H2H3 / There's trouble a brewing...

• iris%s's Photo
    Unfortunately...it seems like we've caught someone with their hand in the cookie jar. After my 'secret' patrolling of the team forums, I found what I was after. A member openly posting about 'calling in some votes' to help their team win. Whether or not it's already been done to help their team this round is uncertain, and there's no way of knowing for sure, but I am doing my best to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, so an example must be set.

This member has now been Blacklisted...meaning they are not allowed to participate in any member-voted types of events. They've proven they can't handle the responsibility of being able to vote for themselves, so it must be taken away to ensure that no more foul play goes on. Basically, the events they are not allowed to enter will be future QFTB-X's, Death Matches, RCT Survivors (heh remember those?), and of course (and most importantly), H2H. They still will be able to enter anything that is judged by either me, or a panel....such as Spotlight/Runner-Ups, Parkmaker Spots, Pro Tours, or other contest entries.

I'm going to have a discussion with a few members of the opposite team to see if they truly feel that further action needs to be taken (only those I know for sure I can trust....so basically only one member sprouts to mind). If they do feel like its affected this match-up too much, then we may have a re-voting. Also...understand that this is the lightest the punishment for an action like this will be. Since it's the first one of the season, I will not forfeit their park for the week. In future references, if this sort of thing were to occur again...the park would be forfeited and the individual will be unable to partcipate in ANY future NE events. If that's worth stealing a votes from your friends for...then you really need to get your priorities in order...it's just a game, and a game that is meant to be judged fairly by the community. Winning should not be the most important thing in the whole world to you...if the other park is more deserving, it should win. Simple as that. Hopefully we won't have more instances like this (I know they occur a lot...I can only hope for your sakes that I don't catch you).
  • jon%s's Photo
    It's good to hear, that you are not forfeiting the park in question, but I'm sure that the person involved, was not seriously thinking of doing such a thing.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Im all for a re-vote, like with last weeks parks it does not add up. I think we got more people posting saying that they liked Gotheberg more and voted for it, tho not everyone posts... If the member in question did manage to really get votes by bugging people on AIM that should not count, but thats not EZ to prove, maybe just re-move a few votes? I just want to see this decided fairly.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Actually, at this point, most people on page 1 liked ours, most people on page 2 liked theirs, and page 3 is sorta split but favoring them. Vote correspond pretty evenly IMO.

Altho it might explain the comeback... I dunno. If you know how many votes were recruited and it ends up being more than the final margin of victory, then revote. If not, it's hard to say, because this SHOULD be a close vote, so if they do win by one, it might have been that way regardless of recruiting.

???
  • Leighx%s's Photo

Im all for a re-vote

Your only saying that cos your losing by 2 votes, ;)
  • iris%s's Photo

Your only saying that cos your losing by 2 votes, ;)

:lol: Wasn't really too hard to see through that post Kumba
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    1 vote, and im saying that coz im our captain and will bitch about anything to get my way...our way I mean.... :devil:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'm curious, do this mean that the said person is not allowed to partisipate in the remainder of this h2h season or that they are not allowed to be involved with h2h again after the conclusion of h2h3?

ride6
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im curious if its the current matchup being rigged, because if it is why is it still going?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    No proof that it actually WAS rigged, just that someone was planning on it.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Oh, i know who it was now and he wouldnt do it..

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading