H2H3 / WEEK 5: Seal Clubbers vs Flying Germans

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park.

1. Seal Clubbers: Rapper's Delite 46 votes [57.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 57.50%
  2. Flying Germans: Star Wars Death Star Assault 34 votes [42.50%]
    Percentage of vote: 42.50%
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    Ok Jkay, the Seal Clubbers did a good job at capturing the flashyness indeed. But that's the main aspects i disliked about the park, or any park in general. On the other hand, the execution was better in Rapper's Delite. There was more to see, and the coaster was better. Although it's obvious that the coaster in Star Wars wasn't built for its layout.
    The explosions weren't really a problem for me, i just hold backspace all the time so no pop up would open...
    Star Wars, just did more to me. Sorry, but that's what my oppinion is.
    I still think Rappers Delite was a very good park and the Seal Clubbers did a very good job on the park. but of course i'm a bit pre-judged if i open a park from the team i'm on...So maybe I would have have had a slightly different oppinion about both parks if i wasn't on The Flying Germans team.

Splash
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Easy vote, better concept: Flying Germans...better execution: Seal Clubbers.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The score of this match at the time it was called is:
    Seal Clubbers 38
    Flying Germans 25

The Seal Clubbers improve to 3-1-0
    The Flying Germans drop to 1-3-0

The Seal Clubbers' Rapper's Delite was made by... JKay (duh) and Raven SDI (!!!).

The Flying Germans' Star Wars Death Star Assault was made by ride6 and jon.

To me, it came down to execution, which made the choice rather easy for me. Rapper's Delite was simply marvelous, with tons of detail. The coaster was a letdown, but that was it. The rest was very strong. Star Wars was a great concept, and I really applaud construction of those space ships (that's hard work!), but it fell well short. It crossed the bounds of a good gimmick and became just a gimmick period. Gimmicks are only good when there's substance behind them, but this was really not well thought out aside from the explosions and space ships. The explosions, thanks to me (:lol: ) have gotten old, and the whole idea just didn't really work too well. It was too sparse, too fast, and too hard to keep up with. There was very little meaning, which people can tell. You always make the tricks subserviant to the story, not the other way around, and I that's why I felt that Rapper's Delite would win easily.

When it all comes down to it, however, it definitely takes a lot of skill and dedication to make both parks. In this case, however, one simply suffered from a little bit of superficiality.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^ ug... I built the ships, did the theming, and came up with the theme with some help from Mindbender...

*sigh* If only I'd had another week with the park...

ride6
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    So you're saying it should be counted as a solo?
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Doesn't sound like he did everything...
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    ^actually.. it does.
  • jon%s's Photo
    He didn't do everything. I did the coasters and was going to work on the ships but due to other things going on in my life, I only managed to finish the coasters.
    So, it was a joint effort, but ride6 built more than me.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

I did the basic layout, then eventually the entire ride of "Drive-By Training" and some of it's theming.
    First time I ever attempted "hacking".

I guess it worked out well in the end huh...
    YAY!!!

:)

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Well done Seal Clubbers, we overcame some problems, and it worked out well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading