RCT Discussion / biggest frustration of rct?

• newk%s's Photo
    well...i love the game but loading new data objects takes forever and after hacking a ride, i get lots of "operation failed" notices and shutdowns.

and i scrolled across my park today to find 13458983432 people stuck underground... damn. 8@

whats your biggest frustration?

Edited by newk, 20 January 2006 - 08:21 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    figuring out hacks i need, by far.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    hacking statues or fountains in LL (zero clearences doesn't work)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    exiting the game to zero clearence. worst thing, ever.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Coaster rateings... and maybe the sound in RCT2.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Map size
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Surprised nobody (especially you Iceman, or Fatha) has said Sprite Limit.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    0 Clearances in RCT3, if the came had some option to deal with that it would be a winner.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Surprised nobody (especially you Iceman, or Fatha) has said Sprite Limit.

View Post

mmmm....I should go for the object limit
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    rct: the hassle of hacking to float objects; sprite limit; how easily things can get corrupted

rct2: long fucking load times just to open a fucking saved game file; scenery limit; sprite limit; limited land texture options; lame scenery with inconsistent color schematics and overly symmetrical trees, shrubs, and flowers.

rct3: no workable isometric view; lag; too few scenery options; lag; limits of all sorts; zero clearance?; LAAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Banner limits, sprite limits, "unexpected errors", white glitches, blackhole glitches, The stupid glitches of scenery overlapping a nearby land tile or other scenic object, the stupid custom scenery scroll limit, different names for the same scenery which eat up folder space, you can't have onride photos underground, staffing limits, dueling coaster seperation when they're perfectly timed, park scenery amount limitations, ride type limits, not enough vertical land textures(in rct2), etc. etc.
  • J K%s's Photo
    At this very moment in time getting 8cars to work is a bitch.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    people complaining about RCT3 and zero clearances. The clearances are fine as they are for fuck's sake.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I hear you. You may have to use the latest version. I had the same problem, an error trapper when I tried to open the older version.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    It doesn't run on my new computer.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I still use 8 Cars 1.22 myself. I have the new version but "restoring cleanences" with it is pretty hit or miss on the "glitchy graffic" issue.

Personally the most fusterating things are what Blitz listed, along with:

1: Tinkering with/hacking with something for HOURS just to find out that no matter what you do it's simply not possible.

2: Getting an error trapper after building for 45 minutes + without saving. One of the worst feelings in the world.

Oh and not in terms of the games mechanics I also hate working on a park for hours on end and yet not having it really show up at the end. I felt this way about my PT park for the longest damn time towards the beginning because while a lot was getting started absolutely nothing was getting finished.

ride6
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

1:  Tinkering with/hacking with something for HOURS just to find out that no matter what you do it's simply not possible.

View Post

oh man i just did that for like an hour and a half, and it's so fucking annoying. on TWO things.
    :mad:

edit: and on top of that, i got like ten error trappers while i was doing that. fucking sunk cars.

Edited by tracidEdge, 21 January 2006 - 10:49 PM.

• PBJ%s's Photo
    that if you use 0clearness and you build something you must do again zero clearness to build thru those objects...
  • X250%s's Photo
    At the moment my biggest annoyance with RCT2 is the fact i can't scroll down on the 'small objects' list in scenario editor, which i hope to sort out bu uninstalling the game and shifting the folder elsewhere, which i heard works.

-X-
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

At the moment my biggest annoyance with RCT2 is the fact i can't scroll down on the 'small objects' list in scenario editor, which i hope to sort out bu uninstalling the game and shifting the folder elsewhere, which i heard works.

-X-

View Post

Yeah, you just need to get rid of some of the custom scenery in your objdata folder. Either go through and find and delete things you don't need, or just getting a fresh folder works if you don't want to spend the time. You can just get a fresh folder, and reopen parks that have scenery you know you want (PT workbench parks, your own parks, etc.)

I'm surprised I haven't needed to delete anything from my folder recently. I've been looking at quite a few parks recently and I even have WW installed. I must've cleaned out the folder really well last time.

Things that annoy me. Hmm:
    Rct1/LL: The fact that it no longer runs on the computer I have it installed on (error everytime it loads up) and I don't have the Rct disk to reinstall it on my new computer (I have the LL disk though).
    Rct2: Can't turn off sound, laggy when there's too much stuff, the thing X250 mentioned, bad custom scenery, the occasional glitch (usually not much of a problem with me though, I only get the occasional error trapper when I do a no-no), and going back and forth for zero-clearancing (it's so much of a reflex now that I sometimes don't even remember if I did it or not).
    Rct3: Lag. There are other problems, but lag is the only reason I don't bother learning it and enjoying it. The other problems I can probably deal with.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading