Music Forum / some songs

• iGNiTED%s's Photo
    hey guys...
    as u kno, its summer...and im stuck at home being really bored having nothing to do... but since i just got a new guitar from my birthday...(fender squier strat....nothing special....but better than what i did have)...and i made a trip to guitar center and bought a beatiful Ibanez Acoustic...which plays AMAZING...so i decided to record a few songs....even though my recording software completely sucks...as does my microphone... but anyways...here is 2 acoustic songs with effects like panning, and fading and some echoes and strings....

and here is a very bad song that was almost impossible to get the drums in complete timing with the guitar...i tryed my best at lining it up, but it just shows how crappy my software is....and the solo completely sucks, because i had to record it seperate from everything else...so it was hard to get the right volume and speed...but anyways...

http://www.rctd.ft6.com/uploads/Reverence.mp3

well...i was bored, and i hope u like the first two...and yes im playing the guitar in every song by myself...

.:'iGN'iTED':.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    WOW, that first one is great!
    I'm still downloading the others... :)

I'm learning guitar now. How long did it take you to get this good?
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    its not that great..i taught myself to play starting about umm....lets see...1 year ago...2?...i cant remember...but u just gotta stick with it...its very fun playing guitar, and i wouldnt do anything else...but i wouldnt call myself "good" maybe...better than average...
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    what software did you use? I need something cheap so that I can get my 4 track cassette recordings onto my computer.

I'll take a listen to your stuff after I'm done listening to this m.i.a. album.
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    its Magix Guitar Music Maker....but i'd reccomend getting something better...

o yeah... my cousin at UCF said he'd give me an amazing recording software...Sonar i think...which im totally looking forward to getting...and also some speakers and mixing boards...man...i should open a recording studio...
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    I feel the first one has a very nice intro, but needs to change a bit somewhere...I know the texture does, but it can get slightly boring listening to the same pattern over and over again. It's only a short song, but it works well, and I think you should try varying the structure a bit, adding verses, choruses, bridges, middle eight's whatever, and put some vocals in you could have an Acoustic-GooGooDolls-Esq song here... and it would be really nice! (btw it's well mastered etc.)
    The second one really fits the theme of "solitude", good title for it. It also has a lot of promise as a song here, if you wanted it to be...it's really nice (and the strings work well)
    As for your third, did you use a metronome to record? that's probably why it's not lining up, because believe it or not, it sounds like it's the guitar that's out and not the drums!

But yeah, great stuff...it's really fun making music, and good luck with it.

As for recording software, try Cool Edit Pro. That served me well for about two years...unfortunately it has its limitations so I'm going for the best money can buy - Logic Pro 7. That's basically the only reason I am switching to mac!

PS.
    What Ibanez do you have? I got myself a juicy Gibson... ( http://img.epinions....-resized200.jpg )
    Oh - and finally: http://www.soundclick.com/atlus ;)
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    It sounds a lot like praise band stuff (well except for that last one); which isn't a bad thing, because it is pretty good, it's just that I'd rather listen to other types of music outside church. Also, on the last song, you can really tell which is the good guitar and which one isn't :p .
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    ^^ i have a Black Ibanez...i bought it for $216 at guitar center...im not sure what specific model it is...but it plays nice...i couldnt find which model it is tho...ive looked on the internet everywhere, but i cant find which specific one it is...its acoustic/electric...and has small flames around the soundhole... and all it says on the headstock is Ibanez....and it has a big AE on it...well...anyways...i kno i didnt waste my money on it... ^^what kind of gibson do you have?
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Nice.
    I have a Chet Atkins SST. Plays like an absolute beast, and took the best part of my bank account up!
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I have a Washburn Oscar Schmidt. Wee haw.
    Nah, I love my guitar. I just needed something to start off with.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    i've got a guitar too.... it's a pretty crappy electro-acoustic tho.... don't know what exact make it is... but atlas has the same guitar right handed (im left)... and in a different colour... anyway... these dots are so cool.... im done... .
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Crafter FX550 ;)
    It's not that bad...really...it has an OK tone...your one just needs some TLC!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The mixing is a bit off, but like you said, the software sucks. I liked the tunes. Very relaxing and sort of uplifting at the same time. Good stuff!
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    thanx for the good replies guys...im gonna make more soon...
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Please do, I liked listening to them.

I used play a guitar a little over a year ago but was never able to stick with it. But, this has inspired me to try a few things again. :)
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i should put some stuff up...
    as soon as I can find my mike, I'll do some homebrew industrial flamenco :0
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    thanks guys....i got a new song...even though it is short..
    i did it a little bit more heavy...though it sounds more punk than heavy...but once my friend comes over...we'll do some metal songs...
    but anyways, the recording quality sucks...so no need to bring that part up, and i didnt put in any drums, because i couldnt get it timed rite, but im waiting until i get a professional program like sonar before i go all out crazy...but anyways...here it is...

and....yes...i had to record the main electric rhythm stuff seperate from the little solo things, and thats pretty hard...

hope u like it :D

.;'iGN'iTED';.
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    hey guys sorry for the double post...but some ppl asked me to make more songs...and i did...and like, no replies...lol...well... at least i got good replies earlier. and ill keep making new songs...maybe some LONGER ones...well... cheers

.;'iGN'i'TED';.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    Reverence wasn't very good. There was so much distortion I couldn't tell the difference between notes. It also wasn't very smooth when you were changing between chords, which didn't sound very professional.

The other two though, they were pretty damn good. I'm a sucker for the acoustic sound.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    I'm not trying to be mean, but the amount of distortion had nothing to do with the quality of that riff.

He simply wasn't controlling the sound because of his lack of experience. There is a way to handle distortion so that it's sharp/focused.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading