Related Games / Installing RCT3

• Dixi%s's Photo
    Hi everyone, not been here for a long time.....!

Some time ago my (old) computer passed away :'( . I've only recently got a replacement, yesterday infact! Im quite pleased with it too. Anyway....

This morning I was trying to install RCT 3, but it kept crashing on me. I remember reading that people who used AMD processors were experiencing problems getting the game installed. My new processor is an AMD 2.5ghz, is this the reason the game will not install, and if so has anybody came up with a way round it yet?

Its nice to pop back again, just want to give a shout out to Artist (nemesis chris)..... proud to see you with a spotlight man, I thought Id never speak to you again after you left so long ago....
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]Haha, good to hear your back man.

Sorry i have no clue with rct3, im not too fond of it, maybe someone like meretrix or kevin can help out, they're the big rct3ers round here.

Hope you get back into rct2.

:)[/font]
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    RCT3? bah, you suck.

Hello anyway :)
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    hmmmm, never had this happen to me, so I'm not exactly sure what to do...
    I'll search around and see if I can find any solutions.

Also...I don't know if you're going to be playing RCT3 for fun or with a parkmaking perspective, but if you're gonna use it for NE style parkmaking, I would wait until Soaked! comes out...
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    ^Hmmm you never know. Im setting out with 'fun' intentions, but if a project ends up being something good then I will share it. But like I said im not aiming my park at the NE populace like I used to.

Anyway, I've found the remedy. Its an old trick, I copied all the files from disk to a TEMP file on my hard disk, then installed it off my hard disk. It worked a treat.

Thanks for the replies though!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading