Pro Tour 2 / Best Bridge

This topic hosts comments for 5 parks(View Parks)
  • Richie%s's Photo

Personally I feel I got  fucked on this one as other preliminary results have been delayed for days (even over a week) for other problems yet it could not be delayed a day to see if my entry could be resent.

The deadlines for entires werent moved back, though... .

And smoking kills.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

The deadlines for entires werent moved back, though... .

And smoking kills.

I didn't say they were and mine was submitted on time (early in fact). My point was that the result could have been delayed a day or so that problems like this could be fixed. We can't send the maps to anyone for testing so how are we to know if there are problems with the files (especially when I was not contacted in the first place.

As for submitting this in the bonus round, I doubt a bridge would stand a chance against coasters
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^It might if you have a bridge and a coaster. ;)

Um yeah. Magnus's bridge is quite awesome. Not realistic by any means but far more interesting to view than the others with the possible exception of Chapelz, which was also excellent but not quite as much so as Magnus (the towers!). Otherwise I liked Hobbes for the fact that it was very realistic and Old Red's had atmosphere. I can't view the other as I have no program that can open a .rar file and nor do I care to.

ride6
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    Iris suggested a winrar file. I attached a .zip one. Hope you like it!

Attached Files

• hobbes%s's Photo
    Okay, now make it a Save Game file and Export Objects. ;)X
  • iris%s's Photo
    RCTNW...what's the point of sending me a PM if you're just gonna whine on the forums anyway? You sent me the file and asked if I recieved it, which I did. Now...I got my computer back late last night which is when I judged the entries. Yours had an invalid data. Who's fault is that? Unlike the case of rwadams' when I was just missing an object, yours simply gave me invalid data. If it will make you feel much better then go ahead and send your entry in. If I think it would have won then we will have two winners for this round, if not the entry will not be accepted in the bonus round. Would that stop the constant bitching in the PMs/Forums/probably other places I haven't looked yet?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    thanks for all the positive statements about the bridge.
    It's a great feeling to be in PT2 now, though i will somehow miss the prelims. working for a contest can be so much fun.

But I don't see your point ride6, why the bridge is unrealistic. To have a bridge like this in realy life should be not such a big problem and there are even sime bridges looking like this.

And steve. I promiss to work on my landscaping and flower arrangements. If there is anybody willing to help me with that please pm me.

thanks again
  • iris%s's Photo

Iris suggested a winrar file. I attached a .zip one. Hope you like it!

What? I did? When?
  • Ride6%s's Photo

But I don't see your point ride6, why the bridge is unrealistic. To have a bridge like this in realy life should be not such a big problem and there are even sime bridges looking like this.

Don't take that comment wrong, it's a complement. It's so decritive that it wouldn'tve been built in the last 75 years or so because it would be far to expensive and complicated. Anyway congradulations on getting in. :)

ride6
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Let's hear it for BRIDGES! YEAH!
  • cBass%s's Photo

Let's hear it for BRIDGES!  YEAH!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:FcygK7m5XX4J:www.pegasusgalaxy.com/images/beaubridges.jpghttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:PIqBDMlvB_IJ:www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Lloyd%2520Bridges.jpghttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:eIvNp9iDG9gJ:www.kinoweb.de/film99/ArlingtonRoad/pix/ar84.jpghttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:14nVxNVULH0J:kevin.ceaseless.org/archives/Bridges.jpg

:lol:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Oh man.
    If only someone made a Beau Bridges head out of quarter-tiles. :(
  • Alec%s's Photo
    are these all rct2?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Yes Alec, this is an all RCT2 contest in case you hadn't heard. LL players are disallowed from entering! Come on, Pro Tour 2...RCT2...make the connection man.
  • Old Red%s's Photo
    ...I did better than I thought with a rusty Old bridge...Thanks...

...I'm glad I remembered how to send an E-mail...

...maybe next round...?...
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    Congratulations Magnus with the win with this magnificent bridge!!. fully deserved I think!!
    See no reason why it could not be built in real life. The plane and the jump are lovely additions.
    Good luck in the finals!

The ones of Chapelz' and Hobbes I also liked very much, but just a little less.

Was very impressed by the rusty-looking one of Old Red, this one looking so damned realistic that I saw myself walking again on it as a child in the town of Rotterdam, where we did have exactly these kind of bridges. (By now they are wider and more modern) Very good idea to use these paths as hangers for the bridge, and everything in a beautiful landscape.

Could not open Gride's one, will have to dl again.

Thanks everyone for all the work and the nice entries!
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Woah, when I saw you say Rotterdam, I instantly thought of OSC's Ender's Shadow. Great book.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Nice bridge, Mangus. There's only a few problems, though minor. There are no castles in Montana. The deck design was not convincing (i.e. not thick enough, no stringers, etc.) Sweet arches though. Should have said a different location to make it more believable.

I'll comment on the others as I open them.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Nice bridge, Mangus. There's only a few problems, though minor.  There are no castles in Montana.  The deck design was not convincing (i.e. not thick enough, no stringers, etc.)  Sweet arches though.  Should have said a different location to make it more believable.

ok all you say is right, but i had some let'S say more private motives to put the bridge to helena montana.

My father, born in Germany, was living in Helena, Montana for six years. That was in the late 50's I guess.
    He was a pretty good runner those days and won the Montana running competition 3 times.

His senior year, Bob broke the school and Vigilante Stadium records in the mile in the second meet of the season. His 4:33.2 clocking bettered the HHS standard of 4:35, formerly held by Juergen Greger .

http://www.helenair....01041603_02.txt

When he came back to Germany he became civil engineer in a contructing firm. They are building various bridges all over Germany.
    So yes that's the main facts about the story and the reason for putting the bridge to montana though it doesn't look very montana-ish.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Oh, awesome. In that case, you should have named it as like a tribute and had a readme or something and I probably wouldn't have complained :p :) . I actually have some family from Columbus up there, it's fairly close to Helena, and see them about once, maybe twice a year. So yeah, that's all cool.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading