RCT Discussion / The disasters...

• Arklon%s's Photo
    Well, the "disasters" that are in the Beast can be fun to use sometimes... especially "Spontaneous Combustion" :lol:

But what I'm wondering is, who here actually likes to use them?

*gets thwacked with a twig*
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i use it (spontainous combustion) when a bunch of peeps are stuck at the edge of the map. works wonders.
  • Rebel2000%s's Photo
    You can create a cool "dilapidated" effect by building tons of benches, trash cans, and lamp posts, and then using the riot disaster. All that stuff will break, and you don't need peeps to do it. The only problem is if you already have a lot of benches, etc. in the park, because you will have to replace them.
  • posix%s's Photo

i use it (spontainous combustion) when a bunch of peeps are stuck at the edge of the map. works wonders.

I dunno why everyone uses this method to get rid of the peeps. It has several disadvantages:

- takes ages
    - no guarantee all of them will be gone
    - 1 RCT-year later the crowd is back

Let me tell u how I'm doing it:
    Download newest Dragon (>here<) and scan for crowds around the map. Once u got one (turn sound on, it's easier) u need to make sure the ground is at the same height as the peeps are. Then build them one piece of path and put a ground texture under it u'd never use (or which isn't used in the park), like purple gridlines or something like that...
    Now launch Dragon6.2BETA and change pruple gridlines to 'not owned'. The path will get these 'entrance-fences' and peeps will walk till the end of it, turn around and disappear into the black ;)

- very effective
    - faster
    - no crowds anymore
    - MUCH smaller filesize

I recommend using Dragon6.2 cos it's ingame and therefore most handy. Sure u can use any trainer that allows u to change ownerships by ground textures...

enjoy the effect, 800 --> 400KB ^_^
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Or just sort out the entrance when you start the park.....forward planning works wonders.

Posix - that's the method you and Benni use? Cos I saw it in Terratina :D
  • posix%s's Photo

Posix - that's the method you and Benni use? Cos I saw it in Terratina :D

my method, teached it to him :p ~selfish~
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo

You can create a cool "dilapidated" effect by building tons of benches, trash cans, and lamp posts, and then using the riot disaster. All that stuff will break, and you don't need peeps to do it. The only problem is if you already have a lot of benches, etc. in the park, because you will have to replace them.

thats a cool idea.... to bad I've never needed it done to one of my parks ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading