News / H2H Week 9

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I'm baaaaaack!!! Did ya miss me? Cuz if you didn't, you're banned. :p

Anyway, I had a great time in sunny Seattle (seriously... it rained only one day and rest was awesome), and I took like 1400 pics. Anyway, it's a beautiful city, and I do recommend visiting it sometime. Lotsa interesting stuff and great views. Now, onto H2H!

So this is basically a useless week. We start off with the Flying Germans vs the Seal Clubbers. Whether or not the Germans win or lose, next week's showdown with the IIIcons WILL determine who makes the final playoff spot in H2H. Should the Germans win out, they'll have a better record. Should they lose this week but win next week, they'll squeak in with a better divisional record. Should they lose out, IIIcons have a better record. And should they lose this week but win next week, they'll squeak in again... with a better divisional record. Anyway, we have La Puerta de Atlantia (name changed due to Iris being pissed at someone [possibly inadvertantly] stealing an SLR section name) vs Go Kart Madness--two finished but rather lackluster parks. Well, they're saving the big guns for the playoffs I'm sure.

And with the sudden DQ of the above Seal Clubber work, we have our second matchup: Hurricanes vs Vehemences. Team Chapel could have chosen to exact revenge for last week, but instead, they just submitted a park. In any case, it matches the Canes' incompleteness. It might be the late season wear and tear, or just resting, or just not caring, but neither team was able to finish. Still, what's there is pretty neat, so go vote or something. I have a lot of catching up to do, having gotten back from vacation.Seal Clubbers vs Flying Germans
    Hurricanes vs Vehemences.
    WEEK 10 parks are due SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2005
    Send them to nedesigns@gmail.com and be sure to include "H2H Submission" in the title, as well as the park name and who made it in the body.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

So this is basically a useless week.

Way to build up the excitement oh "Master of Ceremonies". Can't wait to go vote now. :lol:
  • Valp%s's Photo
    For the final playoff spot, it all comes down to the IIICons and the Flying Germans in the next week. If the FGs win, they're in. If the IIICons win, there's some tiebreaking that'll be goin' on...

It would end up relying on the 'total-votes-throughout-the-season' rule. So far (without the IIICons' week 8 votes), the totals are:
    IIICons- 173
    FGs------ 214

Assuming there will be another "total-round" votes this week, we could include the IIICons' 30 votes and whatever the FGs get this week.

So, as it stands now, the IIICons will have to win by 41 votes to tie, or 42 to win the spot outright.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Nah, it doesn't get that complicated. First tiebreaker is divisionla record. If they were tied, Germans would win via their better divisional record.
  • Valp%s's Photo
    ...but, if the IIICons win, wouldn't their record be 3-4 (2-2), the same as the Germans?

Maybe I'm being stupid. :)
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Both teams are 3-3 right now. Division record means nothing, because the winner will be 4-3 and the loser 3-4...
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Oh, well, of course.

How stupid I feel! :lol:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    In any case that total votes stat seems awfully silly considering the IIICons won one round by forfeit. They shouldn't be penalized for that. Win percentage makes more sense.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I agree entirely, Ed.
    It should be based on how much better the team's parks have been than their opponent's parks, which would be represented by voting percentage, rather than the how many votes thing which incorporates so many factors into it such as, like Ed said, the forfeit. Even though they still have a number for that week (30), that's against two parks rather than one.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah and if it's a blowout, the voting ends early so you'll actually get more votes if it were a closer match (like 50 to 48 instead of 27 to 5). That shouldn't be a tiebreaker criteria.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    We'll incorporate that into next season then. It doesn't matter this season anyway. Plus, I never figured it'd ever come to total season votes. And it didn't. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading