H2H3 / Best Steel Coaster

• iris%s's Photo
    Posted Image

2nd Place - Peregrin by metalface (Sierra Glen)
    3rd Place - Collision Course by Coaster Ed (Cajamarca 1532)
    4th Place - Pandemonium by Blitz (Ghost Cell Crisis)
    5th Place - Halotosis by Titan (Artesian Water Works)
    6th Place - Alphavore/Omegavore by Evil WME (Outpost Prehistorica)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    well, now that makes this season feel a lot more worthwhile, doesn't it?

:D awesome stuff.

and as a postscript, i don't know which one i like more. a lot more work went into das duell, but peregrine is still one of my favorite layouts. i guess now's a good time to admit that i got a little help on naming peregrine, though. thanks corky, couldn't have done it without you. :D
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    My vote went to Peregrin, but Das Duell was great too. Good job and congrats.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    My vote went to Pendemonium, but Das Duell was awesome, i just felt the timing was a tiny bit off in places. Now i look the results, i really think the omegavore/alphavore should have placed higher, amazing duelers

Metro B)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I was torn between Alphavore/Omegavore and Peregrine, but went with Peregrine in the end. Nothing like an uber suspended coaster to brighten up my day. Good job, metalface.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Are you joking? Rebuilding Dueling Dragons, with shit timing, even after he used tons of brakes and boosters to get it right, is apparently GOOD? Idiots.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    My vote went to Collision Course because that was entirely original. After that there were many greats but CC stuck out as being by far the best imo.

ride6
  • iris%s's Photo

Are you joking? Rebuilding Dueling Dragons, with shit timing, even after he used tons of brakes and boosters to get it right, is apparently GOOD? Idiots.

Better then anything you could ever do
    *shrug*
  • posix%s's Photo
    das duel had boosters?
    peregrin was my favourite.
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]I thought wme's duelers were the best but slob's were kickarse aswell. so congrats slob, you deserve it.[/font]
  • sloB%s's Photo

i'd say that your definition of 'rebuilding' is pretty skewed, cg?. just about the only things they have in common are colors and theme (to an extent). i'm telling you, if i hadn't used that color scheme, the comparison probably wouldn't even have been made. all i'm saying is, look past just the colors and the buildings around it and realize that it's a completely different set of coasters. DD's loops are different, DD doesn't have that cobra roll-dive loop element, DD doesn't have a MCBR, etc. and either way, since when is getting inspiration from real coasters a bad thing? rrp made a pretty damn good career out of looking at real coasters and parks and recreating parts of them. i just wish people wouldn't put these coasters down just for having some minor similiarities with a pair of kickass coasters. honestly, that's a big part of my style. almost everything i make is in some way influenced by a real coaster/park.

and about the boosters, i guess you're referring to the initial launchs because those are the only set of 'boosters' on the entire ride. if anything, they only enhance the ride experience, as far as i'm concerned. how cool would it be to get launched out of the station at around 20 mph straight into a huge drop? and on that, these coasters aren't meant to be 'realistic' in the classical sense, obviously. although they could never exist in the real world, i think that in the world of gotheburg, they're definitely realsitic. if you can buy that, and really get into the atmosphere of the park, they become believable, and 'fantastically realistic.' anyway, that's my little explanation and cg?, you can make your arguement (i'm sure you will) but really, all that matters is the fact that i really like these rollercoasters. i didn't build them to fit your crazy perception of GOOD.

and if you don't think they're good enough, just go one down the list, i don't care.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Awsome rides slob, finishing 1 and 2 is really something, I had no trouble giveing Das Duell my vote.

P.S. I think Azure Arariv or whatever its called from AC should have gotten more votes ???

=:-)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I definitely think WME's duellers should have been higher.

Anywho, good job on #1 and 2, you really deserved it.
  • cg?%s's Photo

i'd say that your definition of 'rebuilding' is pretty skewed, cg?. just about the only things they have in common are colors and theme (to an extent). i'm telling you, if i hadn't used that color scheme, the comparison probably wouldn't even have been made. all i'm saying is, look past just the colors and the buildings around it and realize that it's a completely different set of coasters. DD's loops are different, DD doesn't have that cobra roll-dive loop element, DD doesn't have a MCBR, etc. and either way, since when is getting inspiration from real coasters a bad thing? rrp made a pretty damn good career out of looking at real coasters and parks and recreating parts of them. i just wish people wouldn't put these coasters down just for having some minor similiarities with a pair of kickass coasters. honestly, that's a big part of my style. almost everything i make is in some way influenced by a real coaster/park.

and about the boosters, i guess you're referring to the initial launchs because those are the only set of 'boosters' on the entire ride. if anything, they only enhance the ride experience, as far as i'm concerned. how cool would it be to get launched out of the station at around 20 mph straight into a huge drop? and on that, these coasters aren't meant to be 'realistic' in the classical sense, obviously. although they could never exist in the real world, i think that in the world of gotheburg, they're definitely realsitic. if you can buy that, and really get into the atmosphere of the park, they become believable, and 'fantastically realistic.' anyway, that's my little explanation and cg?, you can make your arguement (i'm sure you will) but really, all that matters is the fact that i really like these rollercoasters. i didn't build them to fit your crazy perception of GOOD.

and if you don't think they're good enough, just go one down the list, i don't care.

It wasn't just the color. Everything about them reminded me of Dueling Dragons, even if they were not exactly the same.

However, that wasn't my major problem. My major problem was the timing, and the quality of the coasters themselves. They weren't enjoyable, or interesting, to watch, and the timing was completely off. You can't build duelers where at every "duel" they're 2-4 cars off! It 's sloppy. As for the boosters, sorry I was mistaken. But there were very clearly brakes placed in places which have no reason for brakes, and I'm only guessing that was to improve timing and / or pacing, and, either way, that's sloppy too.

As for "realism", um, I don't care about realism...

Generally though, I felt that was probably one of the worst steel coasters entered this season. That's all.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    your taste and sense of beauty continues to amaze me. agree to disagree on that, i guess.

as for the weak pacing, i actually agree with you a little. it's weird. when i first built the coasters, they dueled perfectly, no joke. but over the course of construction, with all the hacking and theming, they lost their synchronization. i know it sounds weird, but as the park progressed, the duels got weaker and weaker. it really pissed me off to be honest, but there wasn't anything i could really do. i was too far in construction to strip them down and try again; i just had to salvage them and finish the park (i've always hated deadlines). so, when i look at them now, i'm definitely not completely satisfied with them, but i don't by any means consider them weak. it's just an unfortunate consequence of the nature of h2h. and to be totally honest, i think it's funny that you would say they they were some of the worst coasters submitted this season. just makes your tasted seem all the more skewed to me. whatever, i don't want to make a big thing about this. they're rollercoasters; just enjoy them (or not) for what they are.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well cg you seem to be out on your own if you think they suck coz up at the top of this pg is the proof that you are dead wrong.

slob's right tho, they were much better before, I think I have a copy of the "Perfect duel" version btw, if I do maybe i'll talk to slob about rleaseing that..
  • Ride6%s's Photo

these coasters aren't meant to be 'realistic' in the classical sense, obviously. although they could never exist in the real world, i think that in the world of gotheburg

Nonsense, these could be built in the real world as you called it, just look at Storm Runner or Xcellerator, both launch out of their stations, so do nearly every Lim-coaster. Really I think these could be build if say B&M and Intamin got together, assuming there's a place where the terrian existed.

Funny, I didn't think the duels were that bad.

ride6
  • cg?%s's Photo

Well cg you seem to be out on your own if you think they suck coz up at the top of this pg is the proof that you are dead wrong.

slob's right tho, they were much better before, I think I have a copy of the "Perfect duel" version btw, if I do maybe i'll talk to slob about rleaseing that..

An opinion can never be wrong.

I'd like to see the "perfect duel" version myself, though I doubt it would make me like it that much more.
  • Richie%s's Photo

I'd like to see the "perfect duel" version myself, though I doubt it would make me like it that much more.

I'd love to send you my solo for an opinion, really would.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Well, in your case I think we can make an excepsion ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading