(Archive) Advertising District / So the Koreans Have Ripped Us Off...

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    http://gwebp.co.to/

So apparently, this site is advertising itself as "nedesigns(Korea)" or something to that effect. Click the link, and you'll notice some pretty striking similarities.

Now, the last time someone did something like this, Xcite got flamed, killed, then banned. But this time, I'm not exactly sure what to do, mostly because I'm not sure they'd even understand us.

Altho I do think there are some members there who visit this place still.

So um... what should we do? Lead an army and invade their place? Threaten legal action? Tell them we're the North Koreans and we're going to nuke them?

Or just laugh at it because they actually have an H2H page?

BTW, I think this would prolly be what Mantis would want for an NE3 layout. :p

Also, Dan, I guess this that's what happened to the Koreans. :lol:
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Why can't they just sneak back in under a different username like everybody else ;) ?If anybody speaks korean, we should go over there and start advertising this site. Wow, that's hillarious.

Edited by HandyAndyG, 30 December 2005 - 12:26 AM.

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Except we can use bablefish and therefore "speak" in extremily poorly done Korean just like how they butcher English. That and based on what I could tell from a couple of their "spotlights" we've still got them beat in quality.

ride6
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Yes, I could see that our parks are much better. Machchunk could probably get spotlight over there.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

Yes, I could see that our parks are much better. Machchunk could probably get spotlight over there.

View Post

God, will you just get over it?
  • marinersfan59%s's Photo
    is this even current?

Under the pds link (I'm guessing = news?) they're advertising for RCT1 Exp2 (Loopy Landscapes).

Still, pretty interesting find. I cant read much because it's all ?'s and !'s tho.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    Intersting. Can you even take any action besides an email?

Yes, it is. If you look around there's some RCT2 stuff. Also I saw a Rubicks post dated this Christmas. However Rubicks seems to be more where the site is headed.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Their Rubiks Forum = our Music Forum. :lol:
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    Holly Fuck! some similiarties?
    they have cloned NE !!!!
    LETS DESTROY THEIR COUNTRY!!!! KIDNAPP THEIR CHILDREN!!!!! RAPE THEIR WIVESSSS!!!!!!!

or we can just ask them to change it...
  • PBJ%s's Photo

LETS DESTROY THEIR COUNTRY!!!! KIDNAPP THEIR CHILDREN!!!!! RAPE THEIR WIVESSSS!!!!!!!
    or we can just ask them to change it...

View Post

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    why bother? Immitation is the greatest form of flattery...
  • Brent%s's Photo
    You all suck cock-a-doodle-doo-a-doodle-doo: You all suck cock-a-doodle-doo-a-doodle-doo you Korean dog eating bastards

who did that one?
  • Dan%s's Photo

http://gwebp.co.to/

So apparently, this site is advertising itself as "nedesigns(Korea)" or something to that effect.  Click the link, and you'll notice some pretty striking similarities.

Now, the last time someone did something like this, Xcite got flamed, killed, then banned.  But this time, I'm not exactly sure what to do, mostly because I'm not sure they'd even understand us.

Altho I do think there are some members there who visit this place still.

So um... what should we do?  Lead an army and invade their place?  Threaten legal action?  Tell them we're the North Koreans and we're going to nuke them?

Or just laugh at it because they actually have an H2H page?
    BTW, I think this would prolly be what Mantis would want for an NE3 layout.  :p

Also, Dan, I guess this that's what happened to the Koreans. :lol:

View Post

Well, that explains everything.

And Blitz is right; imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I'd leave everything as it is. Most people on that board probably don't know what NE is.

If anything, if Guljam is on there, I'd ask him if NE is to do a name change. He is the one who has been on here the most.

Dan
  • J K%s's Photo
    It's good to see that this sites obviously influenced them but do they have to copy practically everything? There spotlights suck, they should'nt even be called a spotlight.

Edited by J K, 30 December 2005 - 08:12 AM.

• Magnus%s's Photo
    did you already check their best parks
    there is one park made by pooolk. i thing he was member here aswell

at the bottom of the site is says

©Gungz(Yu Jeong-Min)

and now have a look at this:
    http://forums.nedesi...ndpost&p=189612
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo

If anything, if Guljam is on there, I'd ask him if NE is to do a name change. He is the one who has been on here the most.

Dan

View Post

He seems to be the webmaster of the site....click the about link on the side of their home page, even gives his email address :lol:
  • artist%s's Photo
    lmao this is hilarious
  • Dan%s's Photo

did you already check their best parks
    there is one park made by pooolk. i thing he was member here aswell

at the bottom of the site is says
    and now have a look at this:
    http://forums.nedesi...ndpost&p=189612

View Post

Gungz might have been a team or guild name. Much like RCTX or RCT Masters or something.

The only other person to ask is RedBrain, as he can speak English somewhat fluently. That way, we can get some more info.

Dan
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

why bother?  Immitation is the greatest form of flattery...

View Post

I agree. Doesn't seem to be any harm with it and it's certainly not taking traffic away from this site.
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo
    Just scare them off saying that you gonna take action on them. Copying sites is lame.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading