RCT Discussion / People You'd Orgasm Over If they Advertised Parks

• posix%s's Photo
    omg ed, segaman, that'd be an eye-popper to see a new ad topic of his.

if i advertised then only via rctmv. it's nice to see people actually interested in my stuff though.

i'd love to see
    segaman (as mentioned above)
    slob
    sa

feels like i forgot a few, hmm.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^Drew maybe?

Personally:

Mala
    Ed
    Blitz
    Phatage
    cBass
    Steve
    Posix
    X- Sector
    WME
    Darkjanus
    Beejer
    Mantis

I realize that a number of those mentioned above would have to pick up the game again before that could happen but still...

ride6
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Hey wait... mantis quit?
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    Some names :

Evil WME
    X-sector
    Phatage
    John
    Darkjanus
    Toon
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Drew.

gymkid dude, if he even posted.
  • Highball%s's Photo

gymkid dude, if he even posted.

Methinks he quit.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    NATE
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    Toon
    Kumba
    SAC
    Mala
    Kevin (i know he shows alot but more 'd be great)
    and i miss Six Frags RCT2 parks...
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Toon
    SAC
    Mala
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Toon def.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    forgot Steve :angel:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'm gonna add Titan to my list.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    If Mala were to advertise he would lose his mysterious aura altogether. Part of his very greatness rests on the fact that you don't see any of it until you see all of it. You are presented with all these new and jaw-dropping things side-by-side, none of which you could have seen coming. If he were to give even the slightest clue about any aspect of a project he is working on, it would somewhat ruin it.
    Mala has shaped one's outlook on his parks into a new kind of anticipation. The kind of anticipation usually present here is that one sees screens and thinks "wow, I really want to see this done." Mala parks are different. The anticipation takes the form of that thought in the back of your mind that sometime soon he will emerge and stun us all. We don't know when, or with what, but in a sense that makes it better. No, if Mala were to advertise here, it would be entirely counterproductive to the mindset of awe that greets his work when released.

I actually think this is true for a lot of people here. The surprise when someone releases a park out of nowhere would be truly spectacular if coupled with the parkmaking skills that some people have. Personally I wouldn't want to see any more screens of X's park, because the short-term satisfaction that I gain from looking at such screens requires the greater sacrifice of some of the sense of awe when I finally view the park in its finished form. I think Titan is a model of tasteful and careful advertising, and if he were to show more screens it would also be a shot to the impeccable and unexpected quality ever present in his work.

About the only person I'd be really glad to see a screen from now would be Mantis, just so that I know he is still going at it. Perhaps Bokti as well for the same reason, but I don't know if advertising is his style of doing things, or if it is better that he just release work.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    That's where you delve into the art of framing screenshots. ;) You can show stuff and still leave room for amazement if you pull it off well.

Case in point: Fright Nights.
  • PBJ%s's Photo

I'm gonna add Titan to my list.

Me 2

:D

so many good builders so many names so little brain
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Sorry for the bump.

LAA.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Amen to that, brotha.
  • jon%s's Photo
    Nate
    Posix
    metalface
    Titan
    Steve
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I don't remember, but did Glitch ever release anything?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    You know what would be awesome? If Pyro advertised.
    Natelox, too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading