• Atlus%s's Photo
    It looks interesting, yet I am getting extremely bored by it. There's only a certain amount you can do with an oil rig, surely? And I think an "oil rig" themed ride would be extremely hard to do with out a) getting bored yourself or b-) boring everyone else. I think you've done it pretty much as well as you could do, all I'm saying is that your idea was flawed in the first place.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Nothing bad about this screen I can really tell except it looks the same as all the others.

@ Alpie:

I'm still in the SE.

:rolleyes:

\/ You can't build coasters while in the SE.

I hope you're kidding, because that's one of the most widely known facts in the RCT communtiy.
  • artist%s's Photo

Nothing bad about this screen I can really tell except it looks the same as all the others.

@ Alpie:

:rolleyes:

whats wrong with still being in SE.

i think it looks intresting, very original too. keep working on it dude.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Didn't see that post. Jeesh.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Ok, first off - I'm having computer difficulties atm, so it may be a while to the next update.

Secondly, to answer the questions being asked: This project started with me attempting to see how well I can recreate the feel of a refinery in RCT2. Once I realized I could do it, I decided to get some use out of it. Once my computer stops acting up, I'll be ready to leave the SE and start the coaster. This theme isn't as difficult to work with in game as you would think.

Keep in mind that most of the stuff I show is half finished.

Next update (when I get around to it) will show a few (small) finished areas.

-ACE
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

There's only a certain amount you can do with an oil rig, surely?

Agreed. Good replica, but SO boring to look at after 3 seconds. You could atleast make it explode or something.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Well, solved my computer problems.

Posted Image
    The Iris in port.

Posted Image
    Top of the flare stack.

I'm out of the SE now. Still working on Black Gold, the coaster that will adorn the refinery.

Release in 3-4 days.

-ACE
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    sounds great with the oil refinery and a coaster named "black gold". good idea.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    LAST UPDATE:

Black Gold:

Posted Image

The helix.

Posted Image

The dual corkscrews.

It's about 80% done. Just need some more theming to fill in the bald patches.

-ACE
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    you might want to add some very small bushes (like six frags or 1k) just to make the rock surface less intimidating. Otherwise i think you could try some custom supporting with all the poles you have.

RCTFAN
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    I guess it's all good for practise at building in RCT, but seriously, this idea was flawed from the start. You can't really have any good architecture, nor can you explore many colours...
    Oh well, I guess you've done an ok job at it...
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    it looks bland., try adding more smaller detail. it can also use more color. i know its supposed to be a refinery but still, it looks incredibly dull with just white and gray. also, as rctfan said, get ride of the in-game supports and build your own.
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Hrmmmm........ Are you sure you did'nt copy this from somewhere???? Cuz I don't believe you made this up by yourself,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you didn't cuz they do look A LOT alike with your first couple of pictures.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    I <3 Sim City
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Fuck it.

Can't get the coaster to look or run good, so...

Released.

I may go back and finish it up later on, but I have more things in the works ATM.

-ACE

BTW: Dirk Pitt, so what if I did? We all get inspiration somewhere.

File: http://rapidshare.de...finery.zip.html
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

Hrmmmm........ Are you sure you did'nt copy this from somewhere???? Cuz I don't believe you made this up by yourself,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you didn't cuz they do look A LOT alike with your first couple of pictures.

Because imitating a completely different computer game shows a lack of talent? He didn't copy another park... so what's the issue here?
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'm just amazed about how much you know about refineries.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading