General Chat / The Official 2005-2006 NFL Discussion Thread

• JKay%s's Photo
    Well, its that time of year again. That time of year where Sundays become a man's day with his beer and BBQ. Week 1 of the 2005-2006 NFL Season starts today (well, actually started on Thursday). Please discuss your favorite teams, players, coaches and anything else related to the best sport in America.

Here are my Fantasy starters for today:

QB B. Favre
    WR J. Walker
    WR I. Bruce
    WR J. Gaffney
    RB T. Barber
    RB J. Jones
    TE J. Shockey
    K M. Stover
    DEF Atlanta

GO GREEN BAY!
  • trav%s's Photo
    What is the NFL? :it:
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Rams are going to suck this year... :(
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Threepeat.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I hope the eagles make it again.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    titans will probably blow it again.

>=(
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Bumpin' this biatch.

Go Steelers.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Green Bay severely disappointed me in Week 1, so I dropped Javon Walker (torn ACL, out for the season anyway) and will be starting Steve McNair instead of Bret Farve this week. (on my fantasy team)

I have a really good feeling about the Colts this year. I think it could be their year. They looked good on Monday night.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    One fast draft pick does not a good team make.
  • Infernoman%s's Photo

I have a really good feeling about the Colts this year.  I think it could be their year.  They looked good on Monday night.

Im pulling for the Colts as well...again.
    Though, they played on Sunday night, not Monday. ;)
  • trav%s's Photo

What is the NFL?  :it:

• penguinBOB%s's Photo
    National Footbal Leage.

it's american football, most americans love it as much as you guys love football over there. it would suck over there if you didn't like football, but over here we have choices: MLS, MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA...
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Go COLTS!

My starters:

QB - P. Manning
    WR - T. Owens
    WR - I. Bruce
    WR - Ke. Johnson
    RB - D. McAllister
    RB - T. Barber
    TE - D. Clark
    K - M. Stover
    DEF - Tampa
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

National Footbal Leage.

it's american football, most americans love it as much as you guys love football over there.  it would suck over there if you didn't like football, but over here we have choices:  MLS, MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA...

Who pays attention to MLS, seriously.
    Third-rate soccer like that is half the reason it's never caught on here.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    true, but choices are choices.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Ravens home jerseys in week one were SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
  • gir%s's Photo

Threepeat.

Oh my gawd Panthers beat the Patriots and I was at the game! I was thinking "oh great, here we go" when the Patriots scored the first TD but, wow! :D
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I wouldn't get too excited. That was the most poorly played Super Bowl rematch (on both sides) I've ever seen. Jesus.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Hmm, typical Patriots fan response. :p After the game some Patriots fans were taunting me (a 15-year-old) about not getting too excited over one game, though uh, I was just walking. Way to be a drunk, retarded, sore loser.

The game itself though, pretty awesome 12th man action...the wave stayed alive for about 5 revolutions!
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Not a bad stomping of the Texans. Willie Parker is fucking the man. Aswell as Troy Polamalu.

The Patsies are next.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading