General Chat / lost

• JBruckner%s's Photo
    anyone see it tonight? i thought it was great.
    discuss.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Umm. The episode in the uk last night was the one where they tried to find the inhaler cartons.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm still watching season 1. We watched 6 episodes today, 6 yesterday, 4 the day before, and I missed the 4 before that, but I'll skip them for now. 4 more to go. We had someone record the new episode, so we can watch it once we're ready.

And that's why I haven't gotten much work done on my PT entry recently. :twitch:
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Episode 1 Spoilers Below.... dont read if you dont want to be spoiled, if you havent seen episode 1

I saw it tonight... It was a great episode, I honestly thought they'd start revealing some stuff, but it seems like they are just making it more twisted then first season.. I wonder if the "black smoke" that Locke refered to as the creature that almost killed is the same black smoke that the french women referred to in season 1... and I still cant understand wtf Walt said when he saw shannon...

But I agree it was awesome as always :0
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Bloody BRILLIANT!!!!!

I am so glad that they warped the show this way, rather than have it be some kind of dream thing, or a heaven/hell, thing.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    It was great!! I love this show!

Waiting another week is unfair. Anyways, this thing is a piece of genious.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    I loved it.

Last season I had only watched the finally, and a few bits and pieces here and there. I just hate how they always leave you hangin'.... but alas, if they gave away too much, the series would come to a quick end.
  • iPark%s's Photo

I wonder if the "black smoke" that Locke refered to as the creature that almost killed is the same black smoke that the french women referred to in season 1... and I still cant understand wtf Walt said when he saw shannon...

SPOILERS BELOW

No, it's two different types of black smoke as far as I'm aware. One was a "monster," which attacked Locke; the other is a column of black smoke (much darker and thicker), presumably from a fire lit by the Others to signal their arrival.
    And as for what Walt said.. You have to listen to it backwards. He said "Push the button," then something else (nothing important - I can't remember it now). As in the button which Locke told Jack not to press at the end (the execute button on the keyboard). There are MP3s going around on lost fansites if you want to hear it.

Great episode though. It seems like they've switched it up a gear this season. I hope it stays as exciting.. it began to get a little slow in places last year. I have no idea where they're gonna take it now.. The Quarantine sign was interesting..
  • inVersed%s's Photo

[And as for what Walt said.. You have to listen to it backwards. He said "Push the button," then something else (nothing important - I can't remember it now). As in the button which Locke told Jack not to press at the end (the execute button on the keyboard). There are MP3s going around on lost fansites if you want to hear it.

Strange, I am really fascinated to fin out more about that computer... and what it does. Erg! can't wait for the next episode.
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    it was awesome....but i didnt get the whole thing about the guy living underground...it was weird.....along with the blue alien light thingy...
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    i watched bits and pieces of the pilot last year but i never really got hooked on the show. i watched the emmeys on sunday and was suprised seeing lost win for best series. i didnt really know much about the show and didnt know it was that good. anyways, last night i watched the recap hour before the season premier and then i watched the episode. i must say, i was blown away. was last season's episodes as good as last night's? i really like my tv shows (24, house, seinfeld) but i must say, i think yesterday's episode was the best single episode of any show i have ever seen. i am extremely looking forward to next wednesday.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    One of my favorite shows.....

Was the guy with the gun the same guy Jack talked to when he was running the steps in the stadium?? My son said...duh...to me...but anyhoo..I didn't really see that. Guess it was??

I wish I had the whole first season to watch again because I feel like there were parts I should have paid more attention to...

I also love 24 but I couldn't get into it as much last season for some reason.
  • iPark%s's Photo

i watched bits and pieces of the pilot last year but i never really got hooked on the show.  i watched the emmeys on sunday and was suprised seeing lost win for best series.  i didnt really know much about the show and didnt know it was that good.  anyways, last night i watched the recap hour before the season premier and then i watched the episode.  i must say, i was blown away.  was last season's episodes as good as last night's?  i really like my tv shows (24, house, seinfeld) but i must say, i think yesterday's episode was the best single episode of any show i have ever seen.  i am extremely looking forward to next wednesday.

Yeah.. they were really good. Last night's was one of the best though, but there were a couple last series that were really good. Towards the end (the big extended episodes - Exodus) it got really great.
    The pilot was a little bit boring.. It dragged on a little.

I think Desperate Housewives should have won over Lost. Then again, I love em both. And Nip/Tuck :D
  • iPark%s's Photo

Was the guy with the gun the same guy Jack talked to when he was running the steps in the stadium?? My son said...duh...to me...but anyhoo..I didn't really see that. Guess it was??

Yeah. Couldn't you tell from the (ridiculously strong) Scottish accent?
    Your son's right ;)
  • Valp%s's Photo

I think Desperate Housewives should have won over Lost. Then again, I love em both.

Lost was entered as a drama, while Desperate Housewives was entered as a comedy (where it was beat by Everybody Loves Raymond, which is fine with me).
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo

as the guy above me said, the irish accent but also when jack saw him he said "you" and desmond's line "i'll see you in another lifetime" could mean something.

also, i might have missed this in the first season, but do we know how long the time differance between jack's flashbacks to the time they are on the island is? that could play a part as how and why desmond got into the hatch.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    i thought the walt thing was amazingly creepy, and i cannot believe that they played something backwards. that says so much!
    wow, this season is loads better than last.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    ^What did they play backwards?

Anyways, I can't believe people don't know that the guy was Desmond. I am REALLY starting to think that the island is a purgatory. Desmond said, "I'll see you in another lifetime". But, that would be way too easy.

Anyways, I cannot wait for the next episode.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    i reall don't think theya re going to pulll some of that they are all dead and this is their hell shit.
    that would be stupid.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

also, i might have missed this in the first season, but do we know how long the time differance between jack's flashbacks to the time they are on the island is?  that could play a part as how and why desmond got into the hatch.

Apparently the flashback's Jack had in the season premiere were from 1997 as that is what the year is on his hospital ID (at least that's what I heard at a Lost fansite.

Geoff, they played the dialogue Walt said in his conversation with Shannon in reverse... The exact words are still disputed even when played through correctly.

I really am unsure about the Island, it may be some purgatory, but I am not sure yet. I actually have been quite the follower of the theory that says that the Island at one time was an advanced research facility for some form of technology unknown to man kind, sort of like a magnetic field or something, thats how I believe the plane(s) were brought down and I also believed that is what enabled Locke to walk.... What I am really unsure about are the Others (is Walt an other now?), I cant figure out are the sub-human or what and I am really unsure about the islands "security system" or what exactly is it.... I hope these are answered this season.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading