General Chat / Hostel

• BchillerR%s's Photo
    Yahoo Movie Page

*The trailer is disturbing, viewers be aware.
    **The exclusive clips are even more so.

I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on this movie. Right now I'm not sure what to say.

Edited by BchillerR, 29 December 2005 - 11:00 AM.

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    This is gonna be brutal.
    I've been looking out for this movie for a long time now..
    Just one more week now..

SF

edit; btw, have you checked out THIS clip :eek:

Edited by Six Frags, 29 December 2005 - 11:14 AM.

• BchillerR%s's Photo
    Oh my god.

I'm glad someone else is interested in this movie because I was afraid to show interest for contreversial reasons.

Have you seen this clip?

http://lionsgate.arc...ostel_7_300.wmv
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    I saw the trailer a while ago. I think this type of stuff is just wrong. This isn't entertainment. It's something serial killers can watch and get off on.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    an eye out of it's socket is not really disgusting to me, and it certainly isn't frightening. what a complete let down. BORING! the freaks in "freaks" are a million times more chilling.

"one of us! one of us!"
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    This movie has no purpose what-so-ever. Shock value can only take a movie so far. Who wants to see a movie about people being tortured. That's not horror or entertainment, that's fucking dumb. It's made by some idiot director who thinks he will get famous because his movie is "shocking." Now show me some real talent.

Edited by Dixon Steele, 29 December 2005 - 12:06 PM.

• BchillerR%s's Photo
    The directors are already pretty famous, just saying :p .

Edited by BchillerR, 29 December 2005 - 12:20 PM.

• Dixon Steele%s's Photo

The directors are already pretty famous, just saying  :p .

View Post

There is only one director (Quentin Tarantino only "presents" this movie), and considering his only other movie he has directed has been Cabin Fever, I'm sure he could use the publicity and shock value to his advantage.

Edited by Dixon Steele, 29 December 2005 - 12:31 PM.

• X250%s's Photo
    Quentin Tarantino, to be is one of the shittier directors out there in my opinion, just looks like he is going for the shock and gore factor in this one, and with that in mind i am going to pre-order tickets for this one!!!

-X-
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    QT is amazing, sorry, I love his work. It's sad though studios slap his name of productions so it will get more hype.

Cabin Feaver was a fucking horrible movie.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo

QT is amazing, sorry, I love his work.  It's sad though studios slap his name of productions so it will get more hype.

Cabin Feaver was a fucking horrible movie.

View Post

I agree.

The Kill Bill movies were excellent, and the CSI episode he co-directed was excellent aswell, but it is truely sad how they use his name to give the movie hype even though he was only a partial contributor.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Quentin Tarantino, to be is one of the shittier directors out there in my opinion, just looks like he is going for the shock and gore factor in this one, and with that in mind i am going to pre-order tickets for this one!!!

-X-

View Post

but it isn't a quentin tarantino movie! it has nothing to do with him! he just "produced" the movie, which, in hollywood, could mean just about anything, and in many case they're simply vanity credits.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

First off...
    I saw the movie at a Philadelphia screening, and let me say, it definitely serves a purpose other than shock value.

Eli Roth is an amazing director. Say what you will about Cabin Fever, this movie is 1000 times better in every way fathomable.

Quentin Tarantino is just trying to jump on the "good movie" band wagon. He actually paid nothing to make the movie, he is only covering the advertising costs so his name can be on it. In reality he's getting 2% on royalities. That's about it.

If you can't stand seeing movies like this, then quite simply don't see them. This isn't for everyone, but it was enjoyable on an entertaining level.

Secondly, movies like this aren't meant for "serial killers" to get off on. They are meant to push the limits of what can and can't be done to an audience. It's the kind of movie that gets you thinking about desicions you make about doing shady things in your life.

It's more like a public service announcement. If you have no idea what I am talking about, just go see it to find out when it comes out. It plays out like a slasher film in message. If you do bad things, bad things will be done to you and vice versa.

Sorry if some of you don't find that acceptable. I do have one suggstion to those who find this appauling...

Go rent Sky High and jerk off to little kids...
    :lol: :lol:

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Oh...I have that movie...
  • X250%s's Photo
    Oh he just produced the movie? Ah well, theres me jumping to conclusions again lol. Still, it looks like an interesting film, the trailer with the eyeball was sickly- anything to do with the eye tends to bother me for some reason, but to me thats just another reason to watch the film. Any ideas on when it comes out? Or is it out?

-X-
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I obviously haven't seen this whole movie, but the footage I've seen and the reviews I've read all describe this dark atmosphere where lives can be taken within a second in a disturbing violent way.. It's hard to describe what attracts me to these kind of movies, but I had the same with Wrong Turn, Saw, the Devil's Rejects and the Final Destination movies..

The name of QT doesn't interest me one second, and I think it's sad he just puts his name on there to generate more interest for this movie..

SF

edit; It hits theaters on the 6th of january X (in the USA/internet ;) )..

Edited by Six Frags, 29 December 2005 - 02:07 PM.

• Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    i loved cabin fever. it was one of my favorite movies of 2003. this movie looks interesting too i just hope it's not another saw rip-off.
  • Geoff%s's Photo

Go rent Sky High and jerk off to little kids...
    :lol: :lol:

View Post

Wtf? Okay, then.

I thought gory slasher flicks really didn't send any messages. I mean, how could you take a serious message from a completely disgusting movie? I personally wouldn't want to take any advice (as in messages etc.) from a crazy homicidal director or screenwriter.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I didn't see anything graphic in those trailers, but this strikes me as a movie version of "The Body Collectors" maze from this year's Halloween Horror Nights. Brutal torture and that sort of stuff.

There's this fascination with the abomination that I think people do possess, so in that way, there's an attraction. But I don't see the point of it. I might be mindless entertainment, but it doesn't seem like a film I'd get anything out of.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    I want to go see it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading