RCT Discussion / any park ideas you have?

• newk%s's Photo
    just curious to see what you guys have thought up for park ideas. i get random ideas throughout school usually.

but ive always wondered how minas tirith would look in rct. with a roller coaster representing denethor jumping to his death. that would be pretty sweet.

Edited by newk, 28 January 2006 - 02:36 PM.

• ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    I've been wanting to do a park based on the Revelation Space series for a while... different areas for Chasm City, Sky's Edge, Turqouise, etc. Haven't got the patience to try, though.

-ACE
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    That part was fuckin awsome when he jumped of the huge ass cliff onfire, damn thats so how I want to go :lol:

Well yeah LOTR would be awsome for a park, but so far no-ones come close to finishing, tho many have tried.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    makonix should finish his lotr park. that thing looks awesome.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I thought about doing something like retelling something like the progression from the Britains exploring America until the "Boston Teaparty" (I listened to the teacher in history!).
    I think, it would be... interesting!

Edited by MiFuNe, 28 January 2006 - 03:58 PM.

• Panic%s's Photo

I've been wanting to do a park based on the Revelation Space series for a while... different areas for Chasm City, Sky's Edge, Turqouise, etc.  Haven't got the patience to try, though.

-ACE

View Post

Go for it. That would be kickass.

I've long wanted to do a park themed to Mahler's Third Symphony...
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    There ought to be a park themed to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    i really want to make a HP park but not with all the custom objects from Midwestboyinla but with normal scenery like the PT2 bench :)

But first i want to finish Walt Disney Italy my non-custom park

Edited by Tom_Dj, 29 January 2006 - 05:11 AM.

• Levis%s's Photo

i really want to make a HP park but not with all the custom objects from Midwestboyinla but with normal scenery like the PT2 bench :)

But first i want to finish Walt Disney Italy my non-custom park

View Post

what do you think I'm gonna do in fantasy ;) .
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Final Fantasy if done right would make an awsome game. FF10 would be awsome.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Elby's FF9 park is kick ass. Hope he's still doing it.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Camp Snoopy (Mall of America) recreation
    abandoned oil rig
    mega space station
    Valley Fair (MN) recreation
    various indescribable abstract concepts (RCT Impressionism!)
    Neverland (Pan, not Jacko)
    Disneyland Mogadishu
    Basics of My Spleen
    Waterworld!
    Star Wars pod racing quint dueler design
    Hoth
    Islands of Disenchantment

I probably won't actually make any of these so feel free to steal them.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    The third one is mine. It is now copyrighted. Nobody else is going to take that idea. Is that clear? Nobody is going to make one unless they're helping me.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo

Basics of My Spleen

:lol:
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

Disneyland Mogadishu

View Post

lmfao. just great... a disneyland in somalia.
  • Twisted%s's Photo

Elby's FF9 park is kick ass. Hope he's still doing it.

View Post

Hmm...I gotta see this. Could you give me a link to where I can see screens or a download or whatever?

Could help with a certain something.

Thanks.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

mega space station
    Star Wars pod racing quint dueler design

View Post

I've thought about trying some kind of fairly compact pod racing coaster. And my sci-fi park will probably have some kind of space station to it, but I have doubts about it being a "mega" space station.

As far as my ideas. Most of the ones I actually think about quite a bit I actually start on, so I don't know if they'd count. The lousy ideas I usually don't bother with. Here are some ideas that never really got off the ground, generally because they weren't very good. A few of them I actually started, but most never got far at all. How far they got in game is listed for each one:
    *XI's Holiday Hoorah (5%). A holiday themed park. 8@
    *A darkride/4D design based on Minority Report. (0%) It would've been for the PT1 prelims.
    *Narnia and LOTR parks (0%). Possibly at the same resort.
    *A Stephen King park (0%). I really have no idea where that one came from, as I don't read the books, and I don't care for most of the films.
    *A more general sci-fi park, based around different sci-fi themes (Contact, AI, Disasters, Technology, Existence, etc.). (0%)
    *XI's: Italia. (5%) For the recent Italy rct2.com Road Rally competition. I think the reason I couldn't enter it was because, ironically, I was in Italy.
    *XI's: Eiffel Amusements (or Paris Jardins). (15%) For the France Road Rally. The idea was that it was going to be a park around the base of the Eiffel Tower. Then it turned out I could only fit in a 1/2 scale tower. And I could only comfortable fit in a 1/3 or 1/4 scale. So it kind of lost purpose, since it would've had to have been built around a scale replica of the Eiffel Tower. But I did finish most of the base. I've used this work for another project too, though I think it didn't work out too well in this other case.
    *XI's: American Adventure (0%). Something I thought about for about 15 minutes for the America Road Rally.
    *A recreation of a small park nearby my home that closed down about 10 years ago. (1%) I figured that way there'd be some record of it's layout and everything.
    *XI's: Colorado River Cove (15%). For the Rct2.com Spring Break contests. It would've had a launched water coaster and a drive up boat entrance. Basically my idea of what an amusement park at Lake Havasu would be like. I got the boat entrance done, and it was pretty nice for the time, actually.
    *A Rime of the Ancient Mariner design for the water coaster PT2 prelim (0%).
    *A mini version of my Hawaiian park (0%). Also for the spring break contest.
    *XI's: Barrett Gardens (70%). A park based around my neighborhood. I actually got reasonably far on it. This was way back in LL.
    *XI's: Eras (0%). Based around different eras of US history.
    *A KBF recreation for the RES. (3%)
    *A DCA recreation for the RES (15%). This actually progressed a little bit. I showed some screens of it at one of the first Fiestas.
    *XI's: Epic Endeavours (30%). One of my first Rct2 parks that I got really planned out. It was for some contest, and it would've been based around various old epics. Different sections based on Beowolf (this made it into my Scandinavian park), Gilgamesh, Rama (made it into my India park), The Odyssey (I actually made a whole LL park based on it before this too), and other various Greek and Roman myths. Maybe if I get bored, I'll revisit this idea.
    *XI's Britainnia (75%). For the first Rct2.com Road Rally. I actually got most of this one done. Some of my first decent archy in Rct2.

Some ideas I've started but haven't finished (but I'll try to):
    *XI's: Eon Odysseys. A park based on the writing of sci-fi author Arthur C. Clarke
    *Similar to the above, but based on a famous horror author (not Stephen King).
    *A Hawaiian park. It actually has been finished it several forms, but never up to my standards. I'm going Hawaii again this summer, so I'll probably restart it again.

One I'm considering for the future:
    *A new Disney park.

EDIT: Wow, that was long.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    I was thinking about a Half-Life 2 Park.
    That would be cool. The big bridge in that game I wanted to recreate for PT2.
    Also the prison with the antlions would be very cool to see in game...
    Or Ravenholm... :SA:
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    ... just go and build it ...
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    I have to much going on... i don't wanna cancel everything i start...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading