Related Games / Wonder World RCT3

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    This isn't my park, but I'm so impressed by it that I thought I needed to post an advertisment for it here. This guys is just incredible at creating realism in RCT3. Notice all of the rocks around the riverbed and the detail in the buildings. It's like a throwback to the early days of RCT when most buildings were just basic block shapes. There were a few people who managed to create an infinite variety of realistic buildings with those few block shapes and that same kind of ingenuity is on display here. Check out this sample of screenshots. This is AMAZING stuff here. Sorry if it scews the margins, the pictures are all sorts of sizes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even more impressive, this guy has based the park on a model he constructed:
    Posted Image

I'm going to go ahead and copyright this phrase now:
    shyguy is the Joe Holland of RCT3!

This park has gotten me more excited about RCT parkmaking than I've been in a long time. This is a new Frontier for RCT (I guess the developer name is appropriate) - this is new ground being made. This actually gets me excited about the idea of making a realistic traditional park in RCT again. I hope more people take inspiration from this because it's clear to me that RCT3 is capable of the same great things that RCT and RCT2 are capable of when enough time and effort is put into it.

You can check it out yourself at the Atari forums:
    Park Topic

AND there's a download:

Wonder World with music (30MB)

Wonder World dat file only

To run Wonder World Phase 2, you'll need the Soaked expansion pack for RCT3.

You'll also need the following community made scenery packs.

Cafeen's Letters-Arial
    Cafeen's Letters-Wall Mounted
    JCAT's BLOX
    JCAT's Dark Ride Set
    Klinn's Elctro Set
    Klinn's Frameworks
    MNM's Dark Ride Set

I'm not sure what those scenery items are, but I'm sure with a little searching around the Atari website you could find them. I'm going to download this as soon as I get the chance and check it out up close.

Oh and one more time just to be clear, this is NOT a park that I made. The parkmaker is shyguy at the Atari forums.
  • muuuh%s's Photo
    wooah i love it!
    fucking realistic!

the 2nd screen is the best screen
    really great stuff!
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Ed, you and me should make an RCT3 park... :D

And yes, this park is pretty amazing. I'll have to update my custom scenery list, so you can find those objects needed to view the park.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I'm in love with that third screen.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I was thinking of getting rct3 and soaked and this just tipped me over the edge, it's finally got to the stage where you can create realistic parks, which is exactly what i want from the game.

Amazing screens, my fav is the first and second, but also an amazing model! how old is this guy? I really want to get into model buidling and looking at it makes me want to even more. Its imagineering model quality!

RCTFAN
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Just shows how much potential RCT3 really has, despite all the critics. This makes me want to work on my RCT3 park tonite, yay!
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    It is brilliant. I really could imagine this park in real life. I would like to have seen maybe a bigger coaster but still it looks great. The model seems like a waste, but yet it is really cool looking. I love the model more than every screen there.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Don't really care for RCT3, my graphics card sucks.

But this is one amazing park! He has almost everything detailed. It's one of the best RCT3 parks I have seen.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Also, there's more park than just what you see here. He's building it in phases from what I understand so that it doesn't totally bog down people's computers.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I recently saw this on the Atari RCT3 forums and was fucking amazed.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Ed, you and me should make an RCT3 park...  :D

I've been thinking about giving it a try. There's been some talk of an RCT3 collabo project. Gutterflower I know is into RCT3 and 'Trix and I love the screens you've been showing. Something about this size would be a good starter project. I'm probably not the best person to get that started seeing how I've had Soaked! for a few weeks now and I've played it exactly once. If one of you guys wants to get something going though, you can count me in.
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Meh, those Schwarzkopf loopers just don't look right anymore with the change from classic Looping Star-style to Zonga-style : /

But anyhow, this is quite impressing I must say, this guy clearly has a good eye for realism.
    Altough some buildings and the car ride were lacking imo, there were some pretty nice shots.
    The most impressing was the model of the park though, now wow, that looks so beautiful!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Thanks Ed, for trying to enlighten NE.

This topic just better not have Iris saying it looks too cartoony.
  • disneylandfan%s's Photo
    that last one's a model. cool
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    This park has serious lag issues. But parts of it were very nice. Not sure why it was laggy. It wasn't that big of a park.

Anyway, yes...nice. And I really like the fact that you don't NEED the custom scenery to open it.....if you don't have those pieces, they just don't appear in game.......maybe that's what caused the lag for me...

OK, done rambling.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    wow... 30 megs???

But those screens blow my mind away! THAT'S the kind of stuff I'd like to make once I move onto RCT 3. The waterfront realism is astounding. The treeing and rocks are gorgeous. That first screen is impeccable as well... the waterfall over the bridge and such? Edenesque.

Thanks for this, Ed. It's absolutely amazing.

When it comes to RCT 3, looks like the Atari community has us destroyed. :lol: We'll catch up... ;)
  • Fenix%s's Photo

When it comes to RCT 3, looks like the Atari community has us destroyed. :lol:  We'll catch up... ;)

Well actually, no. The Atari forums are mostly whinny attention whores who want you to praise their shity parks. Some are decent parks but nothing to this level. This guy is in a class of his own.
  • elby%s's Photo
    :'(
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Oh My God....

Those screens look amazing, they definately show RCT3's poitential. If only I had got a computer good enough to run the game...
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    OMG, this guy looks like he uses no clearances!!!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading