(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Pagoda Hill

• RCTCA%s's Photo
    Hello everyone. Here is a mini park made from the micro park workbench with all land and rides. It is named Pagoda Hill. The park includes:

A flying coaster named Komodo Dragon.
    And a raft ride.

Here is a screen. Hope you enjoy!

Posted Image

Download

-Parkmaker-
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Everyone just shut up now.

but, looks like you had fun. so congrats on that.
  • RMM%s's Photo

But... but.... but... :rolleyes: .

Take your time. Them are the ugliest colors I have ever seen put together... the maroon red and the green. I can't say much bout it.

-RMM- :|
  • JKay%s's Photo
    parkmaker dude, I have to ask, what are you trying to prove?

Sorry tracid, but this is getting ridiculous.

This one looks like all the others. Sloppy, unorganized and rushed.

:devil:
  • posix%s's Photo

parkmaker dude, I have to ask, what are you trying to prove?

i wonder that, too.
    don't mean you any bad though, parkmaker.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    As long as you have fun with park, in which it does seemt the case, then it shouldn't matter as long you're not trying to prove anything.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    for future reference:

as a general rule, the structures in the game just lok horrible when combined with custom architecture, so keep those to a minimal. besides, the pagodas and buildings the game gives you are all so horridly out of proportion to the people who would supposedly use them... its just ridiculous.
  • Richie%s's Photo

[ntamin22,Sep 27 2005, 07:27 PM] for future reference:

as a general rule, the structures in the game just lok horrible when combined with custom architecture, so keep those to a minimal. besides, the pagodas and buildings the game gives you are all so horridly out of proportion to the people who would supposedly use them... its just ridiculous.

Let him build how he wants. Your telling him not to do things.
  • artist%s's Photo

but, looks like you had fun.  so congrats on that.

hmmm
  • Ride6%s's Photo

[ntamin22,Sep 27 2005, 07:27 PM] for future reference:

Okay, that's just nutty. Sure he didn't use the games buildings "correctly" with his own however it's actually something that might be so showing him evolving a little. After all most of the greatest LL parks (imo) such as Mt. Sin, WOMB, CoD, EotFR and many more use the games objects mixed with "custom made" architecture to great advanatages. Just look at some of Eds h2h2 parks if you don't believe me. There are game buildings in there, they're just very well intigrated into the main body of the architecture so it's harder to notice.

ride6
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments. :D Keep em' coming.
    -Parkmaker-
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    It looks pretty nice. I just have a problem with the coaster. It's a flying coaster, so why not make it flying? You spend 95% of the time on your back, only going to the flying position for the inversions. If you're going to make it like this, I suggest you use a different type of coaster.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If he's trying to 'prove' anything, it's that he's actually playing the damn game and (possibly) liking it. Also that he likes sharing his stuff. Neither of which, to me, seem that offensive?
  • Carl%s's Photo
    parkmaker, I congratulate you on having the balls to post your work on this, the most critical of RCT sites. :yup:

Also, do all of the "at least he's having fun" comments mean that you expert parkmakers are NOT having fun when you build your award-winning parks?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

parkmaker, I congratulate you on having the balls to post your work on this, the most critical of RCT sites.  :yup:

Also, do all of the "at least he's having fun" comments mean that you expert parkmakers are NOT having fun when you build your award-winning parks?

no. but it's always a good thing to have fun is it not? which is what it seems he is doing.
  • JKay%s's Photo

parkmaker, I congratulate you on having the balls to post your work on this, the most critical of RCT sites.  :yup:

Good point. Having fun is (and should be) the #1 reason for playing RCT. Its a stress reliever and a creative outlet. I have tremendous joy playing RCT. But at the same time, I see the game as a challenge and take each project as a opportunity to improve and build something bigger and better than I did previously. parkmaker obviously has different motivators. If slapping out a design or mini in a couple days to warrant some kind of response from the community is his thing, then so be it. I have nothing wrong with that. If he's having fun, then great, but I don't understand why he doesn't strive to become a better or more stylistic RCT player. I guarantee him he'll have more fun if he does so. He's released what, half a dozen projects now, none of which demonstrate any improved creativity, nor implied thought to improve at all. Its just wierd to me. I guess its almost like playing a sport for leisure, instead of competition, regardless of your skill level.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Maybe he just evolves slower? Unlike some of us *Ahem* Posted Image
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments everyone. :l33t:
    -Parkmaker- :it:
  • Guest_Hawk_%s's Photo
    :lol: are you THAT clueless? there practicly dissing on you (except re) Nice work btw (well, not like most parks at this site).
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Good micro park, just how it's supposed to be -- densely packed. Have you ever took a look at the Revolution Project? Some good inspiration to be found in there, you ought to look in there so you can find better ways to compact your stuff, build the structures, etc. :it:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading