RCT Discussion / Just Started

• petrov%s's Photo
    As a massive rollercoaster tycoon fan have completed all scenerios of the rct series, however designing an interesting park is completely different to putting in a few coasters to complete objectives.

my first question is where do you start when building you own themed park? Do you build coasters first, theming them later or do you construct the scenery first and incorporate the coaster into it?

question number two: How do you develop your own style of park? there's so many parkmakers here that you'd expect parks to resemble others, yet amazingly each parkmaker makes their park individualistic. truely amazing.

final question is: how do you quote what someone has said in a forum?

id be truely grateful is anyone could point me in the right direction of becoming a parkmaker

cheers :bandit:
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Quote button is on the top right of each post. Or just use the quote tags: [ quote ][/ quote ] (minus spaces)
  • jon%s's Photo
    First off, welcome to NE.

The first two questions that you asked, cannot really be answered by anyone but yourself. Everyone has their own way of building and you will eventually find your own. No one can really dictate how a great park is built, it just kinda happens. But, I would suggest planning what you want to build first and planning it thouroughly. Also, build your coasters before the themeing. And theme around the coaster not the other way round. It's much easier.

And hobbes answered the quote question.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I think the answer is research...although i'm sure purists would tell you otherwise.
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    just build shit and see if you like it
  • posix%s's Photo
    petrov, welcome to ne. jon's sums it up well.

many people build their main rides first and theme them before they go on with the rest of an area. try it out.
    there's only one rule in parkmaking: have fun.
  • petrov%s's Photo
    Cheers for the advice, just one more question, if i want to post an image of my park onto say the advertising district how would i do it?

obviously i would take a screenshot using rct but then what?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Copy it into a graphics program and save it as a jpg/gif/png, then enclose it in:

[img]url here[/img]

tags. You can host it by using the 'upload image' thing below the typing box when you reply.
  • petrov%s's Photo
    http://0060os.jpg

How come its not showing? What am i doing wrong?? :@
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yup if you surround that url with img tags, it'll appear on the page:

[*IMG]http://img141.echo.c...mage=0060os.jpg[*/IMG]

take out the *s and you get

http://img141.echo.c...mage=0060os.jpg

edit - ok so maybe imageshack don't allow remote linking...but it'd work with rctd
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Despite what the original url stated, you weren't linking to a picture, but to a website and websites aren't pictures. If that makes any sense.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    weeee! looks fun :D

How nostalgic!
  • petrov%s's Photo
    i really dont know how, anyone got a step by step guide

ive got the jpg in 'my pictures' now what do i do next?? Do i need a host?

Edit- i've finally mastered it!!!

Posted Image

Edited by petrov, 20 May 2005 - 01:04 PM.

• petrov%s's Photo
    Who's the clever russian now!!!

Anyone know metal, i think this is his house...

Posted Image
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    :lol: I like this guy.

The coaster looks pretty fun, especially because it's so very compact. Very different. I suppose it could probably use some kind of station building though (if one could even fit in there). I expect you may need to work on your architecture building skills in Rct, since that's something they don't teach you in the scenarios. But the ride looks nice, and you show potential.
  • petrov%s's Photo
    Cheers for the advice, ive gotta get used to incorporating rides with scenery and im pretty sure that will take time.
  • posix%s's Photo
    you know metal? who are you?
  • petrov%s's Photo
    i dont personally know the guy, just seen some images of him killing things. he's a real life hillbilly!!!

:lol:
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    That coaster is really fucking cool, actually. I wish I could still build like that. Don't change your style at all, man. We need mroe of this.
  • Jo24%s's Photo

As a massive rollercoaster tycoon fan have completed all scenerios of the rct series, however designing an interesting park is completely different to putting in a few coasters to complete objectives.

my first question is where do you start when building you own themed park? Do you build coasters first, theming them later or do you construct the scenery first and incorporate the coaster into it?

question number two: How do you develop your own style of park? there's so many parkmakers here that you'd expect parks to resemble others, yet amazingly each parkmaker makes their park individualistic.  truely amazing.

final question is: how do you quote what someone has said in a forum?

id be truely grateful is anyone could point me in the right direction of becoming a parkmaker

cheers  :bandit:

Welcome to NE! The Quote button is atop the top of each box. Click it on whoever you want to quote. Also, when posting , or advertising your park, show screens. Start small, also, like 80x80.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading