H2H3 / WEEK 7: IIIcons vs Vehemences

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Choose the better park.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo

And of course, tracid put in some nice stuff too, but we all know he'll be overlooked.  :lol:

pssh, everyone praises my shit.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    You'll all be sorry.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well even if the Vehes win out they need us to beat the MoLLesters, and if I just happen to forget to send a park in next week and they win via forfit then the MoLLesters are in and the Vehes are out. So would I do such I thing to make sure we face an LL park and stay away from the chance of faceing Ed? A very good question indeed... [/stunning turn of events] :w00t:
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    cruel but effective...
    but you are overlooking something here... and I won't tell you what it is.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

And now, what you've been waiting for...
    The IIIcons' Ghost Cell Crisis was made by Blitz-Sama and Dark Janus.

Holy Shit BOTH!?

DJ and Blitz were the two figured could be involved but I never would've thought it would be both of them.

It's sad that Ed lost but I really do believe it's the fault of those who based their votes on the overviews and/or those who don't have LL but chose to vote anyway.

Now I need to wake Posix so we can get the troops in order to beat the IIIcons.

ride6
  • iris%s's Photo

Well even if the Vehes win out they need us to beat the MoLLesters, and if I just happen to forget to send a park in next week and they win via forfit then the MoLLesters are in and the Vehes are out. So would I do such I thing to make sure we face an LL park and stay away from the chance of faceing Ed? A very good question indeed... [/stunning turn of events]  :w00t:

Because an angered, motivated natelox isn't just as good?
    *shrug*
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    And so it is.

And Kumba, if you forfeit Week 8 on purpose, well there's no rule against it and it's certainly your choice. I just hope someone kicks your ass royally in Week 9 to make up for it. Or were you planning on forfeiting that too to rest your top guys?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well im not dieing to forfit, my team will need to talk it over. Untill then the Vehes should feel free to try and brib me with unreleased parks and stuff ;)

Oh btw on another subject....

Without a doubt, the North Division has been this year's "AFC."

Thx for the jinx Cork. Since you posted that they beat us 3 out of 3 times :rolleyes:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Just for the record, Kumba, we're not forfeiting next week. We're beating them the old fashion way. Unless you want the MoLLesters to basically sweep us this season.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    notes on the park: a lot of fudging because we did it at the last minute. The "coaster" is shot out of a weapon (see the barrel?). The name of the coaster has 2 meanings... one as the name of the weapon that the people in my stories use to absorb Lanus related material in a given area, and for what it did to the peaceful islands (aka, a pandemonius event befell the peaceful islands). The weapon is actually loaded with a person who uses lanus derived skills to navigate it, which is why the weapon has a landing point... where the field is lifted from the person navigating the shot. The story is that he talks to the inhabitants, confirms the presence of Lanus, and then returns afterward for a specific plot point having to do with the meeting the prodigy.

The islands fall after being hit by the weapon, and this particular scene describes the introduction of "The Prodigy of Ghun-Sei", as this was his homeland, before the chain of events that led him to the academy would occur. The islands are held aloft by the constructed Lanus powered pylons that I never got to build (they are tall, and extend above and below each island). The coaster was meant to "loop" around these structures, which is actually why the coaster has a few of these enclosed sections spaced like they are. The top island had one mega pylon, and half-way supported the first island by chain (which i didn't get to build), and the far island and second island each had 2 regular pylons for support.

The islands were meant to seperate clans, the lowerst floating would be the poorest, the highest would be the wealthiest. 4 Clans: Disei'kai(top), Rouk-na(far) and it's rival Furei'sen(2nd), and Ghun-sei (first island/low class). I actually meant to color the coaster in accordance with when it fired and stopped (was debating whether this would even look good), but I forgot about it at the last minute (now that i think of it, i could have merged 2 different coasters and simply made one a crooked house track... darn).

The architecture I had in mind was strangely close to what janus did on island 2 with the glass window, so i ran with that to get it finished, but it still turned out much different. I imagined different styles of architecture to differentiate the clans, but we ended up not having the time to create new styles for everyone island and just sort of smattered all of them with SOMETHING as quick as we could (haha, the grey thing that covers the ride entrance and exit was done at the last second before I saved). The shrubbing was the same, it was a mad rush to make it NOT brown, and we didn't even finish that (note DJ's quote in my sig :p). Also, those "white floaty supports" were not meant to be supports, but part of the buildings and such that come with maintaining the power and water system as well as the ship docking (something i didn't have time to implement, so the "weapon" just sits partly on top of the water facility, and the rest of the weapon is not connected because of that).

The way the waterways work: The lanus can function as many things... the islands use it for transport, energy, purifying, and some personal life enhancements to physical and mental stature. The islands are setup like a large fountain. The water falls from a transport point onto the island, across and whatnot, falling down onto the bottom grid where it is purified and teleported back up. A luxurious use of power, but they WERE peaceful islands. Anyway, the itty bitty island of the 2nd island transports the 2nd islands water to the other itty bitty island, where it is dumped on the grid (note: the grid would be attached to the far island by chain, but ... that's right, didn't have time to build it).

Each island was supposed to have a transport facility (teleportation), along with living quaters and such. The culture of the top 3 islands is very humble and proper, and most of their lives are spent perfecting some skill or talent. The bottom has a much more swarm culture. The prodigy is a beacon for the people of that island (also, only the bottom island people have to work, as someone needs to run the water and transport and such... the top people just hone their own lifes work, somewhat dettached from the reality of the island below).

That's most of what I wanted to say on that. As for the coaster... look at phatages and wme's posts... and realize that slobs second post is being sarcastic. The speed was very deliberate. Create suspense, then payoff. The coasters average speed on each island is higher on each successive island. The wide unbanked turns are deliberately slow to create suspense for the 90 degree drops. This was basically an experiment to create an "ethereal coaster" as it were :D If I had given it more time, I might have tweaked the layout a bit, since I feel that the top of the steep twist before the loop was a bit slower than I liked. Funny thing about the coaster, i originally constructed it as a floorless, but then had to scrap it because of a glitch. I rebuilt it to exactly what it was piece by piece with standard steel twister (though it wasn' t the final edit). Haha, fun times.

Xenon drive(the merry go round) was something i was going to cover. It's purpose is to maintain control over the lanus from it's location on the ground, and disperse its influence over the islands (notice how everything important is on the lower island? funny how that works). It's named after the xenon, the element, as in the Universe involving the lanus, ghost cells(which are the cells of the lanus that exist in the rift between dimension and take up zero space when hybernating, etc etc read my other readme from lanus junction) are most stable when transported in an area where xenon is in abundance. The weapon also uses xenon to link from one concentration of lanus influence to the next, which is why the map is called "Ghost Cell Crisis". Go figure.

ED: I loved the screens that wme sent me. It's too bad I can't view the map, but from what I saw, you definitely deserve something, that map was wicked good(better than mine). My hats off to you ;)X

ps - when are we going to flesh out that story we were chatting about coming back from six flags, and possibly do something with it? I'd LOVE to work with you on a film! :scarface:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    These last two parks I made I didn't even want to take any screens of them because it doesn't really express what I was going for. You really do have to see it in the game. It's funny that people say it looks like RCT2 because I really rushed to finish it on time. It would have been a lot more detailed if I'd had more time and it would have looked a lot more like RCT2. There's a definite goal in my head of what I want to achieve and I'm getting closer with each park but I haven't gotten there yet. It's hard to get that level of detail though when every tiny thing requires at least a half dozen hacks. Want a couple boats on the beach? You've got to start special build mode, build ride, change trains and ride mode, sink scenery, end build mode. And that gives you just two tiles. Repeat that for practically every tile of a 70x70 map (plus the vertical element) and you can see that no matter how much time I put into this (and I put in a TON) it was still going to be rushed. The way I build details is all about spatial interactions. You have to see it all at once and from different angles to see how it relates together because you can't take a screen of that. And you have to imagine yourself inside of it to see why a lot of those details are even there. I'm trying to use the vertical dimension more and more as well, though obviously I can't claim to use it as well as you just have.

It occurs to me that there's a definite difference here in what constitutes a 'creative idea'. By that I mean, Ghost Cell Crisis represents 'the concept' which is basically one refreshingly original idea filling a map. And as far as concepts go, this is one of the best ever. My own kind of theme creativity is less about concept and more like an 'idea orgy'. I come up with a theme, even a very familiar one, and then I shove as many details into that one theme as I can think of. Coaster sculptures, varied architecture styles, significant landmarks, theme driven ride ideas. So nothing in there maybe is as impressive overall as the one idea in the concept park, but it has a kind of additive effect. Even for people who have both LL and RCT2, it's definately a matter of personal preference.

Anyway, it's kindof a bittersweet defeat for me because I love your park so much, not to mention it's nice to see you actually finish something. And it reminds me of the great things we were planning for RCT2 before the redraft. I've loved the potential of RCT2 for some time now, but the universe seems to be conspiring to keep me in LL. If anything, I hope this matchup stands as a lasting reminder of the infinite potential of both games. I guess I'm one step closer to retirement -- won't be long now folks.

Oh yeah, and we should definately talk about the script. It's really just H2H3 which I've got to get done first right now (cause I can't split my mind in that many directions at once) -- but that won't be too much longer. And I believe I'll be seeing you next weekend, so we'll have time to chat then. I did run into kind of a snag though. I got a copy of Xenogears on ebay (yay!) and I'll be damned if their setup isn't very similar to mine. I was pissed. I really like this idea, and it turns out somebody else has already done it! They seem to be taking it in a much different direction though so I think we're fine.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo

Just for the record, Kumba, we're not forfeiting next week.  We're beating them the old fashion way.  Unless you want the MoLLesters to basically sweep us this season.

Haha! I'll remember that come next week. You wait.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Such a shame that Cajamarca lost but it'd be hard pushed to lose to a better park.

Ed - thanks for still working on LL

tracid - well done on helping out!
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey well done blitz and DJ.

I could tell from the start that Ghost cell was a blitz piece but had no idea on the partner.

Cocky Corky very cocky :) who says the MoLLestors wont white wash you?
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Anyways, I don't think I've commented on anything here too recently, but, I wanted to comment on this because it was such a close match-up.

I voted for Ghost Shell Crisis. It is true that I didn't look at both parks before voting, but, I didn't have to. I didn't have to because I find the very idea of someone trying to make LL look like RCT2 to be worthy of me voting against them. Please, just let LL be LL, and RCT2 be RCT2! However, I'm glad I finally voted for parkmakers I typically love, even if for the "wrong reasons", as I've found myself voting against them in most rounds, a fact which upsets me greatly.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Ah, intricate civilization based collabos, sometimes (not necessarily now) I wish there weren't a redraft, how bout you Ed? ;) Sort of makes me miss mala too.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

It is true that I didn't look at both parks before voting, but, I didn't have to. I didn't have to because I find the very idea of someone trying to make LL look like RCT2 to be worthy of me voting against them. Please, just let LL be LL, and RCT2 be RCT2! However, I'm glad I finally voted for parkmakers I typically love, even if for the "wrong reasons", as I've found myself voting against them in most rounds, a fact which upsets me greatly.

cg, you are a very silly person.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Why'd you feel so underrated?

Cos it's so underappreciated by everyone...Cajamarce should serve as a lesson!
  • Turtle%s's Photo

Anyways, I don't think I've commented on anything here too recently, but, I wanted to comment on this because it was such a close match-up.

I voted for Ghost Shell Crisis. It is true that I didn't look at both parks before voting, but, I didn't have to. I didn't have to because I find the very idea of someone trying to make LL look like RCT2 to be worthy of me voting against them. Please, just let LL be LL, and RCT2 be RCT2! However, I'm glad I finally voted for parkmakers I typically love, even if for the "wrong reasons", as I've found myself voting against them in most rounds, a fact which upsets me greatly.

That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. How can you say that with any semblance of self-belief?
  • Panic%s's Photo

but if the maximum time available only allows you to stretch it 8 inches, then is it more impressive that you stretched the 7 inch maximum stretchable 6.8 inches, or is it more impressive that you stretched the other rubber band 8.5 inches being the first to ever stretch a rubber band more than 8 inches?

oh snap.

no pun intended.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading