(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / forest frontiers

• newk%s's Photo
    well i downloaded forest frontiers for rct 2 on the official rct website about a year ago and made this park. this is what i consider my first real park that i made even though its still pretty bad. i didnt know anything about custom scenery or trainers. but the only reason im putting it up is because i like "the factory" design i made. so dont be expecting much but i hope you like it. here are screens.

Posted Image
    this is "the factory." i loved building this.

Posted Image
    i also liked this entrance area.

Posted Image
    a wierd space area. theres nobody on the rollercoaster because it crashed....woops

Posted Image
    look at that awful river rapids and woodie 8@

anyway, right click and save as. thanks.
    forest frontiers
  • trav%s's Photo
    Much love on the first two screens. Very nice. I'll have a look in game later.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    fisrt screen looks fucking great... clean but chaotic!
  • Dan%s's Photo
    That coaster at the top took ages to move. Nice park for what it is, though.

Dan
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    i really like the second screen. the whole pathway and train. the potted plants. it's creative. i'll have a look in the game later.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    That 2nd screen is a great example of how composition and use of space matters more that what's really there because for the first 30 seconds I looked at it I didn't know how fucked up the rooflines on those buildings were; I was too busy examining the elevated railway, those paths and the flowers.

Why, may I ask, are you taking any influence from us? If you created that enterence before knowing about all this online stuff I'd much rather see you go that way then try to follow in the footsteps of all these other NE'ers (including myself). That river rapids and mech coaster look pretty neat too, not to say that I'll be bothered to download & reply because I've rattled on enough just from that one screen. Really that screen kinda made my "rct" day.

ride6
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    I love the factory and particularly the second screen: it seems so simple, but never seen before this elevated train with the (elevated) path besides it in this way. Works out very well!

Some great ideas there!
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Cool Park.
    Really brought back some nice memories...
  • Beejer%s's Photo
    Nice coloring on the first screen, though I think it could use a little more black to accent certain areas, similiar to the black railing/fence you did.

The second screen is good except I think the castle objects are out of place, and like ride6 said the rooflines really distract the eye. Use the quarter roof tiles to connect to the larger ones.

That coaster on the third screen looks insane!

Overall, it looks like you're having fun with the game, which is important because it fuels the imagination and makes you wanna build even more.
  • thirteen%s's Photo

Cool Park.
    Really brought back some nice memories...

View Post

i totally agree
    the park shows that people still have fun with rct without this "24 hour whos the best challenge"

nice work, really
    and peep friendly :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading