captain.

2. The IIIcons have dropped Jellybones due to inactivity and picked up Adonis.

Please note that Jellybones has been blacklisted from future NE events because he broke a commitment (Iris' rules). Maybe he'll be unblacklisted if NE 3 ever rolls around.

And before you ask why Toon isn't blacklisted, even though he's been dropped, it's because history is also taken into account. Toon's had a history of being quite productive. And Moonspoon has not. It's nothing personal tho... just following the rules set before me.

=============================
    EDIT: The above move has been VOIDED.

Edited by Corkscrewed, 11 December 2004 - 06:24 PM.

• Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Isn't Adonis Voodoo? If so that is an unbelievabably unfair swop, besides weren't all captains supposed to have a say when people drop and pick up other players?
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    You're right, it is an unbelievably unfair swap, no offense to wme and voodoo but we lost imo the best captain, the best scenery maker, and Toon's incredible rct skills as well.

The IIIcons have dropped Jellybones due to inactivity and picked up Adonis.

That is unfair, there is no two ways around it.

Also Evil WME is a perfectly capable replacement for Iris and although he may not be able to make scenery like Toon he may have a different style but he can play RCT1 and 2 to a combined standard as good as Toon.

Anyway to answer my other question captains are supposed to have a say over these swops, I wasn't asked.

Toon, Iris, and Jellybones for Evil WME and Adonis might not look fair on paper but breaking it down and putting everything in context Adonis for Jellybones is unfair.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I too think that Adonis for Jellybones is unfair. And I would have preferred it if the teams qere consulted, as was set out in the rules. However, i'd also love to see Adonis get back into RCT, so i'm torn... ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    There are three replacements.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iris, winning h2h captain of many seasons and very capable of leading a team to victory

with

evil wme, a first time captain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toon, scenery maker, and one of the best parkmakers around

with

evil wme, fill this in someone, but i'm definitely not better than toon rct-wise, and i most certainly have never created scenery let alone of the quality he's been making scenery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonspoon, someone capable of making something as seen in the ad. district

with

adonis, someone a bit more established, but nothing over the top amazing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether or not you agree, this replacement bonanza hasn't lead to a stronger IIIcons team. And to top it off, the team now has moral trauma's.

j/k.

we do have a new slogan. "The IIIcons will ferociously beat you, without Toon."
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Isn't Adonis Voodoo? If so that is an unbelievabably unfair swop, besides weren't all captains supposed to have a say when people drop and pick up other players?

Yes its up to the captains to decide if its fair or not. I veto that move, its not even at all.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

adonis, someone a bit more established, but nothing over the top amazing.

I beg to differ. No offense to Jellybones, but it isn't even a comparison.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    ^
    maybe that's right
    but you have to see

evilWME and adonis
    for
    iris, toon, jellybones

1. that's two guys for 3.
    2. i don't see an advantage for us. toon would have been doing objects for the whole team. that would be a big advantage, but now we lost toon.
    3. we got enough trouble for the following weeks cause those guys left us.

i think the trade doesn't give us an advantage if you look at the complete story.
    so it's pretty fair for all.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I don't think it's an unfair trade (except possibly for the iiicons), because even though we could go on and on about who's better than who, we (the team) still lost a lot as a team, because we have to re-organize, re-schedule, all that stuff which was supposed to be done before the actual season had started.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I think its totally unfair but thats because I'm in a moaning mood right now and want to jump on the band wagon of everyone saying its unfair :)
    Notice the only people who think it's fair are on the IIcons. It's unlucky Iris decided to take a break but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, it's not our fault and you shouldn't benefit from it.

Anyway alot of the hardwork done by a captain is done pre-season, when trading and deciding the schedule, this is arguably why Iris is considered the best captain and you have had the advantage of him being the captain for the beginning already. In theory all WME has to do on the captain side is rally the team and make sure the parks are out on time, not easily done but it doesn't take a genius.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    It's also unfair to tell adonis he's not an IIIcon anymore...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    out of interest why was he told he was an IIIcon if it has to be discussed first?
  • Titan%s's Photo
    What you guys (IIIcons) don't at all realise is that QUANTITY is almost better then QUALITY. You went from having a great one and ok one, for 2 really good ones. That in itself is unfair.

What you had were 3 AMAZING PARKS (Toon x3). Now you can have 6, yes 6, great parks (WME x3 and VooDoo x3)

So there is where it becomes unfair. It's not the quality of the parkmakers in this, it's the QUANTITY, and you just have too many great ones.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    If you hadn't guessed I wanted to jump on the whiners wagon just to say this to maggi.

It isn't TWO for THREE...

It's iris, Toon and Jellybones for WME, Adonis, and ANOTHER WME!!
  • Valp%s's Photo
    I agree with the above two posts... it's just not fair, especially for poor little Germans who fly...

Why not just let the other 5 captains vote on it?
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    As far as I'm conserned Evil WME is on the IIIcons, period; and since he's their captain he can vote on the replacement and counter offer as well.

Evil WME is in and I agree that they should get someone better than Moon as a replacement but not to the extent that Adonis is. That's BS.

Like Titan said one increadible player (Toon) and one okay player (Jelly) for to excellent players is by no means fair. Find a 'good' player to replace Jellybones and if they're not on the replacement list pm them and ask them to sign up.

ride6
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Vehemences veto the Adonis move so I think that makes 4 captains now nice try though but its not happening.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    And how much do you wanna bet Moon's in their forum going "No really guys, please! I can do it! I can make a good park, really!"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading