• ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Posted Image

The HCU Hydrocracker.

Work in progress, obviously.

-ACE
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    I like it, but I have no idea what it's suppose to be.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

I like it, but I have no idea what it's suppose to be.

Refinery

I think you know what it's supposed to be.

I like this. Nice contrast of colors, great structure. Though I'm not too sure about the wooden supports.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Pretend they're steel?

Anyway, it's a good start. Add some pathing and take out all the grass so the screen gets full effect. Adding some barrels and some nearby warehouse buildings will help set mood too.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Honest question, is this a park or an actual refinery?
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    @sixflagsfreak56: Please tell me that's sarcasm...

@Phatage: It's going to be more in the way of an NE design than a park (not enough sprites to detail an entire park like this.) But it is based on parts of real refineries.

@All: Thanks for the comments.

Update:

Posted Image

Preliminary Distillation Columns.

If someone would make better piping scenery....

-ACE
  • JKay%s's Photo

It's going to be more in the way of an NE design than a park

Hmm. You might think of a way to make the actual ride more interesting because right now it looks like a great re-creation of an oil refinery, but hardly an NE design. I see no reason why people would visit this....there's no cumilative or thrill attraction right now. You need some type of rollercoaster consuming it. Either way, I'd like to see how this turns out.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

(not enough sprites to detail an entire park like this.)

Of course there is. I've seen many parks with more detail being released.

Anyways, to the screen. Not much to comment on really, though this is a refinery. I do like the way you used the 1/4 tile base supports.

there's no cumilative or thrill attraction right now.

That's because he's in the scenario editor right now.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Wow! Its so awesome that I want to ride it right now! I dont even know what it is!!!1!111
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ThaNkYoUU 4 uRe sUp3R c0n5tRuctIvE cr1t1Cism!!!!!!!
  • Panic%s's Photo
    :lol: nice Cork.

ACE, I think you oughta try making some of the towers here out of drop rides, and some of the long railways ought of elevated coaster track (if you haven't already - I can't really tell in that second screen), and see what happens.
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Looks good, and yes, it was sarcasim.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo

ThaNkYoUU 4 uRe sUp3R c0n5tRuctIvE cr1t1Cism!!!!!!!

Sorry, Just felt like doing that.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Oh snap, a fellow member fluent in 1337speak
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Its unique. I dont see how you can get a NE design out of this though, i mean there is absolutely no themepark features about it yet. Very good detail and it seems pretty refinery-like
  • Fisheye%s's Photo
    I like seein this kinda stuff done in RCT.. even if its not gonna be incorporated in park its cool to see what you can do if want a change from makin theme parks i guess
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    @JKay: Patience! I'm still in the SE. The coaster will come later.

@Panic: ?? Could you explain what you mean?

@All: Thanks for the comments.

Now, another update:

Posted Image

Vacuum-Gas Distillation Section.

Still working on the port (next update) and the flare stacks.

-ACE
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Woah slow down with the updates... 3 updates in one day is way too many. 2 is already pushing it. About the screen, well not much to comment on, it looks the same as all the others.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    You should make one of those Intamin first generation drop rides. It'd fit perfectly in with this theme IMO.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Is a coaster going to fly through one of the buildings and then the place blows up? I'm not really getting this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading