General Chat / Things change. People change. What?

• Adix%s's Photo
    I was going to do a long, drawn out post, then realized that my bullshit-o-matic is broken.

Summary: I'm leaving. Mostly. I'm not sure what kind of computer access I'll have.

Why? Because I'm moving to Florida. And working at Disney. Epcot, Future World area. More specifically, Rides.

Yeah, I've left a lot of commitments behind. Broken promises, unfulfillied dreams. However, it had to happen. My personal life was at such a low that I wasn't even doing much of anything regardless... hence being on away for most of this last month (or more? I've lost track of time).

So yeah... This is a goodbye, just in case I don't make it back here for a while.

Other things: NE3 isn't completely dead. If anyone knows how to work with Object-Oriented PHP, email me and I can show you what I've got.

UPL is still a work in progress... Yes, even 3 years later.

Islands Of Adventure is still the greatest thing ever.

Disney is the happiest place on earth. :)

My thanks, apologies, and sincerest best wishes to you all,
    Andrew "Adix" Bates

Edited by Adix, 03 August 2005 - 12:29 PM.

• JKay%s's Photo
    Its a sad, sad day here at NE :(

You'll be dearly missed adix. Thanks for everything you've done for the site.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Don't think of it as goodbye. Think of it as "see you guys later". :)
    But hey, Florida! And Disney to boot. Looks like I'll be seeing you there, Adix. ;) What kind of jobs will you being doing? Ride operator? Store cashier? I'm excited just thinking about it!
  • Atlus%s's Photo
    Goodbye. I'm sure this isn't the end of New Element though.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    :'(

Stop by once in a while.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    You will be missed. :'(
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Im gona go to Disney World and point at you :p

You did some great things here, it is/will be sad to see you go :'(
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Posted Image

:( :'( 8@
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    :'(
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    We're gonna miss you, man...

Hopefully you'll be around here again, at some point. Good luck in the future.
  • postit%s's Photo
    :'( Thanks for everything you've done for the site. Hopefully working at Disney will be a good experience for you.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yup good luck with everything - see you around hopefully.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Hmm.

Terrible personal life...low self-esteem...sudden, inexplicable relocation to Orlando...

You know Adix, you remind me a lot of my father.

You poor, poor bastard.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    fuck, that is a low blow. i remember, jelly fucking hates his father.
    that was a good summer, jelly.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    See what happened?? You bastards ddn't vote Adix for Best Admin. Now he is leaving. Him and his beautiful albino fingers are gone! :'(
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

fuck, that is a low blow.  i remember, jelly fucking hates his father.
    that was a good summer, jelly.

Remember the deer? REMEMBER THEM?!?!? :'(

:l33t:
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    yes. :(
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Bye Adix, you'll will be missed. :'( I hope your leaving isn't a sign of things to come for NE, bad things that is. Mainly since you won't be here to work your magic.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I would imagine someone would startup one of those free boards... then an actual site would start up and corky would run it.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Well I'm glad for you, you certinetly chose a great place to work! Thank you for all your help, both personally and on a community level.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading