RCT Discussion / Error trapper on merged river ride...

• Arklon%s's Photo
    Well, after a while on my merged water ride with a chain lift from a coaster, after it broke down once, all trains on lifts except for train 1 stopped moving on them, and later I found out why: RCT had set the number of trains to 1 again. So then I changed the number of trains again with the trainer, and now when I click on the ride, (I mean the regular track, not the merged lift hill) it gives me an error trapper. :@ This could make very bad results with my mouse going bezerk every now and then (randomly moving everywhere and clicking on things), and if I ever need to change the colors or something like that on the ride...
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Ive have noticed that...

Error Trappers often come when you switch the trains on a ride

this has happenned to me on my project so now i must not do to giga til the very end

ARG
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Did you close the ride and double click the red button (on the traffic lights thing) so the trains where not on the track if so this should still work

if you didn't then that might be your problem.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    rct1 or 2?
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    If you read the title CAREFULLY, I said "merged". There obviously is no trainer to merge tracks in RCT2, so I'm talking about RCT1. Is that good enough for you?

x-sector: Well, it's a bit too late to do that now, since the game is already saved with the error trapper river ride... unless the Beast can double-close a ride (I know it can just close a ride, but not get rid of the trains as well)
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    Ha ha. Silly RRP!

Hey, I just reached 20 posts! Cool!

Just another useless :spam: er is all I am.
  • x-sector%s's Photo

If you read the title CAREFULLY, I said "merged". There obviously is no trainer to merge tracks in RCT2, so I'm talking about RCT1. Is that good enough for you?

x-sector: Well, it's a bit too late to do that now, since the game is already saved with the error trapper river ride... unless the Beast can double-close a ride (I know it can just close a ride, but not get rid of the trains as well)

Well you have a big problem and I can see no way out of this. there might be a way but I can't see one at this very moment someone else might no tho.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I get a lot of errors trying to do anything to river rides. I can merge but then I get an error when I try to change to mode or the trains. You say that the file is saved with the problematic river ride. Does that mean you get an error as soon as you open the file or only when you click on the river ride? If it's only when you click on the river ride, you may be able to fix it by changing everything back to the default ride mode and trains. If that doesn't work, try right clicking on the track and deleting it, replacing it as you go with a new river ride. If you still get the error when you right click and you absolutely must save the parkfile, than you can try zeroing clearances and building another coaster through the river ride. The pieces should disappear as you build through it. This is a last resort cause it's very tedious and I'm not positive it'll work, but if you've put hours or days into that saved game file it's certainly worth a try.
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    that gives me an idea... I could close all rides in the window with the list of all rides, then right-clicking on part of a track on the river ride, then changing stuff back...

edit: it worked if I deleted 1 section of track and adding it back, but changing the number of trains gives me error trappers again
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah like I said river rides seem to be problematic when it comes to editing their properties. Since merging with coaster track works, you could merge it into a rollercoaster station building and merge that back into the river ride. That worked for me. You can't add river ride boats or even water coaster boats to the coaster station without getting an error but you can add most any other trains. And river rides won't merge with water coaster track unfortunately.

Just curious, what trains were you using first? You mentioned that it was a river ride with a hacked coaster lift hill but when I tried to do this last week I couldn't change the river ride to powered launch or any other modes and therefore couldn't test the ride. What did the ride look like before it started giving error messages?
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    It was basically like a normal river ride with a launch of 2mph for the merged track.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading