RCT Discussion / Merging problem?

• Arklon%s's Photo
    Well, I'm merging it right, but when I get to the part where you select "Execute Build Thru" the 2nd track doesn't flash, no matter HOW fast I do that and build the track piece. Any help here?
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    You have to do it so fast that you almost double click. Also, make sure you do all the steps:

Build the rides

select #2

Delete section of track where merge will occur

Start Special Build mode

Build the piece again (from the FIRST coaster)

move the trainer so that Build Thru appears over the Build Next Track Piece button

Double click

Repeat from select #2 using 1 as 2 and vice versa.

Or if that is all to confusing.

Build rides

Move trainer so that Zero All Clearances appears over the Build Track button

Double click

repeat

much easier! :)

Well then.

That's it.
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    no, that's what I'm doing... and the 2nd way of doing it doesn't work for me since my PC is very low-spec and it takes forever for it to set the clearence to 0 where I'm trying to merge.

When I do the actual part where you merge the track, all it does is build through the track...

If there's anyone who can merge the track for me, then I could send you the park...
  • Funky Winkerbean%s's Photo
    Well sometimes nomatter how fast it won't merge.

The two tracks have to be the same.

example, water track on a water coaster is water, water track on a river ride is normal track, You can't merge the two.

You can't merge track with brakes either.

So make sure both tracks are the same
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    no, that's not what I meant, they're both normal track and stuff...

anyway, I figured out my problem, it was because the track I wanted to merge was BACKWARD... :stupid:
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    There goes a good 5 minutes of my life. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least I get the extra post ;)X

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading