Pro Tour 2 / The Official PT2 Predictions Topic

• Xcoaster%s's Photo

i doubt it.  i think fatha's level-headed enough to judge on parkmaking standards, and not basketball.

also, that screen you showed was damned intriguing.  if that's how it's spelled.

View Post

I dunno. I think a three for any park at this stage will take a lot to be warranted. The only way I imagine I might end up agreeing with a score that low is if one of the remaining parks is more of a weird concept piece as opposed to a park. But I have a bad feeling that if the park to get the three is anything like the parks that have just been released, it'll probably be because of something fairly minor. Anyways, I'm going to have to see the park that gets it first, but I'm starting to worry, because I can't imagine how any park now could deserve a 3.

From comparing my park to other entries he's judged, I'm not too worried about my entry getting that score, but I'd definitely want an explanation if that did happen.

I actually have a feeling that it might be Cork, hopefully not because of the reason he gave, but maybe because based on the screen and the details he gave, his entry might be something really unusual (like DJ's or Old Red's entry) and he'll get knocked down because of that. I really hope what happens, though it's really unlikely, is that it's actually the first place park that gets the three, that way there's no bad feelings over what could've been, and that it deserved higher. :nod:

I guess we'll see... who gets the three...
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo

I dunno.  I think a three for any park at this stage will take a lot to be warranted.  The only way I imagine I might end up agreeing with a score that low is if one of the remaining parks is more of a weird concept piece as opposed to a park.  But I have a bad feeling that if the park to get the three is anything like the parks that have just been released, it'll probably be because of something fairly minor.  Anyways, I'm going to have to see the park that gets it first, but I'm starting to worry, because I can't imagine how any park now could deserve a 3. 

From comparing my park to other entries he's judged, I'm not too worried about my entry getting that score, but I'd definitely want an explanation if that did happen. 

I actually have a feeling that it might be Cork, hopefully not because of the reason he gave, but maybe because based on the screen and the details he gave, his entry might be something really unusual (like DJ's or Old Red's entry) and he'll get knocked down because of that.  I really hope what happens, though it's really unlikely, is that it's actually the first place park that gets the three, that way there's no bad feelings over what could've been, and that it deserved higher.  :nod:

I guess we'll see... who gets the three...

View Post

Well, then it's probably Phatage.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Well, then it's probably Phatage.

View Post

Maybe. I imagine something like Epica could've been torn into for various reasons. Plus, I have Phatage currently as most likely to win, so if he won and got the three, then we'd be set.

Edited by Xcoaster, 04 March 2006 - 05:47 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    5 Steve
    4 Phatage
    3 ride6
    2 Xcoaster
    1 Corkscrewed
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Remaining Scores (03/04/06):

Iris: 9 10 12 13 14
    natelox: 8 10 11 13 14
    Toon: 9 11 12 13 14
    Fatha: 3 10 12 13 14
    Panic: 9 10 11 13 14
    Turtle: 9 10 12 13 14

I'm thinking 5th or 4th place is going to get the 3. There'd have to be a pretty big difference in opinion for 1st to get it.

I say:

5. ride6
    4. Xcoaster
    3. Steve
    2. Corkscrewed
    1. Phatage

-ACE
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    5. Xcoaster
    4. Steve (or titan?)
    3. ride6
    2. Cork
    1. Phatage
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    :) I can't believe it, I really made it into the top 5 and therefore made well on my word. Well then Steve and Xcoaster, so did you two and that's rather incredible when you think about it. 60% of the top five are non-parkmakers...

ride6
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    WERE non-parkmakers. ;)

Anyway, some analysis of cBass's incredibly nifty scores chart...

The minimum score (as JKay mentioned in the DisneyAIR thread) is 72, so it will finish at least nine points ahead of third place.

The maximum score anyone can get will be 82 points out of a perfect 84. You can thank Turtle doling out his perfect score to the bronze park for that. :p

Here's what the judges have left to give:
    Iris: 13 . 14
    Natelox: 13 . 14
    Toon: 12 . 14
    Fatha: 12 . 14
    Panic: 13 . 14
    Turtle: 9 . 12

We've officially got Phatage, Titan, Trav, and myself left in the running, although realistically, I think everyone knows who the top two are gonna be (but lets adhere to code by not actuallly identifying anything ;)).

Should be an interesting Final. I'm guessing #2 comes out Saturday; #1 comes out Monday.

I'll be in San Francisco on Monday (Spring Break), so yeah. Iris better get FTP by then!!!! :p
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    If need be, he can mail them to me. :D
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Hey! You just keep things running!! Now back to the monkey wheel!!!! :mad: :mad:
  • postit%s's Photo
    I don't get spring break until a month from tomorrow. :'(

But yeah. Phatage 1, Cork 2. 2 of my 4 favorite parkmakers. :D
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo

Should be an interesting Final.  I'm guessing #2 comes out Saturday; #1 comes out Monday. I'll be in San Francisco on Monday (Spring Break), so yeah.  Iris better get FTP by then!!!! :p

OR

you could release #2 later tonight and #1 on Sunday ;)
  • Emergo%s's Photo

WERE non-parkmakers. ;)

Should be an interesting Final.  I'm guessing #2 comes out Saturday; #1 comes out Monday.

I'll be in San Francisco on Monday (Spring Break), so yeah.  Iris better get FTP by then!!!! :p

View Post

Well..... as #2 did not come out on Saturday (at least not untill now), #2 will come out on sunday I guess, and then #1 on tuesday.
    This circles nicely around Cork's "problem- monday".

So, it seems vital that Cork can be around when #1 is released.........

So, I can only assume that #1 must be Corky's park..... :birthday:
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    2. Corkscrewed
    1. Phatage

Judging by DisneyAir, they'd better be damn good parks, too.

-ACE
  • Ride6%s's Photo

WERE non-parkmakers. ;)

Amen to that.

:)

Ride6
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'm in San Fran till Thursday, actually. So that wouldn't be it. Nice try tho, Emergo.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    I'm guessing Phatage will win this contest :rolleyes: . Not sure though :p .
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Im gona start checking RCT2.com for the release of Phatage' park :mad:
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    What's the holdup, Iris?
  • Emergo%s's Photo

What's the holdup, Iris?

View Post

ehhh.... might be that Cork is not back till Thursday night....?

In the meantime there's a nice long period to view and make a lot of comments on Cork's park, and a "nice" long anticipation time for Phatage's winning park, and Corky does not have to miss anything.

Just a guess though.... (my former guess was wrong anyway :lol: )

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading