News / The Future of NE

• iris%s's Photo
    OK, lots to discuss. Me and Adix have been thinking of different ways to promote NE's growth, and we think we've got some good ideas going.
    Adix proposed that NE is too "Iris-oriented", and I agree. Often times, I'm getting overwhelmed with so many tasks, that I just don't feel like doing any. I would think that the same goes for our graphics guy, Zach, who often times gets piled up with parkmaker graphics, spotlight graphics, List graphics, and formerly Weekly Design graphics. Way too much to ask of one person. Corkscrewed helps with logos for spotlights, but we need a lot more help than that.

Idea #1: An NE Graphics Team
    I think that of all things, this would really benefit NE the most right now. We would still use Zach as our "Graphics President", and he would basically be fully responsible for the Graphics Team. Ty would be second-in-command of this staff. This would be a completely separate staff of people, and Ty & Zach will do the majority of the picking for the team. Adix and myself will approve in the end though. Now, we are looking for 4 or 5 Graphics People who would be interested in helping out New Element. With the addition of more graphics people, many features could be brought back, updated more frequently, or added. This team will be responsible for practically ALL of NE's graphics now, EXCEPT SPOTLIGHT. If you think that you would like to hold one of these positions, reply. You will then be contacted by either Zach, Ty, or myself, and we will be looking for examples of your work. You MUST be flexible, willing to work (a lot in some cases), and you must be confidential with some of the things you will be let in on

Idea #2: Park Database/Repo's
    Like back in the "good ol' days" of Danimation, just a place for nonparkmakers to post their parks. There would not be fancy screens for the parks, or logos or anything, but you would have your park on NE, where lots of people will see it and download. Now, something that may cause a little bit of problems are, we will not host the parks. We don't have the room for NE to host all these parks. So, if you can host them/find a host, you can post it in our database. This will be completely member-run, you will post your own park, nobody else will have anything to do with it.

Idea #3-Integrating Past RCT-Real Coaster Content
    Now, I posted this idea a little while back, but it got burried with the "problems of NE thread". Now, NE *could* try and start from scratch with coaster content, but really, nobody would notice (outside of the loyal NE members) that NE is integrating into coaster content. What we are looking for is a GOOD site that could become "part of NE". We are looking for a good site, with a good name, and most importantly, good content. The webmaster of this site will have full control over their portion of the site, although it would now be under the NE name. This could help out any good, struggling site looking for hits, and can help a good webmaster get his content out there to a more widespread audience. The webmaster would for the most part, be on the same level as Adix & myself in terms of control, as they would control the coaster/park section of NE, and me & Adix would run the RCT section of NE.

Idea #4-Bringing Back Weekly Designs
    It seems that these things were more popular than Adix or myself anticipated, as lots of people have tried to rally to bring these things back. I sorta miss them as well, so I think bringing them back would be benefitial to everyone. Now, this will be a good example of the benefits of the Graphics Team, as they will be responsible for Weekly Designs, The List, Parkmakers, etc. We would put up a limit for how many entries we got per week, since we started to get way too many towards the end there, probably somewhere in the 3-5 range.

Idea #5-Mod Pages
    Since we have basically unlimited domains with our awesome Gearhost host, we're gonna start taking advantage of that. Every mod on staff of New Element will get their own page, really to do whatever they want with it. Really, we don't care what you do with it, you can literally do whatever you want, but the content must not be overly offensive (glares at Harakiri & Ty). If you'd like, you can just link your NE Domain over to something else. For example, Kai could make kai.nedesigns.com transfer over to the RCTM Club website. It's really a blank canvas that you can do whatever it is you want with.

Idea #6-Affiliates
    We are looking out for affiliates now. We will not take every single site that applies, but we are looking for good sites to be connected with. We just recently became affiliates with RCT Station, will be more publicly announced in a couple days. We are looking for not only RCT sites, but also coaster sites. Reply if you wish to be an affiliate.

Side Note: Webmaster-In-Training
    Adix is looking for someone who may possibly become webmaster/co-webmaster of NE. Don't even bother applying if you don't know HTML You MUST be able to make a page in Notepad (or equivilent) - Even if you normally use Dreamweaver/Frontpage/Other. You must know at least basic PHP (Or Perl.... conversion between them is not very difficult)... and you must be able to use MySQL, or be willing to learn how."

We'd like to make NE a site run by the members with us simply guiding and keeping things smooth.... if you have other (serious) suggestions to give members more of a roll on NE, tell us!
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    Do you happen to need writers for anything? Besides theme park writing, since I can't get to theme parks that often... but I can write pretty much anything else.

If you need samples of my work, get me on AIM. You know my screen name.

-Steel Falcon-
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Hey hey!

I am interested in a graphics position, it depends on what you want. I can do lots in PS and I am a 3d modeler too. So contact me I can show you something, or make you something witch ever you prefer. Thanks for your time.
  • Aviator%s's Photo
    I am willing to help wherever needed... not skilled highly in nething but I have some skills in most areas.

If your willing to teach im willing to learn.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Weekley Designs. NOW.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'd volunteer for graphics stuff, but U know how I can get backed up sometimes, and I have nowhere the responsibilities of Zach, who does a great job.

I'd like to volunteer my site as an affiliate (I've talked to U about that before, Iris). Heck, I'd offer it as an integration into NE, except that I barely have time to update it, except during breaks, LOL....

However, if U somehow got me more space, I'd actually be willing to transfer it over or something. Plus, more space would mean that I could update it w/ the full features that I'd hope for. Talk to me sometime. I'd love to contribute somehow to the coaster section.

:D
  • Foltzanator%s's Photo
    I think bringing back the weekly designs is a good idea, me , personally I cannot help with any of the graphics and web design since I do not quite have any of the great skills some of the people out there do. I am in full support of the site and will help with anything I can, just let me know what else you need......
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    I like this. The affialites will might bring some more people here, and if you get real coaster content, maybe even more. Getting the WD's is many people wish, and a repo would be good for the non parkmakers.

Robo
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I can't help you with anything much, except maybe 3D modelling. I've been modelling for four years now, and can model a few things. I made a 30 second animation of a "The life of a Duracell Battery". Thrilling stuff, really.
  • posix%s's Photo
    This NE-Revolution was really necessary I think. It'll turn out great, I'm sure...

You know I'd love to help wherever I can. One thing I may do are the screenshots for spotlights, weekly designs, maybe even for people's upcomming parks (if they'd let me). I think I'm quite good at that.. see FOK-Thread...
    However, I coulnd't host them =/

u can trust me I have the will to help not only cos NE is my startup site and I'm here like 7-10 times a day so... I'd be glad to be a trainee but... have no clue of PHP nor HTML. Anyway, I think I could learn them pretty fast... so, it's up to you ;)

I hope these plans will be appreciated by everyone here.
  • bocoson%s's Photo
    I'll apply for a graphics position, please. Contact me and I'll show you some stuff, or I can make something that you could specify etc. Hope to hear from you. :)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    defintely get some affilates as more people will visit the site.

Weekly designs has gotta come back, i thought that was a great idea in the first place and its gotta be brought back
  • Killjoy%s's Photo
    Captain
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Wow all sounds awesome. theres going to be great thinks that happen to this site.

I would like to apply for the graphics postion as well. I'm studing Illustration now and most of it is slighty graphics based. I'm always on my pc mucking about on all my programs such as photoshop I may not be great like Zach and so one but I can have ago ill try and find some exsamples of my work aswell.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Definetly bring back the weekly designs because it that will bring in some of the RCT2 content that some people think NE needs.

I dunno about the mods pages though, they seem a little pointless if they are not going to have any specific theme to them but what ever the mod feels like.
  • KiDWolf%s's Photo

BRING BACK WEEKLY DESGINS

And drop some more spotlights!
  • Guestzeppelin%s's Photo
    I like the idea of the mod pages ;) I'm new at these boards, and I think knowing more (and not just about RCT) about the peeps here would be great, esp. their other interests, etc.

Great Site BTW.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Idea #5-Mod Pages
    Since we have basically unlimited domains with our awesome Gearhost host, we're gonna start taking advantage of that. Every mod on staff of New Element will get their own page, really to do whatever they want with it. Really, we don't care what you do with it, you can literally do whatever you want, but the content must not be overly offensive (glares at Harakiri & Ty). If you'd like, you can just link your NE Domain over to something else. For example, Kai could make kai.nedesigns.com transfer over to the RCTM Club website. It's really a blank canvas that you can do whatever it is you want with.

YAHOOOOO!

Finally, a good domain name for my future site. Thankyou so much!

Basically, my site is based on comment, relaxation and perhaps (if I can find one) a nifty little search for you to find where parks are hosted on the net. If you want to write an article or something, then that'd be cool :)

I'm going to be writing some on things like water use, park layout and perhaps some mini-fan-pages for certain people. Hopefully it'll be interesting, and there should be some 'fun' things too.

Woohoo!
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Thoes ideas all sound very useful, it will be interesting to see how NE develops over time. Personaly, I think making the site more focused on all aspects of roller coasters would be the biggest step twoards expanding the site without losing the focus. This would include coaster and park info, along with coverage of all coaster games including stuff like NL. I know you dont like NL, but it is definatly a fairly big game on the internet at the moment. I think it would be interesting to create new coaster content rather than merging with another site. From the current member base I bet you could get at least one person to cover nearly every park in the US at least. The mod pages could also get really interesting. Weekly designs will probably be big if you bring them back right now because people have been messing around with small projects, such as themed coasters, to get used to RCT2... and I can definatly see where a graphics team would help out.
  • shortdude%s's Photo
    I'd like to help with the webmaster. i know html/css/javascript(basic)/php(very little but i am willing to learn). oh and i use good ole fashion notepad

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading