General Chat / Nintendo Reveals Revolution Controller

• Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    http://www.nintendo....R2nK&page=other

All I have to say is: don't judge a book by it's cover. It may not look conventional, but that's because it isn't. If I've learned one thing from Nintendo in the past, it is that they make things that seem impractical come out great.

The possibilities for this is endless.
    http://hardware.game...5143-2567-4-6-x
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Although yes, I have to agree and say 'yuck' to the controller's looks, I don't doubt they're going to design something that is totally unusable to newer and older users alike. Still, I'd like to see ALL the features of the controller as well as the Revolution itself. And I mean SEE them.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    PS3's controller don't look so bad now... but I can't imagine myself using a controller with one hand. I mean, how the heck are you gonna play Super Smash on it? :(

Anyway, I hope to see the different uses for it, or optional old school style controllers.

EDIT: NVM, that second link has different uses. So pretty cool, actually, if the actual controller can sense direction and direct movement that way.
  • vTd%s's Photo
    Nintendo just wants to keep digging themselves a deeper hole.

Looks like a disaster.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    I gotta say that the possibilities are endless for this control scheme. It could either work really good or really bad. But kudos for Nintendo for trying something new.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

When picked up and pointed at the screen, the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.

So you move the entire controller instead of pushing buttons for certain actions. Sounds dubious to me.

But I also don't think Nintendo would sell this thing unless it was good. They spent millions building and testing the thing.
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    yay, another remote... That would look good next to my xbox, ps2, tv, dvd, vcr, versatel, etcetera-collection :/
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    Yea, if you dont see how this is a blessing for gamers, I just happen to think you're dumb.

You guys use computers, and are COMPLAINING about a 3D mouse?
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    I'm not compalining about the 3d mouse-part, I'm complaining because of the LOOK. I mean, look at it. Is it anything original? I'm afraid I'll lose it, like what happens to all my other remote controllers.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    If it is easy to use and all works perfectly, this could be absolutely awesome, but I can imagine there being some kinda fault or setback to it which will make it hard to use and frustrating. Surely they will release a normal controller. Not all games will be able to be used with this thing will they? Also, the expense of buying a second controller is somewhat questionable?

Metro B)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i think it's a pretty damn cool idea.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    I've always been happy with the classic playstation controller.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    This is great, now you can hold your controller in one hand and drink a beer--err, Pepsi in the other!
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

Yes! The best controller there is (Dual Shock or not).

Nintendo's always tried to hard to come up with something revolutionary. Sometimes it works (Game Boy Advance, NES), but many times it doesn't (N64 Controller, Virtual Boy), and this one's just going to end up in the "doesn't" pile.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    N64 controller wasn't so bad for golden eye, fuck, that game rocked.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

Let's not forget that Nintendo pretty much invented both the analogue stick and the rumble pack. Both of which your precious Playstation controller stole after.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    god dammit don't even start that shit.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I just realized also, that while you could use your free hand to have a cold drink while gaming, you could also use your free hand for...well you know, if you're one of those freaks who gets off on cyber video game chicks.

And if this thing rumbles like most controllers...uh.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I just realized also, that while you could use your free hand to have a cold drink while gaming, you could also use your free hand for...well you know, if you're one of those freaks who gets off on cyber video game chicks.

Why you even thought of that worries me.
  • RMM%s's Photo

Another one of Nintendos features. Bein able to play wit and wack off to Princess Peach as the same time.

-RMM- *)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading