H2H3 / Official Waiver Action Thread

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Actually, the way WME put it, way up there, made it seem kinda fair. Because if you look at it, WME's not as good as Toon, and Adonis isn't one of the best. I dunno, it seems fair to me.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    I wouldn't say that Adonis for Moon is fair at all, but if you look at the big picture, we got super fucked over losing Iris and Toon. That's the top captain, and our first round pick. Saying we can't pick up anyone on the replacement list is like saying a sports team can't have the top free agent because the team is already too good. The only thing not fair is trying to put restrictions on who gets picked up and who doesn't.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Listen get over it captains have voted its not happening.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ah shit... I forgot about the captain's discussion part. My bad guys... I'm gonna have to talk to Iris and maybe arrange a captains chat to straighten things out. I also forgot that Adonis is Voodoo (mostly because Voodoo changes identities more quickly than those guys in the anti-ID-theft commercials).

Anyway, I take responsibility for this screw up... so we're gonna have to put a hold to it right now.

And especially if four of the captains have vetoed this, it makes a pretty strong case. So there is a possibility that this move will be rejected.

Anyway, I was a little unclear on the exact rules of waiver drops, but thanks for correcting the mistake. I might need the captains to get together with me for a chat to straighten things out and work out a compromise.

Again, my bad. :(
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    That's kinda a problem
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Okay, actually, I've come to a conclusion. In re-reading the rules and regulations, I've realized a couple of things. The following ruling affects the IIIcons AND the Flying Germans, because both have recently PM'ed me about dropping players and stuff.

In the Rules, it states:

-If a player drops out, the coach may not choose any player he wants to replace them. He must choose a player off the Replacement List, and the player must be approved by all coaches, to prevent less talented players to be replaced by superstars.

Meaning that yeah, I screwed up the handling of the waiver.

HOWEVER, those drops should not have been allowed in the first place, as evidenced by this rule:

-No coach may try and persuade any players into doing something they can't. For instance, if a player cannot go three times, the coach can not punish or replace the player. If the player can not play a certain game that the coach wants, the coach can not punish or replace the player. You should have known these things when you drafted them.

Basically, the replacement list is only for players who willingly drop on their own. They have to say that they're dropping out (as was Toon's case, I believe). A captain, however, cannot drop a player just because he's been inactive. Therefore, Evil WME was not allowed to drop Jellybones unless Jellybones posted in this forum that he was dropping. Similarly, Posix cannot drop the player he PM'ed me to drop. It's easier to make this ruling on Posix's team than WME's, because Mark didn't actually draft his team; Iris did. However, in taking on the role of captain, he basically inherited Iris's roles and responsibilities and accepted that he'd have to sort out the mess of the team.

So for now, I'm afraid I am going to have to void all transactions. That means Adonis is still a free agent and Jellybones is still on the team. Furthermore, though I haven't announced it, the move Posix was going to make is also voided.

IIIcons and Flying Germans members: I will be sending you new passwords for your forums, so please check your PMs shortly. I take responsibility for the mess that this has caused. The reason I am changing the passwords for your teams is to preserve the integrity of each forum. Because Adonis probably has the password to the IIIcons forums, even though he has been taken off the team, there's the whole secrecy deal. Also, Posix might have relayed the password to his team forum to the person he wanted to pick up. I trust everyone not to blab, but just to be safe, I'm changing the passwords, just so there are no seams.

To Adonis, I apologize for having you pulled this way and that. To the captains, I apologize for forgetting the rules on this matter. To Evil WME, I apologize for making the controversial move to retract your waiver move. I know losing Toon was a big blow, and you can use the help, but at the same time, part of H2H and any sport is the necessity to deal with stuff that happens. And though it sounds harsh, you're going to have to deal with Jellybones being less active. Besides, you still have a pretty damn good team as it stands. I mean... Phatage, WME, Janus, and Metro have all shown some great stuff lately.

Just to clarify, here is the OFFICIAL CURRENT ROSTER of the IIIcons and the Flying Germans.

IIIcons:
    1.Evil WME (Parkmaking Captain)
    2.Phatage
    3.DarkJanus
    4.Metropole
    5.Blitz-sama
    6.maggi1703
    7.Rct Flame
    8.Outlaw
    9.Red_Ant_Skittles
    10.Jellybones

Flying Germans:
    -Captain: Posix (non-participating captain)
    1.x-sector
    2.ride6
    3.X250
    4.leighx
    5.RCTFAN
    6.Mindbender5
    7.disneylandian192
    8.jon
    9.Valp
    10.rctfan1556
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    It's come to my attention that some of the members (or all of the ones in question) did quit.

If that's the case, have the captain take a screen capture of the PM or the team forum post where he made the quitting announcement and post it in the Captain's Lounge forum. Along with that, you can submit your waiver request. I trust people won't go forging qutting statements and will play fairly, of course.

For future reference, however, it'd be good for those who are quitting to also post in the main H2H forum (in the Replacements thread or something).

Thanks.
  • posix%s's Photo
    corkscrewed, how am i supposed to give you a proof that a certain member wants to quit when he's not reachable?
    please try to reach those h2h3 participants of which you were told of inactivity. if you can't reach them it's clear that they don't care for h2h3 anymore.
    i honestly don't know what to do. week2 is coming closer and closer and we need someone to help the other guy assigned for week2. all of our players are already paired up for the weeks we participate in and most have started their parks already. it's almost impossible to do changes on our schedule by now without hurting those rules that say "no player can go twice in a row" or "no pairing can be used more than once".

when the captains were chosen, i thought it was out of question that iris considered them trustworthy about kicking members.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I doubt it'd be too bad just to say that someone worked on a park when they didn't. It's been done several times before.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    All right, this time, the moves are official. They have been approved in the Captain's Lounge.

IIICONS drop Jellybones and pick up Anolis

FLYING GERMANS drop RCTFAN and pick up Splash-O

VEHEMENCES drop Ablaze and pick up Adonis

VEHEMENCES drop Panoramical and pick up Phantom Raider

All captains are responsible for telling their new members their forum passwords. Panoramical wil be blacklisted (not that it matters since he's gone anyway), as will Jellybones and RCTFAN. Ablaze I'll have to consider because he's put up some production in the past, so it's not like he is completely unproductive.

Also, can anyone tell me if you need a password to get into the Captain's Lounge? I'm pretty sure I set it so that you need one (that way only the captains can go in) but I found a non-captain inside there today, so I'm not sure if I screwed up or not.
  • Blitz%s's Photo

Besides, you still have a pretty damn good team as it stands.  I mean... Phatage, WME, Janus, and Metro have all shown some great stuff lately.

j,k*j Uk,,nb YPJ,8O,67 7889,7,5, 44ID2JHATE!!!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I said "shown stuff lately," Chris. Unless you plan on showing me something cool at Disneyland this Friday... :p :D
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    heeeey

you jerk! What of that "you know what"?

Yes, THAT thing which I express forbid mention of?

It doesn't mean I didn't make it :twitch:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Chapel has all the luck... doesn't he? (sarcasm)

Anyway the VEHEMENCES drop DJFanatic and pick up SkaMan
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    One amendment to the above move and one new move.

Apparently, Ska-Man only signed up as a non-participating captain. Therefore, the Vehemences can't really use him.

VEHEMENCES: drop DJFanatic; pick up Dragonfly (it was DJ Fanatic for Ska-Man, but Ska-Man isn't participating)

Also,

SEAL CLUBBERS: drop Hopeless Host; pick up Muuuh

Captains, you're responsible for getting the password to your new members. If you'd like a password changed, PM me with a new one and I'll change the password and PM the team members.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

VEHEMENCES: drop DJFanatic; pick up Dragonfly (it was DJ Fanatic for Ska-Man, but Ska-Man isn't participating)

Oooooookay...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Yeah, that was a motherfucking steal.

nice one, chapel. :D
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Oooooookay...

If it was about the Ska-Man incident, he signed up as a non-participating captain.

If it's about getting Dragonfly... *shrugs*
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The replacement bug has finally hit the Hurricanes, as they are forced to replace a member.

The HURRICANES drop Aeroglobe and pick up Six Frags. Altho I'm told SF will only be used once. Or whatever.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The IIIcons drop RCT Flame and pick up CedarPoint6

EvilWME, you're responsible for getting your team password to him.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading