Pro Tour 2 / Mine Train Results

This topic hosts comments for 6 parks(View Parks)
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I don't give a damn about 3rd or 4th place. Give me 2nd places to beat Kumba's record.

The only fact I want to point out here is that I had great fun making this minetrain and I really liked it in some parts, though I completely missed my plans. [color=white]You might see those plans "somewhere" else.[(color]
    Maybe that was cause I build like 45% of it within 3 hours. (Mainly the part that didn't turn out too well.) Expect to see one more PT2 prelims entry from me and this time I will put in all the heart and energy I have. (That should be much more than this time as I do not have school now for 6.5 weeks.:p)

Congrats to CoasterForce for winning this round.

Steve could have made first place easily if he had put in some content and not only built archi for the sake of having archi.

I'll have a closer look at all the entries later.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Steve's is the best theme i've seen for a while. Please develop it into a full themed area...

Congratulations to everyone, especially CoasterForce.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Postit should have won.

I didn't like the others, and I dont see how K2 was a mine train? ???

Coasterforce's was ok, and was a good coaster, but the archy wasn't for me. 2nd Place for me.

Steve's was just bad and didn't have much thought imo. I didn't like the archy neither. 4th place for me.

Postit's was very nice, but a little unfinished. I really liked the archy in this one. 1st place.

Levis' was not very good at all. I didnt like any of the archy, and the foliage was poor. Last place.

Magnus', hmm, I didn't like the fact that it the archy looked like a noob LL player imo. The coaster was good though. 5th place.

Tom DJ, maybe a little repetitive with the colours, but it looked very nice nonetheless. 3rd for me.
  • RCTDude2316%s's Photo
    why would i download somthing with no screens
  • trav%s's Photo
    Oh god, here we go...

We download these without screens because one screen would show the whole thing, it is only a coaster with theming afterall.
  • X250%s's Photo
    hmm... I'll be truthful, i think Steve had the best entry imo. The buildings were architecturaly perfect, with an amazing amount of detail. The coasters layout was fun to watch, shame about the custom supports though, they needed to be hacked right up to the track. Otherwise, great entry. Coasterforce, what a surprise! Neat little entry, with one hell of a mine-train! Foilage was a little sloppy, but that was about all i could say negative about this park. Layout, archy was all good.

I also checked out Postit's and Magnus' entry, in my opinion, Magnus should have been placed higher. His coaster was quite fun to watch. Postit also caught me by surprise! Very nice effort, architecture was great- but i had the feeling the mine-train was too segregated from the rest of the park. Next time try to incorporate the coaster layout more with the paths and scenery a little.

Levis and Tomdj's entries, well, i thought they were pretty average. Some nice archy in there. But however, seemed to lack that something. Keep trying you two, and fingers crossed you will make it through!

-X-
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Edited my post with a screen for you bitches
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I didn't like any of them, of course, but, I thought CoasterForce's was especially terrible. I'm shocked it won! I probably would have went for Magnus' as it was the most solid entry, imho, but even that was completely underwhelming.
  • artist%s's Photo
    I only viewed steve's and coasterforce's and tbh i didnt really like either. Steve's imo was so much better than CF's but hey congrats on winning. Steve's entry was of course incomplete or looked that way, i mean cmon guys you want to get in the pro tour then prove you can finish something. Anyways both very nice but nothing really special in my eyes. CF's foliage and archy was too sloppy for me. sorry.

Congrats CF.
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    I only downloaded Steve's and CF's but...

Project Dino: Nice entry, congrats on the win CF. Don't have much complaint, it was an enjoyable layout with nice interactions. It was very creative, and the archy was good.

K2: Good. The archy here was superb; excellent. However, it was very incomplete, and there were a couple slow parts during the ride. And all of the different land types looked out of place IMO... But still very good.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I checked them all out and it was a pretty damn good round.

CF - Big entry and clearly a lot of effort put in, but nothing in it was really that great, like all the other entrys (other then Steves) the treeing was pretty bad, and the archy was plain and too brown. Nice effort, good luckon the tour

Steve - #1 imo, really great entry, just I think its size and the type of mine train you used kinda hurt you, but other then that it was awsome, keep at it steve.

Postit - Nice layout, but it was totaly barron, it did kinda look nice but something should be happening. The archy was kinda odd, like a simi neat litle jumble, but I liked it and the dome was pretty cool.

Magnus - I hate opening a park and then boom, its raining, this sorta reminded me of Comstock Dash, but thats about 3 years old and was a dueler, sorry but I just was not really feeling this, tho in the screens you showed me I did like it. imo the best part was the new Toon poles you made, thx for that :)

Levis - Nice, I liked the theming in some spots and the mountains where good, just it was not very consistent, you had good parts, but they seemed scatterd. Good work tho, your becomeing a pretty good parkmaker.

Tom DJ - I thought the layout was pretty good, a bit small but good. The border fence was nice, but other then that it did not have to much going for it, the buildings where something, but I don't really know what...

1 Steve
    2 CF
    3 Levis
    4 Postit
    5 Magnus
    6 Tom DJ
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    1. Steve
    2. Postit
    3. CF
    4. Levis
    5. Magnus
    6. Tom_DJ
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    -Project Dinosaur, by CoasterForce
    Definately quantity over quality if your ask me... and that bothers me actually since the actual pro tour will be about quality... this entry didn't do much to me...

-K-2 Mine Train, by Steve
    I liked the theming very much. It just a terrific atmosphere. You should have used 6-seater wooden coaster trains though.

-Seranaur Cove Mine Train, by postit
    Indeed a pleasant suprise. Just too bad it wasn't finished

-Devil's Mine, by Magnus
    Looks quite old school and simply doesn't cut it. I liked that track works you had at the beginning though

-Route to El Dorado, by Levis
    Very good structure in the temple and although it doesn't appeal very much at first glance you'll need to get into it.

-The Apocalipta
    Liked it quite well, but your structures become a little vague if you ask me. A littl bit more though to it maybe

My order:
    1- Steve
    2- Postit
    3- Tom dj
    4- Levis
    5- CoasterForce
    6- Magnus

Oh and Trav, define minetrain: the actual minetrain coaster type or just a ride resembling a mine. The last offers more freedom if you ask me.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Steve's does look finished, I don't get how you guys seem to think it isn't.

Anyway, congrats CoasterForce, I sure didn't see that coming.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i did not see any meaning or sense in steve's entry. i found it horribly thrown together. steve, you can make nice and elegant looks but please give them theoretical content.
    i was confused about the coaster. it was so slow in places it almost stopped to then roll back. purpose?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

mine WAS completed.

the games are rigged.

Steve may not have won the round, but surely he gets bonus points for the timely pun.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Is it just me or does Magnus' entry look alot like RRP's Vesvious Stampede?

Nice, though.

The only other entry I downloaded was steve's. I didn't like the coaster at all, but the architecure was great, if generic.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Here's how mine would've went

1. CF
    2. Steve
    3. Postit
    4. Tom DJ
    5. Magnus
    6. Levis
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Now that I've downloaded all of them...

I really don't understand why people are giving CF crap about his entry. Obviously a ton of effort was put into his park, and he actually finished it. Congrats on the win.

I agree with Posix about Steve's entry, there was really no particular theme, and the coaster layout was slow at parts. I also don't see why a few people think it's "finished". I think the only reason his entry got 2nd was that the archy was perfect, and had no flaws. The actual coaster has a pretty sloppy layout IMO.

Now, for the rest:

Tom Dj: A pleasant suprise, I thought it should of placed higher. Although the arhcy colors were repeatitive, it still was nice. The layout was also good too, with an impressive station building.

Levis: I see what you're trying to pull off, but it's just kinda odd. The huge structure was unique, but the landscaping was repeatitive, with the land all at the same angle. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Pretty good foilage selection though.

Magnus: Interesting entry. I thought this was very good; neat landscaping, great foilage... IMO, this deserved a much a higher placement than 4th.

Postit: From what was completed, it looked great. It's too bad, it would have had a much more promising outcome if you completed it the way you started.

My list:

1. CF
    2. Magnus
    3. Postit
    4. Tom Dj
    5. Steve
    6. Levis
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I believe that Steve's layout was slow in places to create suspense, really. I thought his themeing was detailed and well thought out.
    CF deserved to win, very creative coaster, and nice themeing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading