General Chat / Good Ways to Stay Awake After an All-Nighter

• Rct Flame%s's Photo
    I got about 4 hours of sleep every night on weekdays during the school year if I was lucky. Sleep deprivation (is that even how you spell it?) stopped affecting me after awhile.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    sleep deprivation eh....lol...I guess you could say I know a bit about that, especially after this week.

Just to draw the picture of how this week went sleep wise:
    Sunday night: 6.5 hours of sleep
    Monday night: 4 hours of sleep
    Tuesday night: 0 hours of sleep
    Wednesday night: 3 hours of sleep
    Thursday night: 0 hours of sleep
    ----------
    Friday night: 20.5 hours of sleep

so yeah...this was a crazy week with final projects due in basically every class

I found the best way to stay awake was to stay busy with something...talking to others, working on a project (though reading is bad for staying awake)....keep your leg bouncing non-stop too. After the first all-nighter, I stayed away from caffeine because its only a jolt that'll wear you out even more when it wears off...I made sure to eat a big breakfast and just stay moving/busy all day. After the second all nighter, I was a zombie and hardly anything was keeping me awake, so I gave into getting caffeine....I recommend both Mountain Dew's Amp and Red Bull. That helped a bit....although after drinking two red bulls right after one another, I passed out for an hour. Anyway, after not sleeping so much, I basically went through the day like a zombie..

then I slept from 5:30pm to 2:00pm and it was wonderful
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Band Of Brother, *Sighs* I love that book. and the Movie(s) are just as awesome.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading