Related Games / RCT 3: Wild

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Just came across this.
    http://www.gamestop......uct_id=646220

as one of the few people who enjoy RCT 3 here i cant wait for soaked as it will add more than any pack has done before to the series. and i think Frontier are good at giving us what we want even when they are squeezed by Atari. Heres hopeing.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

as one of the few people who enjoy RCT 3 here i cant wait for soaked as it will add more than any pack has done before to the series. and i think Frontier are good at giving us what we want even when they are squeezed by Atari.  Heres hopeing.

You're not alone! I also love RCT3, despite its obvious flaws!
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I'd like RCT3 if it didn't lag so much on my comp. I like how things build and end up looking, like my RCT3 solo. But the lagging was too much for me. I still hope this EP adds new ways the guess arrive to the park (like cars) and maybe hotels, and more scenery, like 1/4 blocks n shit.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I will give RCT3 another go, I think. Maybe a design?
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I think designs are possibly the way to go for now, as they're much easier to load and have people view them.

RCT3 in general lacks what RCT1&2 have - I like the 2D graphics better than the 3D.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LMAO.. Soaked ain't even out yet right? That'll leave only four months between packs.

Well, I'll say it (and 90% of the site will concur), all of this is awesome... except it's useless if our parks can't move.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    This is awesome;

That would mean sometime in July we'll see something for it, in 4 months huh? they must be burning up the wires over there in Atari. i have to wait 2 months before i can play Soaked, because i need to restore my PC and its over at my school - the ability to restore.

I'll be burning up the wires once i get Soaked and this new expansion pack. but gosh... this is great.

I love RCT3.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

LMAO.. Soaked ain't even out yet right?  That'll leave only four months between packs.

Well, I'll say it (and 90% of the site will concur), all of this is awesome... except it's useless if our parks can't move.

Hope it doesn't turn into a Sims expansion-o-rama where they release a new one every 4 months. I'd like to be able to get proficient at one expansion before the next one comes out..
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

LMAO.. Soaked ain't even out yet right?  That'll leave only four months between packs.

Hope it doesn't turn into a Sims expansion-o-rama where they release a new one every 4 months. I'd like to be able to get proficient at one expansion before the next one comes out..

It doesn't really matter. You can just add in all the stuff to your current park. They can't add game mechanics that are too huge.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    http://www.tothegame...ame.asp?id=4577
    First screens are up
    Looks like Zoo Tycoon Meets RCT

And before anyone mentions that the coaster type in the 2nd screen doesnt exist. It was a concept design released by Setpoint a few years back than as of yet hasnt made its way into any parks.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I didn't know people even knew Zoo Tycoon existed. :lol:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    It has the Setpoint side rail dueling coaster! I love how these guys keep prying up every coaster type they can find. I was surprised to find the Vekoma motorcycle coaster in Soaked and it looks like they're finding even more coaster types to include in this. I'm very impressed with what Frontier has done with RCT3 so far. Washes the taste of those RCT2 expansion packs out of my mouth.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Didnt expect to see something like the Setpoint dueler, as it has never been done in a actual park before. It looks sweet though. The animals and there habitats look good. I like the new Serengeti (Sp?) trees.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I hope they're including birds and such, and the ability to use them in shows. I'm not too excited with elphants or giraffes, because I'm not a huge fan of zoos. Using macaws, wolfs, or dolphins and the like would be neat for shows though.

But I don't have rct3 anyway. ;)
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

It has the Setpoint side rail dueling coaster! I love how these guys keep prying up every coaster type they can find. I was surprised to find the Vekoma motorcycle coaster in Soaked and it looks like they're finding even more coaster types to include in this. I'm very impressed with what Frontier has done with RCT3 so far. Washes the taste of those RCT2 expansion packs out of my mouth.

Yeah, that's the Setpoint Seizmic coaster. I had that on my wishlist of coasters and flatrides to be added. Still about 20 more coasters to go.

Anyways, it's nice to see that they're still doing expansions (I've heard they still have two more after Wild), but like others, I'm not too excited since RCT3 hasn't run that well in the first place. I'll probably pick up Soaked and the others once the prices are lowered, since I'm not in any rush to buy them.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I ran RCT 3 pretty well in the first place but by new graphics card should arrive 2morrow.
    So looking forward to giving this a try when it arrives..

Frontier continue to impress... maybe we will see the maurer spinners and X-cars in this one
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    wow....this is cool...great idea...
    it looks perfect for a Busch Gardens park...
    hmm...it looks like they are working with anheiser busch on this...lol...
    first expansion looks like sea world and wet'n'wild, and the second expansion looks like busch gardens TB...
    i expect to see some recreations...
    but i thought the animals would look better...
    the animals in zoo tycoon 2 are way better....but maybe because it is a zoo game...not theme parks...
    but still....great concept...
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Jungle Cruise anyone? :D
    Animal Kingdom maybe?
  • JJ%s's Photo
    many people at the atari forums hate the idea, i personally like, it, i used to play zoo tycoon for my love of animals, and was saddened by little exciting rides, but this puts my two favourite games into one really, i love animals and coasters they are my two favourite things, and in the same game makes me cheer.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I think the animals are a great idea. It's expanding the theme park concept in a new direction just like Soaked did. And when they add in a bunch of new coasters and flat rides and landscaping and theming options too, what's there to complain about? Animals have been missing from RCT parks for a long time. From the Busch Gardens recreations to all of the jurassic park themes. It'd be nice if they added dinosaurs too, but maybe that's another expansion pack. It's nice that they're focusing on theming too. We can build waterfalls now and when they add animals we'll be able to create really immersive natural environments. It's not just stalls and walkways and flat rides. One idea I'd like to see implemented in an expansion pack is a better building designer that doesn't require you to simply stack wall pieces together.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading