(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Dragons Cove

• X250%s's Photo
    I was looking through my old LL files from my old computer, and i found i had saved an ancient copy of my first ever park. I looked around and i really enjoyed looking back at it, sure it may have twenty to thirty coasters, minimal pathing.... But i really enjoyed looking around.

Warning, it wont be brilliant. But yet again, first parks very rarely are. :p

My computer wont let me open, or modify PCX files so i have included one in the zip file- see if anyone has more luck than me. So, yeah i built this waaaaay back when LL came out- as you can probably tell. But its quite fun to look at, especially the dueling vertical coasters in the top right corner lol.
    btw- i hit the object data limit i think.

Hope you like it.

Download & Screen

-X-
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    here ya go X:

Posted Image
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    X you improved! this creen is the best l+ike all the screens we have seen of you!

J/K

it´s fun to see a master (yes you are IMO) posting very poor things of his RCT history... never the less my start was way much with a lower level...
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Shit man, I wish my first ever LL park looked that good
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    LL wasn't out in 1998. Anyway, reminds me of the parks back in the original RCT days.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Did you have a bootleg copy or something? Roller Coaster Tycoon alone didn't come out until 1999.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    No, he has a time machine.

But that screen totally reminds me of my Alray Parks... of which only Iris knows the existence. Good times... :lol:

EDIT: Actually, my Alray Parks were much, much worse. :D
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

No, he has a time machine.

But that screen totally reminds me of my Alray Parks... of which only Iris knows the existence.  Good times... :lol:

EDIT: Actually, my Alray Parks were much, much worse. :D

you forget me.
    :(
  • X250%s's Photo
    Wasn't it out in '98? Well, you know... A long time ago or summat.

-X-
  • Richie%s's Photo
    You willy wrinkle!
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Confirm'd.

Anyway, nice park, X.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    the game came out october of 1999.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Ah... brings back many memories!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

the game came out october of 1999.

Erm... I remember getting it in April of 1999... *shrug*
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Erm... I remember getting it in April of 1999... *shrug*

I think it must've been October of 98 or something for the original because I got it in a two pack with Corkscrew Follies in Augest of 1999...

But maybe I'm just nutty.

ride6
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I place my bets as being Winter 1999 for the demo, Spring 1999 for the release, Fall 1999 for the first add-on, Spring 2000 for the second add-on.

If I had to be more specific, then I'd go with: February 1999, March 1999, October 1999, and March 2000.
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    GameSpot says (and are usually right):

RCT
    Mar 31, 1999
    CF
    Nov 9, 1999
    LL
    Sep 30, 2000
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I can't be late March 1999, because the first RCT contest was held in mid-March 1999, according to the Wayback machine.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading