Releases / Lake Rash Mount

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LAKE RASH MOUNT
    By ride6 and Splash-O

Click here to view and download the park.

Discuss your thoughts here.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Congrats, Ride6 and Splash-O... from the screens it looks quite flashy... I knew this would win guys.. further comments after I view it.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Great job guys glad you finally got it:)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    okay, now the first one to reply who isn't from rctX ;)X
    Anyway the runner-up status is accurate. It isn't much more than that. There are some nice spots here and there, but it's a bit unfortunate that the screens do more for me than the actual park, but hey, congrats ;)
  • X250%s's Photo
    Just took an in depth look around, kind of.

It was okayish, nothing really that special really. The woodie had a nice layout, and i liked the entrance area. But the park is very rushed, and to me, looks very unfinished. There are a ton of bare spots with just, nothing there. The Launched coaster is 'permanantly broken down' and there is only a single custom support on the invert coaster!
    The colours did not seem to work for me either, and even though i did like the Mala style log-flume, it looked like a carbon-copy of it (pink structures).

The park did have its good points though, it served up quite a nice atmosphere in parts and some of the coaster designs were quite ambitious and original. Well done on runner-up.

-X-
  • jon%s's Photo
    It was a good park guys. A bit cluttered in places but still good. Some of the coasters had weak layouts in parts but it had some wonderful innovative ideas here and there which made this park worthy of a runner up I feel. Good job.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    hot damn, that is fucking beautiful guys.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Aint like it. Too rushed... it looked too weak in places.

I like they layout of the inverted and the wooden tho.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I can't access the park as I no longer have access to RCT2, but from the screens it looks really good, especially the log flume. I look forward to taking a look at this in christmas. My one suggestion would be to either custom support none or all of the coaster. I dislike inconsistancy.

Metro B)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Was a good park but was missing the little detail things to make it a really good park for me. Be sure to take the time to polish the park before releasing it such as path elements (fences, benches, lamps). Over half the park was missing these.

Custom supports. Either do all of them or none. Don't just place one or two because it gives the effect that you rushed it and forgot to finish it.

All in all, I agree with the above comments that it looked rush but what you did have looked good and was fun to look at.

James
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'm sure both the valley area and the western area with the woodie (both of mine) were some reason for these comments. I can explain, however not justify, why those areas lacked a lot of heartfelt parkmaking. Probably first and foremost this was never my primary project and therefore I was never concentrating on just this and secondly when I started both areas I did some of my best work at the time on them, but then I went off and did Light Shaddows Valley and some h2h related stuff before I got back to this. By then this was "work" and I had to decide whether to rip everything I did out and start over or to just slap together enough on what was there to make it worthy of being viewed. I chose the later even though I knew it wasn't the noble one because I knew I lacked the modivation to restart both areas, sure I might've been able to get through one but the other would've been pushed off or just eliminated.

Splah-0 and I are planning to build another much better park together under the rctx banner again after I'm done with the PT2. So look for that. :)

ride6
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    I loved it. I hate parks that are so busy and fancy and full of architecture that's really just crowding. The nice open feeling of this park was awesome. The coaster designs were nice. The only thing I don't really like about this park is that there seemed to be a lack of color variation. It was mostly all light browns, and reds and greens. Of course some sections had a few others but mostly that's pretty general about the whole park.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Coming after my record of 5 RCT2 runner-ups ride6? :p

It was ok, I liked the tub shooter thing, and the really big mountain next to the log flume and that was nice to with the huge layout.

6 of 10 or something, weak runner-up imo, but still congrats :birthday:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    This makes 4 and MJR should be coming soon.

I might even beat you to spotlight. ;)

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I might even beat you to spotlight.  ;)

Well I could still say I beat you to Parkmaker :p
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^So true.

:p

And I agree this is a weaker runner up, maybe next time Splash and I will take our time and do it right...

ride6
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Cool Park. No Spotlight ok but i loved the Woodie. Great Job here guys :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    It looks pretty nice but I miss a bit detail :( .
    but congrats with youre runner-up ;) .
  • PBJ%s's Photo

And I agree this is a weaker runner up, maybe next time Splash and I will take our time and do it right...

ride6

Bullshit!

this was awsome! and don't tell us that you are not proud of it!
    i mean! i love it... and it's a great park in the RCT:X Db!!!
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    Thanks for the replies and the runner-up :)

Yes I agree on the fact that the park is not very amazing. The reasons being:
    It's old, almost a year ago I started construction on the entrance area and since most of my work was done then it should make sense. And secondly, this park was never our primary project as Ride6 has explained. It's just a park where I worked on when I felt like it, just for fun. :)

Anyway, me and Ride6 are planning another project and my solo (Port Azure) is making good progress, so look out for that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading