RCT Discussion / how do you?

• coasterke%s's Photo
    how can you rais the land trough a coaster, but only a half, like Hermod & The Myth of Balder in Troy's Ancient Adventure?
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    It actualy has little to do with the land. Look at the station, its a river rapids ride. When merged into any other track the track will be one level lower than the vehicles run because of the way the rapids ride is programed. This allows you to raise the land so that it covers the track, but the vehicle will run as if above the land.
  • coasterke%s's Photo

It actualy has little to do with the land. Look at the station, its a river rapids ride. When merged into any other track the track will be one level lower than the vehicles run because of the way the rapids ride is programed. This allows you to raise the land so that it covers the track, but the vehicle will run as if above the land.

yes I know, but then i still can't rais the land by a half trougt teh mouse coaster(or another).
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well what PyroPengun told you is absolutely correct. The only other thing you have to do is start special build mode and build the track through the ground (ie raise every square of land where coaster track will go one level above the height you want the cars to run at). After the track is done or at least a portion of the track is done, select build through and lower all the land one level. That ought to do the trick. Another tip along similar lines is that coasters built underground do not have supports. So, if you select special build mode then riase the land, build the track peice, and select build through you can lower the land as much as you want leaving the track suspended in mid air with no supports. That can be pretty handy. I did this A LOT in my last park and it worked brilliantly. To clarify a little, you can't raise land through a piece of coaster track even when you select build through which is probably the problem you were having. You can however build the track underground and then use build through to lower it or raise it afterwards to your hearts content. Kinda odd, but you'll get the hang of it. I can't help feeling all this is really a moot point though since none of this works in RCT2 which doesn't have a Beast trainer (yet?)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading