Related Games / This guy is good...

• Nic%s's Photo

Yes. Holy Drool made it.

Was this before or after the conspiracy?
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Holy Drool made Rustic Waters long before the conspiracy...
  • Nic%s's Photo
    You missed the after bit.

:'(
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    What was the conspiracy? I think I have an idea, but I just want to be sure. I know about the deal with Holy Drool. (EDIT: At least I thought I did). EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. I looked around and found out about it.

Anyways, that Rct3 mega structure thing is pretty cool. I like it. It's neat what they can do with the land now. Also, the Six Flags: Gotham City park in Rct3 looks very realistic and nice as well. Look for it on those forums. I'd almost consider switching over to Rct3 if it didn't run like shit.
  • RRP%s's Photo

What was the conspiracy? I think I have an idea, but I just want to be sure. I know about the deal with Holy Drool. 

dont get me started about that cunt.
    rct3 is horrible mainly because it requires such a stupid amount of specs just to get the game to run at a acceptable speed.looks wise its quite nice,well i love the foliage (and as u know i am a foliage man) and water (tht can really make the game photorealistic) but i never understood why if they were using 3d renders of coaster elements they couldn't use enough polys to make the rides look some what smooth or atleast make it cleaner cut.

If NL can do it 3/4 years ago,y cant rct do it now?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    NL doesn't render anything on the fly. Building something in 2D and seeing it in 3D is a lot different than building in 3D. And NL doesn't have to render a million pieces of scenery along with dozens of rides. I've seen some really impressive stuff in NL, but I'm not surprised that RCT3 doesn't look as good as NL. I'm surprised it looks as good as it does actually.

The main problem I have with RCT3 (aside from the architecture thing which I still don't like about RCT2 either) is that the interface is so hard to use. There's so many buttons and they're all so small and hidden in strange places. And the terrain selection menu is just ridiculous. It's hard to just start building something when the interface keeps getting in the way. Once you get something going though, it starts to get more fun. Once you get past the intial frustration.

That Gotham City park does look pretty cool. And Kevin and Meretrix have shown some really impressive RCT3 stuff around here too. It'll take time, but I think we'll see an RCT3 spotlight eventually. From everything I've seen, the add-on looks like a winner.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    If people didnt have FPS problems... I'm sure RCT3 projects would be more common around here. But yeah it is hard to get used to. But just the 3D perspective adds on so many new possibilities.

Also with the interface, I though it was annoying at first to. But now I can find things in a snap.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Holy smokes! This is why I think RCT3 has potential. It actually brings elements of RCT1 and RCT2 together with structure design to combine pieces of scenery and landscape tiles. I only wish some of the simple pet-peeves everyone has with the game could be fixed to inspire more work like this...

Posted Image
    This reminded me of Twenties Art Deco artistic interpretations...more so than feeling like it were in RCT3!
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Holy shit that's beautiful.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    The only thing missing from that screen is Batman.
  • Glory%s's Photo
    Seriously, this is a masterpiece..

|)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading