(Archive) Advertising District / Its been a long time

• MudBlood%s's Photo
    Ive started a 256x256 park... now because I'm not good at finishing park I didn't try to really build it... every time I had an idea for a ride or an area I just built it in this park... for now I have spmething like 15 different small areas... and I haven't even on the 50% comliption...

here are a few screens...

An old screen of "Mythology"
    Posted Image

a wooden coater called "Traveller"
    Posted Image

An Unnamed-yet coaster... it is peep friendly by the way
    Posted Image

an ancient atzec-ish area
    Posted Image

errr.... just a castle...
    Posted Image

You got big screens... so you have a lot to reply....

by the way... sorry about the unfinishedness

Edited by MudBlood, 25 November 2005 - 05:45 AM.

• laz0rz%s's Photo
    It looks nice I guess, but I don't like the aimlessness. It seems like you just threw in a bunch of random textures not knowing what anything is going to, and hope it works. But if that's what you were going for, then that's just me.
  • posix%s's Photo
    the intamin's support monter is kind of intriguing.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Yea I like the supports on the vertical coaster but only the first hill.
  • postit%s's Photo
    Hey, looks like fun. Reminds me of Evil WME's "fun" park.

The aztec area needs to lose about 100 windows.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    not looking too bad so far, keep it up...

yeah the supports on the first hill are pretty sweet...
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    so you say to change the wooden supports to something more like the first hill ?
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    ^ I'll answer it for you: Yes.

It looks ok, but don't use thát much windows, that's too much, really.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

so you say to change the wooden supports to something more like the first hill ?

View Post

Please and thank you.

The first screen looks nice in a way that reminds me of Roman Epic by AP, the 2nd screen is quite amusing to me except for that wooden coaster, it looks horribly out of place and the bit of layout there is entirely unatural, unrealistic and generally bad, though the rest of the screen looks quite nice.

In the third screen I don't really like the way the launch is semi-sorta enclosed but not really and the "wooden" supports look aweful. The main hill supports are excellent though.

The fourth screen desplays some rather good choises in texture and color for a building, even the forms are pleasent and well done but it's all killed as soon as anyone takes the time to look it over. Why? Because of all the windows! They're almost entirely of 1 or two groups and there are just rows upon rows of them. Really now, there are other ways to add detail to a building...

The final screen has a great chunk of architecture there, but the wooden coaster continues to look rather horrible. The castle could use a brighter color and maybe a few more windows on the lower parts (like slits for firing arrows out of and such).

Not bad stuff really, just not all that amazing either.

rdie6
  • Jwood%s's Photo
    more landscaping on the castel maybe, but u were probably doing that in that pic anyway. I noticed the working on the rocky atmosphere on the bottom left of the pic.
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    Posted Image

better?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    i think thats pretty sick. well done with the custom supports and all. make the track all silver or something...through some white in it...im not feeling the orange and red about now.
    -JDP
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    the orange and red give a nice contrast to the stark gray supports. also, these are MUCH better than before.
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    If I'll make the track all grey it will blend too much with the supports....
  • JDP%s's Photo
    thats why i said white too.
    white track and gray supports and white track.
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    Those support structures are awesome. Maybe add in some black to the color scheme.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading