(Archive) Advertising District / Novaja Zemlja

• Critic%s's Photo
    No explanations, I just decided to work on something for the first time in...

...six months.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am liking the very classic feel you have going on here.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    it's messy.
  • posix%s's Photo
    too random.
    know what you're doing.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    At least its better than your past work..lol. :p
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    It's very "old skool", which is cool. Nice to see you actually releasing something occasionally....
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I'm sorry, you can't pass that off as "old-school".

I think it lacks any kind of ties to a theme, there's such a mix of colours and textures. It just comes off as random. I don't think architecture can be random.
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    There's just too many forms. And I don't see any sort of theming or anything.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    The only person that was ever able to pull of architecture that colorful and make it look good with Elrocko and you, most certainly, are not the 'rock. The first screen with the carousel almost interests me except that you contrasted apple trees, asian trees and blue flowers in one little area, ow.

Still not aweful but you can do better if you try.

ride6
  • Alienated%s's Photo
    That is alot different from El'Rocko actually, it has its own unique randomness about it. Much, much darker than an El'Rocko style. It could have potential but it needs to be touched up and stick with fewer colors and styles. It looks like a 50/50 mix between roman and medieval, I'd suggest leaning towards one or the other.

But what do i know, I haven't played in 1½ years.

-Alienated-
  • Panic%s's Photo
    ^ =O
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Oh come off it, ride6 - roboparks? VHS? nevis? Damn...
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Yea whats up with you, ride6? Its gettin old. Yea NeViS was crazy in that part of parkmakin.

As for the park I c what your tryin to do but Im not feelin it man. I cant get a vibe off the screens. Keep workin at it and see how it turns out.

-RMM- *)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Nevis was, technically, crazy in every department. A:LE?
    I think that this is ok work, I just wish you'd follow something through...we always see a couple of screens and then you disappear and return with something else. Why bother starting?
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Oh come off it, ride6 - roboparks? VHS? nevis? Damn...

View Post

Never been so hot on Roboparks... I don't know who this VHS is however I was completely in the wrong for not mentioning NeVis. He's one of the 10 most brilliant people to ever touch the game. Still Elrocko was the first to come to mind for me.

ride6
  • Critic%s's Photo

Nevis was, technically, crazy in every department. A:LE?
    I think that this is ok work, I just wish you'd follow something through...we always see a couple of screens and then you disappear and return with something else. Why bother starting?

View Post

Actually thanks for bringing this up...this project is a mini so hopefully I can find the creative energy to actually finish it...I've made a few subtle changes so I'll post new pics in a bit.

Thanks for all of your comments and I do appreciate them.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Excuse the double post, but I am actually working on this, and it is a mini so I should finish it eventually...I lost the other project I was working on due to my other hard drive being fried, so I can't work on that.

Anyway, here:

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

...there's a lot of architecture because I like but am never satisfied with the rest of it, so you'll end up seeing it once I release the park or when I decide on an angle I can find a screenshot I like with.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Alot of buildings there, not much foilage to go with them. Tends to make for a drab feel to the whole thing... Especially with such dull colors.

Without any spice, it doesn't hold my attention.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    It has a certain charm. I'm not that keen on flatrides being against the map-edge, but it's a mini so I guess you might be pressed for space.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Yea u need some trees in there. And try to vary the building heights more. It just seems boring seein juthin but the dirt and no texture really.

Unless thats what u tryin to do...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading