H2H3 / H2h3- Week 2 reveiw

• Ride6%s's Photo
    ride6's h2h3 week two review:
    Disclaimer: Realize this is from a distored perspective. If you don't like my bias or it gets on your nerves then don't read any of this article.

Week two of third h2h season has been filled with controversy, suprises and overall intensity. For the fisrt time in h2h history we've seens the vote number climb beyond 100 and still end up tieing when the call was made, we've seen two relitive no-names in Leighx and X250 defeat the (according to popular beleif) unbeatible Phatage and we've seen a disqualification that drops the team with previous h2h's player of the year to a 0 and 2 record, wrong or right.

+Week 2, Match One- Hurricanes Vs. MoLLsters-
    Here we had two complete opposites, a simple, neoclassical rct2 park and a complex, technical LL park go face to face. Normally I would expect the simpler park to loose, however in this case Sierra Glen's supearior coaster design and subtly beautiful atmosphere kept the simple park competitive even in the face of the complex thought and detail of Symphony of Pollution. The vote count climbed into the outer solar system the two remained tied, both with many supporters. Finally the numbers peaked over 50 for each and still neither had gained a decisive lead. In end a tie was declaired, the first in h2h history. Thank god for if either had be called a winner it would've sparked a civil war between the techno LL lovers and the classical rct2 people with people torn between them (such as myself) in the middle.

+Week 2, Match Two- Flying Germans Vs. IIIcons-
    The match that generated two futuristic rct2 parks. One a massive, complex hotel structure that was still "under construction" and the other a completed park with complex archetecture, flowing colors and a full assortment of rides, coasters, water or otherwise. Without names to bias on Leighx and X250 won a match where many people expected to see X-sectors name and Phatage lost a match where I was expecting Blitz-Sama's (the treeing looked Blitzy). The match leaves the IIIcons sitting in a 0-2 hole and the Germans bouncing back from a lose in week one.

+Week 2, Match Three- Vehmences Vs. Seal Clubbers-
    A match between a poorly made and uninteresting rct2 park and a classy LL park. Sadly yyo made a mistake that caused the park to be DQed. This sent waves of controversy through NE as people protested the rule and it's consequences. This wouldn've caused such a protest had the looser been the weaker park, however this was the opposite case. A future modification of the rules was thought possible, however this would be horribly unfair to the Vehmences considering that they've felt the full sting of the rule and someone else would get off after loosing a few votes. As it is it leaves one of my favorite bands in h2h3 in a 0-2 hole and another leading everyone with 2-0 record.

Standings:
    =North Division:
    IIIcons: 0-2
    Seal Clubbers: 2-0
    Flying Germans: 1-1
    =South Division:
    Hurricanes: 1-0-1
    MoLLsters: 1-0-1
    Vehemences: 0-2

That is all. Enjoy. :)

ride6
  • Nic%s's Photo
    The use of "classical" in describing RCT2 is bullshit.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    My team and the MoLLsters are 1-0-1 the tie goes at the end.

Good write up. This past week will likey goes down as one of the crazyest ever...
  • John%s's Photo
    If you're going to write an article, spell check it at the very least.
    The errors were more prominent than the subject matter.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

The use of "classical" in describing RCT2 is bullshit.

You've been my friend for a long time Nic, but I disagree. Stop judging the game, and take a look at the map itself.
  • JKay%s's Photo

Hurricanes: 1-1-0
    MoLLsters: 1-1-0

Not trying to add insult to error ride6, but this should be:

Hurricanes: 1-0-1
    MoLLesters: 1-0-1

*edit....sorry, didnt realize Kumba pointed that out.

Nice write-up tho
  • Nic%s's Photo

You've been my friend for a long time Nic, but I disagree. Stop judging the game, and take a look at the map itself.

Classical is a term form classical parks from RCT, not RCT2.

Use the term post-classical.

hi
  • cg?%s's Photo

Use the term post-classical.

Post-classical would refer to moving beyond classicism, not embracing it. The proper term would in fact be "neo-classical", or "neoclassical", depending on preference.
  • Valp%s's Photo
    ^ Knowing ride6, it would probably "neoclasycle."

;)

It's nice to read these... even if this one was a little short.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    okay, I didn't realize on the tie thing, I'll fix that. As for the spelling errors it has to do with the fact that my computer is so fucked up that microsoft word crashed when I tried to write it there to check my errors. As a result a typed it in the forums which means I had no spell check.

It's readible, so quite your moaning or do your own write ups.

ride6
  • John%s's Photo
    I'm not one to judge the "readibility" of an article, but you have eyes and a brain, no? ;)
    I might take a stab at writing review just for the hell of it. :p
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^I wouldn't mind taking a week or two off myself so if you're willing to take over for a week please do. The first one I did I was all inspired to do. This time I had to rush to get it out and as a result of word crapping out on me it was made even worse.

My apologies.

ride6
  • Nic%s's Photo

Post-classical would refer to moving beyond classicism, not embracing it.

And theres my point.
  • Anolis%s's Photo

we've seen two relitive no-names in Leighx and X250 defeat the (according to popular beleif) unbeatible Phatage

I think there was another IIICon who helped Phatage by filling the space around the hotel ???
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Anolis - i'll apologise on ride6's behalf. I think that that map would have been an all-round success had it had better rides and been more complete, but well done on what you and Phatage did accomplish.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading