Pro Tour 2 / Best Dueling Coasters

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Excalibur-trav Well...Your architecture is getting better.  The coaster was poor, there were only 2 or so duel spots, and the timing was bad on those.  I didn't understand how this could be medieval at all.  I mean, marble, wood, and that brownish texture get overused enough trying to portray different themes, and this was nothing near medieval or Slob's medieval section in IOA Cayman.  The foliage lining the paths was awful, it was too consistent, predictable, and didn't flow at all.  I will say, though, that I did enjoy some of the foliage nestled into the landscape at the edge of some of the coaster.  Well, good job, I guess.  You're improving and probably have one of the bonus spots wrapped up.  Although I don't agree with someone getting in for submitting 7 half-assed entries (not that trav's entries are half-assed for him) and coming in last every time, just because of their effort.  I mean, there are probably other parkmakers that chose not to enter every other event due to not wanting to turn in something crappy and small, and would rather enter every fourth or fifth event and come in with something strong and pull 2nd or 3rd.  Yep, it sounds like these people like Steve, or Chapelz, or even Yeshli2nuts (who's done better than it shows), are going to be overlooked.  Shouldn't quality and some decent turnout be more important than quantity and (not to be mean) about 30% of the quality?

Of course nothing has happened yet, and I do not mean in any way to stir up trouble, or offend trav, I just want to point that out.

i guess hard work should also pay out (off. damn prepositions)

but that's all up to iris and so let him decide. if you are unhappy with his decision in the end you can still tell us.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Lol hey aren't those the coasters I was supposed to theme  ;)  Great job man excellent coasters.

They were, I told you I had dibs on them. :)

We were going to theme them together, but that never materialized so here they are.

lol

I built fast but it's very tossed together, the lack of architecture is the main obvious point that way because architecture takes a lot of time to make something decent and I didn't have much of that. Basically I built this at a rate that I don't plan on every buildings again at (3-4 hours a day) and most of the work was uninspired. There's a lot of things I would've liked to do with this I simply didn't have time.

Still glad it won and at least a few people liked it.

ride6
  • Steve%s's Photo
    and ride6 sneaks his way into the pro tour for a second time!

hm. well, i didn't like it. No surprise there, but hey.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading