General Chat / NBA CHAT

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Maybe we can keep this thread open the whole season.

Here, you can talk about anything related to the NBA, real games or fantasy sports.

I'll start.

MCGRADY AND KOBE ARE GOING CRAZY FOR ME!!!! McGrady had another insane game today while Kobe is coming off two consecutive triple doubles.

Wassup w/ the Kings? I thought they were gonna roll over everyone in the start of the season. They were KILLING everyone in their first three games, and now they lose two in a row, this time against the Magic.... Even w/o Bibby and Webber, the Kings should be demolishing peeps.

See the Bulls lose their second last night? Funny.

GO LAKERS!!!!

EDIT: I see now that they lost tonite... to the Cavs... AGAIN... That's just sad. Very sad. Unbelievably sad. Even worse than Sac losing to Orl. :(
  • aero21%s's Photo
    What's wrong to loseing to Orlando, on the road? McGrady is a FREAK! Sacramento had more than just Bibby and Webb gone. Divac, Pollard, Turkaglu were also out for the game. Don't expect a lose to the Knicks though. I was more upset with the Heat lose, but i didn't expect a road sweep. I can't believe how crappy the Lakers look right now, I mean, loosing to the Cavs.... Ha Ha Ha :lol: .

PEACE
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    We all know that the NBA sucks. I mean, the major networks refuse to carry the games!
  • iris%s's Photo
    Corkscrewed & aero, both of you must learn that basketball dominance is over in California. My Mavs are kicking the shit outta everyone. Undefeated start. Nowitzki won player of the week this week. He is a freak. Finley is a freak. Nash is a freak who hits freaky shots.

And Shawn Bradley is a freak. Literally.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Bradley was ranked, like, 16th on my Fantasy Basketball.

To quote WWE's The Hurricane...
    Wassup widdat???!!!!
  • aero21%s's Photo
    The Mavs? oh that's right, short for Mavricks. Sorry to say but they will disapear in the playoffs. Any team with Nick Van Exel will never go all the way. Most teams with NO inside pressance has ever won a championship. The Mavs are a lot like the Nets, great against average teams, crap against the good ones.

PEACE
  • iris%s's Photo
    You are incorrect sir.
    I think you meant: "Any team with Nick Van Exel as a superstar doesn't make it". NVE fits in perfectly as a 6th man. Breaks down defenses, good drive & kick passer, good shooter, and runs the floor well. And Mavs are developing an inside game. Shawn Bradley is playing well (never thought I'd hear myself say that), and once Raef Lafrentz comes back, they got him and Evan Eschmeyer, a good quality backup.

And a team with no major inside prescence doesn't win? Does anybody remember the Bulls? With Jordan & Pippen at SG/SF. Yes, then you had the mighty LUC LONGLEY at center. And the extremely offensively-gifted Dennis Rodman at 4. Those 2 alone might have put up a total of um....12-14 points a game. They relied 100% on their gaurd play. And the Mavericks don't even do that. They have two all-star guards, and then a power forward who makes inside players come outside, really fucks them up, who may be the most valuable player in the league this year.
    I mean, what's Samaki Walker gonna do when Dirk comes out hitting pullup three's in his face? He's not gonna know what the hell to do. And all they gotta do is have Raef stay on the outside, it would leave Shaq deciding whether to stop ball or find his man, leaving him not knowing what to do. Mavs got beat by the Kings last year, pretty bad, but they're a better team this year. Dirk seems to have exploded, and become a much better player, Finley is getting better adapted to his role of the #2 Player on the team, Nash comes up huge all the time.
    We also picked up Walt Williams, who may seem like an insignificant addition, but he's very valuable. That's ANOTHER 6'9 shooter. Kings in my opinion are the only team that really could stop the Mavericks, and I don't think they will this year.

Seriously, how awesome would it be to watch Mavs & Nets go at it in a Best of 7? Most fun series in a long time.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    GO GRIZZLIES :lol:

BiO :flame:
  • Micool%s's Photo

And the extremely offensively-gifted Dennis Rodman at 4.

Which brings us to the old, ultimate question:

DID he ever actually average 1 pt a game, or was that the statisticians screwing us over?

Lakers suck.
  • aero21%s's Photo
    The problem with Dallas is they don't play defense. The one thing the Bulls had was three all NBA defenders, and a rebounding champion. Those are things a championship team must have to win. The last few years the Kings have had the defenders but not the rebounders. With the addition of Keon Clark, we may just have that missing link. Dallas can shoot the lights out of the arena, depending on what kind of night it is. As for Walt Williams, I remember when he was on the Kings, and we just happened to suck those years. Walt hasn't done squat with the other teams he has been on, basically he is a 6'9 jump shooter. When Dallas can play defense then we can talk about them being a contender, for now the Spurs are the team to beat in the mid-west division.

As far as the East teams go, i think there has been an obvious increase in quality teams (nothing compared to the west) that will challenge the Nets. Orlando seems to be "The Team" to beat in the East (assuming Grant Hill doesn't injure himself again). Atalanta looks like it will contend as well, "Big Dog" is on a mission to prove the Bucks wrong. That may prove to be just what he needed to get back to championship form (haveing Shareef and Terry doesn't hurt either).

Anyways, all this is for naught, The Kings will take it all this year!

;)

Agreed, Lakers Suck!

PEACE
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    And all this would explain why Dalls has the best record in the league Aero?
    Face it, the championship is commin back where it belongs... Texas.
  • vTd%s's Photo

And all this would explain why Dalls has the best record in the league Aero?
    Face it, the championship is commin back where it belongs... Texas.

Why are you a Maverick fan if you're from Houston?

Personally, I find Stevie "Franchise" more likable than the entire Maverick team. (but maybe that's cause he's a Maryland dude and I've known that he's this skilled since he came out of college)
  • iris%s's Photo
    Yes, Franchise is more likable then any individual Mav (well, maybe not, you gotta love Nash's crazy shit).

But there is no other team, not even the Nets, that just uses this philosophy: "whoever gets the ball runs up, does some crazy shit and jacks up a 3". And they are very successful with it. You got Dirk who will make like 10 in a row, because he's a streak shooter, Nash will pull the craziest shit in the world out of his ass, and Finley will posterize someone on occasion (sorry Rado Nesterovic, but your a good example)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo

Why are you a Maverick fan if you're from Houston?

Personally, I find Stevie "Franchise" more likable than the entire Maverick team. (but maybe that's cause he's a Maryland dude and I've known that he's this skilled since he came out of college)

I am a Rockets Fan, but, the Mavs and Kings are my teams.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Just wait till the Playoffs when every other team ups their intensity and tempo while the Mav's act like the Utah Jazz and flop. Sure, they're good, but Championships aren't won in November. They're won in June.

Heck, if I were to root for someone other than the Lakers, I'd go for the Kings. At least they have a chance! Dallas? Just wait till they go cold. Lets see what crazy shit they they pull then! ;) :lol:
  • aero21%s's Photo
    When the Mavs learn to play defense then i will be weary of them. 7-0 means nothing at this point of the season. I will wait until the all-star break to decide if they are going to be a threat. Although part of me wants them to side with my Kings and focus on Shaqs big toe ;) .

PEACE
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Gotta love the Mav's! Especially Nash. There aren't enough short Canadian geeks in the league to root for.
  • Radu%s's Photo
    This year's Mavs remind me a lot of the Kings a few years ago with Jason Williams. They're fun to watch but don't stand much of a chance against serious competition.

Lakers are fun to laugh at this year, though. Even the Clippers are doing better than the Lakers right now. I understand that they don't have Shaq, but if you're entire team revolves around a single player, then there are some problems. The Kings are successful because they work as a team, and despite loosing two or three key players, they still put up tough competition.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Trust me, if i were any team in the league, id be scared of the Mavericks. Nowitzki, Finley, Nash, LaFrentz, Naraja, Van Exel, Raja Bell, the list is countless. El championship de Tejas esta anos.

Ok My spanish is bad.
  • aero21%s's Photo
    your scared of Ed Najara? ha ha ha. by the way, no one is scared of the Mavs. Not one of those players you mentioned has done anything in this league.

PEACE

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading